PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of a bardic god (balance?)

Gwaednerth
2016-12-29, 04:13 AM
So, in my current world, there's a holy order within the primary elven religion that reveres the divinity of music. Simply re-fluffing a cleric didn't quite do what I wanted, and I wound up scrapping it and turning to homebrew. However, this isn't really my area and I would love input.
The system is pathfinder, and my basic plan is a bard with a paladin spellcasting progression, channel energy, one cleric domain, and the cleric spell list. Is that reasonably balanced?

khadgar567
2016-12-29, 05:05 AM
which edition your game is

Gwaednerth
2016-12-29, 05:07 AM
Here's a basic mockup of my thinking. Spell levels that list +1 are levels at which only the domain spell is available. At 0+1, the Divine Virtuoso may gain spells in addition to their domain spell if they have high charisma. 1+1 etc. works as you would expect.
In order to avoid every ability being linked to charisma, which would be majorly broken min/max-wise, channel energy is wisdom based. I also might change some of the bardic lore stuff that doesn't quite fit the fluff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ekYvHx9lxxQPWxpoZ0I5djjNt4uUE2byemTf55t-snk/edit?usp=sharing

King539
2016-12-29, 12:11 PM
You could port the divine bard from 3.5...

Gwaednerth
2016-12-29, 10:12 PM
which edition your game is

Pathfinder

Gwaednerth
2016-12-29, 10:13 PM
You could port the divine bard from 3.5...

I don't have whatever rulebook that's from. Any idea where I could find the class?

Diovid
2016-12-30, 06:12 AM
I don't have whatever rulebook that's from. Any idea where I could find the class?
It's from Unearthed Arcana and can be found here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantDivineBard

Kamai
2017-01-02, 08:37 AM
If the Divine Bard mentioned earlier doesn't work for you, my first attempt would be to make a music clerical domain before trying this path. A good music domain + knowledge should feel a lot like a bard.