PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me build a level 11 Sith

ImSAMazing
2016-12-28, 01:56 PM
Hi guys,

I think I have a fun idea for a character, not really original, I know: a Sith(Jedi is fine too). The campaign starts at lvl 11, all official books allowed. We can start with 3k gp, 2 uncommon items and 1 rare item. Could you guys help me build a good, competent character? He should be strong in melee, but also have the iconic force powers.

Thanks in advance guys!

Monavic
2016-12-28, 03:40 PM
Just off the top of my head something like barb 8 and warlock 3. Barbarian gives you fighting and rage is very sith like. Unarmored defense, danger sense, feral instinct, and fast movement are all very fitting. Use 3 levels in warlock to get your dark side force skills. Go bladelock and fiend pact. Dark ones blessing giving you power for slaying your foes fits and will work well to keep you going in rages. Refluff spells to be force powers. Like eldritch blast with repelling blast is a force push, it even has the right damage type. Witch bolt is very force lightning like, and command/suggestion works also. For your rare item take a sunblade and making it your pact weapon is a fitting light saber. Maybe not over powered but would work fine and be fun to play.

ImSAMazing
2016-12-28, 03:43 PM
Just off the top of my head something like barb 8 and warlock 3. Barbarian gives you fighting and rage is very sith like. Unarmored defense, danger sense, feral instinct, and fast movement are all very fitting. Use 3 levels in warlock to get your dark side force skills. Go bladelock and fiend pact. Dark ones blessing giving you power for slaying your foes fits and will work well to keep you going in rages. Refluff spells to be force powers. Like eldritch blast with repelling blast is a force push, it even has the right damage type. Witch bolt is very force lightning like, and command/suggestion works also. For your rare item take a sunblade and making it your pact weapon is a fitting light saber. Maybe not over powered but would work fine and be fun to play.

I was also thinking about the Sun Blade, but when I'm in a rage(great idea to represent the Force Rage ability, which I had totally forgotten about), I can't use my other Force Powers :( Thanks for the help though! I'll look into it and look if I can make it work.

Falcon X
2016-12-28, 04:00 PM
I once talked my DM into letting me change the element of Fire Bolt to electricity (I was a storm sorcerer).
Had some great times using Sith Lightning on enemies.

ImSAMazing
2016-12-28, 04:02 PM
I once talked my DM into letting me change the element of Fire Bolt to electricity (I was a storm sorcerer).
Had some great times using Sith Lightning on enemies.

That's not bad. Although, Electricity is a damage type that hasn't got so much resistances/immunities, in comparison to others, especially Fire. I might be able to change Ray of Frost to it though.

Vorpalchicken
2016-12-28, 08:36 PM
I was thinking a pure Eldritch Knight would make a cool Sith. Items: Sunblade, Boots of Springing and a Headband of Intellect. Could focus on Dex and have an extra ASI for fun feats. Could even wear heavy armor and ignore strength restrictions for a Vader feel. Your 2nd level non evoc/abjuration spell would have to be suggestion.

JackPhoenix
2016-12-28, 09:21 PM
GoO bladelock with Sunblade. Armor of Shadows so you don't have to wear real armor, Otherwordly Leap for jumping around, Thirsting Blade for obvious reasons, Repelling Blast and refluff Eldritch Blast into Force Push. Last invocation is up to you. GoO pact gives you access to various useful spells like Telekinesis, Detect Thoughts and Dominate Person and jedi-like resistance to things messing with your mind. Suggestion is already on warlock's list, Mage Hand is great, Lightning Lure may work for Force Pull, Witch Bolt is one of the worst spells in 5e, but it's the closest thing to Force Lightning, Expeditious Retreat because you don't have access to real Haste.