PDA

View Full Version : What to do next with my cleric?

Abbott
2007-07-17, 07:16 PM
Anyway, I have a level 2 chaotic good cleric with
Stats:
Str: 15
Dex: 13
Con: 9
Int: 13
Wis: 16
Cha: 15

Feats:
Prodigious Spellcasting (or whatever it's called, gives +2 to primary casting ability but for casting only)
Domain Spontaniety (Spontaneous casting of Domain spells in exchange for turnings)
Flaw Shaky (-2 on Ranged rolls)
Weapon Prof. Longsword (For flavor, deity's favoured weapon)

Skills:
Bluff 7
Diplomacy 10
Knowledge Arcane, History and the Planes 2
Knowledge Religion 4
Spellcraft 6

Domains:
Trickery and Charm

What I'm basically looking for is a feat, but any prestige class in the future that requires a build is appreciated. I want it to be flavourful yet still somewhat powerful as I'm first and foremost a roleplayer though I don't mind fights. The way I play him, he's a bit of an oxymoron as he worships the god of bards and knowledge yet revels in battle. Recently, I've started playing him in the way that he likes to trick people out of knowledge and even managed to pry away a unique, if somewhat comprised tome from a local mayor.

Damionte
2007-07-17, 11:02 PM
Youre needs are a little too wide open for me personally to be abel to help. I do better when the person asking has a character idea to build off of.

What is your guy like now?
What/who else is in your party?

CASTLEMIKE
2007-07-18, 02:09 AM
It depends on your race and how you use the multiclassing rules in your campaign.

The Artistic Feat could be nice for roleplaying your concept. Taking a Skill Focus for your performing.

With your patron diety and the non combat theme he could make a nice clericist.

Taking a level in Bard would go well with your concept.

He could end up being the party face if he isn't already.

Their is the Holy Liberator PRC in Complete Divine since he is CG and likes to fight although the a level or two of Templar could work also.

Abbott
2007-07-18, 04:36 AM
I'm not sure bard would be a good idea. Basically, I'm the only healer 'cept a pally in a group that sometimes might stretch to ten. However, the thought has crossed my mind do we already have a bard (who is rather superfluous but still).
He's human and the way I play him is basically a pretty confident guy who likes to plan ahead but once battle is joined is just as likely to be found on the frontline as the barbarian (as long as people don't need too much healing). He's stubborn but can be very sneaky and slick when it comes to talking people out of knowledge or trying to convince them of seeing things his way. That way, he's more of chaotic and good, not good in a chaotic way.
The way I was planning was to perhaps pick up Heighten Turning and Greater Turning later on and perhaps go for Sacred Purifier or some such class that deals with the undead (due to him having a near-death experience around the undead) whilst still granting most of the spell progression or simply going the warpriest route (which I just saw i can't). However, looking through the Complete Divine, the Divine Oracle caught my eye. His turn undead might not be improved and he gets a little less HP, but I think he'll be a better combatant and it'll be flavourful since he worships a god of knowledge. However, is it bad if you intend to go into close combat alot? Also, where is the templar?