PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Trying to combine a dragon with a zealot. [3pp, DSP and Rite Publishing.]

soulsabre345
2016-12-29, 10:33 PM
So, The Taninim (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/dragon-taninim) Race from rite publishing has a racial archtype, the Draconic Hero, that allows them to grow in size past small, and get various bonuses, but removes a few abilities from the class to balance it out. I would like suggestions for how to achieve reasonable balance in adding this archtype to a Zealot in path of war expanded, from Dreamscarred press.

Through level 20, every 5 levels gain a size increase, a few natural attacks and reach increases, a fly speed, and bonuses to strength, con, natural armor, and reductions to dex. It scales as follows roughly, each level replacing the previous bonuses;

@ level 5; +2 to str and +2 natural armor.
@level 10; +4 str, +2 con, -2 dex, +5 natural armor.
@level 15; +6 str, +2 con, -4 dex, +8 natural armor.
@level 20; +8 str, +4 con, -6 dex. +11 natural armor.

For a alchemist, this archtype removes bomb and throw anything.
For a fighter, remove weapon mastery, and bonus feats at 1, 6, 12, and 18.
For a Oracle, revelations effective class level is reduced by 2, and remove the 3rd, 11th, 19th, and final revelations.
etc.

I can mention more of the things the archtype replaces, but I'm not entirely sure how much I can post from that book.

exelsisxax
2016-12-29, 10:51 PM
Replacing Mission and some Convictions is probably going to be the majority of changes. Most other features are critical for the zealot's role, giving up Zeal, martyrdom, or the collective is pointless because you stop being a zealot.

soulsabre345
2016-12-30, 01:29 AM
Personally, I was thinking half the convictions (the ones at 6 and 14). remove half of the points where you get more pp per level (At 4, 8, 11, 14, 18 you get an additional pp per level. Change that to at 4, 11, and 18. Also, potentially make you receive bonus pp as if your ML was two lower). And alter missions to gain the focus at 5, and the augment at 10. Maybe something else, perhaps reducing collective range? I'm not sure about removing the mission, since that still is a fair bit of the zealot, and I'm not sure that hero is giving quite enough to replace what a mission grants.