PDA

View Full Version : NPCs given odd titles/names

JeenLeen
2016-12-28, 12:59 PM
Based on this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?510220-Ever-accidentally-give-the-BBEG-a-stupid-name

Anyone have stories about NPCs beyond the BBEG being given an odd name, either by the DM or the players?

Couple examples:
In an oWoD Mage game, there was a character with a rather mundane name who was the librarian at a small library on the bad side of town. He was known to be an information broker and generally helpful, with connections to various superanturals. (Turned out later to be a very powerful mummy.) Name was Thomas Foster, or something like that. We players, and our PCs, took to calling him "The Librarian". We often talked in hushed tones about him and his power and knowledge, sometimes freaking out others about this mysterious Librarian. They then would get perplexed when we say something like, "oh, no. I mean, he's the librarian at this library there."

In a Pathfinder game, the DM had trouble looking up the name of an NPC commoner we were going to interrogate, so I named him Dude H, since we had already talked to a few other guys (A, B, C...). DM was somewhat annoyed, and I think I referred to several other NPCs as Dude H for the rest of the campaign. (Not my best moment.)

Freed
2016-12-28, 02:07 PM
I had an NPC named Hocus Pocus the Locus Locust. He was a giant bug mage. He WAS AWESOME!