PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for lv 20 Eldritch Knight

Sir cryosin
2016-12-28, 01:49 PM
So for a one shot on New year's I'm making a lv 20 character. I'm thinking of going Eldritch Knight. We get +3 armor or ring if your a caster, a free feat, x2 +3 weapons, then 3 magic items that he has to OK.
I already asked for a staff of thunder and lightning but it's a greatsword. And a belt of giant STR I think fire the one with 25 STR he has OKed. So I'm looking for advice on this thx.

Vorpalchicken
2016-12-28, 09:15 PM
That staff would be brutal as a greatsword! Especially with GWM as a feat. Other items to consider: mantle of spell resistance, ring of free action. A ring of spell storing charged up with an ally' s sweet 5th level spell might be fun. Maybe a circle of power! I think a fun extra weapon would be a dancing spare greatsword. Should hit ok with your 25 strength.

Gignere
2016-12-28, 09:43 PM
So for a one shot on New year's I'm making a lv 20 character. I'm thinking of going Eldritch Knight. We get +3 armor or ring if your a caster, a free feat, x2 +3 weapons, then 3 magic items that he has to OK.
I already asked for a staff of thunder and lightning but it's a greatsword. And a belt of giant STR I think fire the one with 25 STR he has OKed. So I'm looking for advice on this thx.

Let me try to optimize a level 20 EK, don't know your abilities so assume standard array.

Yuan-Ti Pureblood

S 8 D 14 C 15 I 10 + 1 W 13 Ch 12 + 2

7 ASIs + 1 free feat

Feats Alert, GWM, PAM, Resilient Wisdom

Leaves you with 4 ASIs

+1 Con , +1 Int
+2 Con
+2 Con
+2 Int or + 2 Wis

I would just go with a flame tongue halberd, maybe ask for a +1 version of it because flame tongue is only rare and +3 weapon is very rare. With 25 strength you will pretty much never miss even if you always take the -5 / +10 damage on every attack so a damage rider is much better. For your last attunement item consider Ioun Stone of Mastery this will give you +1 to proficiency, which increases both your to hit, saves and spell DC. Nab a broom of flying and sentinel shield. Free action drop shield at beginning of combat note you only need to hold the shield it doesn't need to be donned to give you it's benefits.

For spells I will only list the ones I think are mandatory - haste, shield, absorb elements, mirror image

You have advantage on all saves, 6 attacks each round, advantage on initiative.