PDA

View Full Version : DM Help DnD 3.5 classes vs D20 Modern(/Future) PL6/limited PL7 Setting classes

Schattenbach
2016-12-28, 02:48 PM
I'm not all that familiar with the D20 Modern classes and as such, got a few questions about them.

Let's assume we have a setting that mixes the elements of DnD 3.5 (with progressions up to and into epic levels, including epic spellcasting)... and ... D20 Modern(/Future) ... with Progress Level 6 (and, to some limited degree in terms of Mechas and Spaceships and such, Progress Level 7). Note: DnD 3.5 Classes keep their original skill lists (expect in cases where they, for example, get all the Knowledge Skills as such).

a.) Under the conditions noted above, how do the D20 Modern(/Future) classes actually compare towards the (often) highly powerful DnD 3.5 Classes (in regard to DnD 3.5 ... I'm looking at full casters and such in particular, but also at martial adepts with maneuvers and such) when it comes to NPCs (that, as it is typical for NPCs, usually lack magical talent and/or decent stats ... at might also not have access to the magical knowledge and other valuable resources the DnD 3.5 casters if they aren't deemed talented enough)? What classes would they be likely to actually get access to?

b.) Under the conditions noted above, how do the D20 Modern(/Future) classes actually compare towards the (often) highly powerful DnD 3.5 Classes (in regard to DnD 3.5 ... I'm looking at full casters and such in particular, but also at martial adepts with maneuvers and such)? Could some of them serve as decent dip or are otherwise useful? Are some of them badly outclassed by already existing classes from DnD 3.5 classes?

c.) Are there any particular issues for DnD 3.5 classes (their typical versions as well as their Variant classes ... including their Urban Variants) face when in such a setting .. like problems in regard to some specific skill being a cross-class skill (or that there are more important skills to deal with than before) or that their class isn't particulary compatible with modern society?

What's the playground'ers' opinion regarding this?