PDA

View Full Version : Star wars saga edition campaign help

Jor-of-Dan
2016-12-28, 11:02 PM
Hi guys I am starting up a star wars campaign using saga edition , Mostly because i have almost all the books.
the core book
starships
scum and villainy
kotor
force unleashed
legacy
clone wars (i think)

Anyway I am wanting to start up a campaign and I have a scoundrel, a soldier , a jedi in the group.
I was thinking of doing a very Christmasy centered small campaign to start with. Having the group going after some sort of sith evil christmas santa claus, this would be just sort of a start up one off adventure for fun but it would get people used to one another and set the tnefor the main campaign which i want to be kind of rag tag missions with a decent amount starfighter encounters. (one of my members wnts to get ahold of a tie interceptor)

Having a hard time coming up with a beginning and then fleshing out the adventure. How does my party meet do they know each other ahead of time etc (they are terrible at making things flow well on their own) I want it to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy that they meet in but its really annoying going "k guys you start in a cantina and blah happens meet one another"

So if you guys can lend me a hand that would be awesome thanks

CharonsHelper
2016-12-28, 11:11 PM
Just have all 3 start with the same mission from different angles.

Ex: They're all after the same target.

Scoundrel: After the bounty

Soldier: Under orders from his commander

Jedi: His master got a call and the impetuous padawan overheard what their job would be, but his master had something more important to do first (In Saga Edition Jedi are padawans until level 8ish)

So - they all come across the guy at the same time (he has a way of getting on the bad side of people) at the same time, and at the same time as a street gang he wronged (something happens which makes him stand out - like he appeared on a news clip or he won a local lotto etc.). The gang is just going to kill him and everyone else around... including all of the PCs. Needless to say, they are thrown into working together to survive, and then they hit it off when the hook for the next part of the plot happens. (Maybe the real Jedi comes back, takes command of the soldier and offers to either have the scoundrel work for him or the scoundrel can do the 10 years in a salt mine that he's due for XXX)

Freed
2016-12-29, 12:10 AM
A robot named RU-d0l5h plans to recieve smuggled gifts (wrapped sith holocrons) from the scoundrel. The Republic sends a trooper after RU-d0l5h in order to intercept the holocrons, while the jedi senses a disturbance and sneaks away from his master to find the holocrons. When they arrive RU-d0l5h has double-crossed the scoundrel and decided not to pay. Furious and aided by the rest of the party, the scoundrel follows him until a red-cloaked man rescues RU-d0l5h in a red ship covered in jingle bells. The party joins together to stop him.
Otherwise, please give us some more info.

Jor-of-Dan
2016-12-29, 01:06 AM
Mostly I am just looking for good ideas for ways of getting the group joined up together I have great ideas for the story but getting 3-5 people to play nice with one another when their characters dont know one another always seems daunting and most of the people i run games with dont play nice plus i would like this to have a good roleplay aspect to them instead of just a roll play aspect tothem

braveheart
2016-12-29, 01:43 PM
When I ran Saga I made each character have a preexisting relationship with an NPC I had that character call them all together before I killed him off to give everyone a motive and common bond.

Beleriphon
2016-12-29, 05:23 PM
Mostly I am just looking for good ideas for ways of getting the group joined up together I have great ideas for the story but getting 3-5 people to play nice with one another when their characters dont know one another always seems daunting and most of the people i run games with dont play nice plus i would like this to have a good roleplay aspect to them instead of just a roll play aspect tothem

Best option, ask the players to come up with a reason they all know each other and are willing to work with each other. Best solution is they are employed by the Republic or whatever you want and have been assigned a mission.