PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Some Spells I Made Up

Altrunchen
2016-12-30, 01:29 AM
Introduction:
I made these on a whim when I was trying to invent some spells. Do you guys think they are balanced? I'm not sure that they are.

The Useless Spell
[Universal]

Level:
Sor/Wiz 0

Components:
V, S, M

Casting Time:
1 standard action

Range:
See text

Target:
See text

Duration:
Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
No

Spell Resistance:
No

This magical spell does absolutely nothing.
Material Component: Absolutely nothing.

The REALLY Useless Spell
[Universal]

Level:
Sor/Wiz 9

Components:
V, S, M

Casting Time:
1 standard action

Range:
See text

Target:
See text

Duration:
Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
No

Spell Resistance:
No

This magical spell STILL does absolutely nothing.
Material Component: A lot of absolutely nothing.

The Useless Spell, Mass
[Universal]

Level:
Sor/Wiz 1

Components:
V, S, M

Casting Time:
1 standard action

Range:
See text

Target:
See text

Duration:
Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
No

Spell Resistance:
No

This magical spell does absolutely nothing to a lot of people.
Material Component: A pinch of absolutely nothing.

Waste Magic
[Universal]

Level:
Sor/Wiz 1

Components:
V, S, M

Casting Time:
1 standard action

Range:
See text

Target:
See text

Duration:
Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
No

Spell Resistance:
No

This spell uses up all the magic that the caster has remaining for that day. It exists only to waste magic. It has no other function.

In all seriousness I think these could make for a good laugh or two around the table come session-time. ;)

In fact I'm interested to see/hear if anyone can find a way to incorporate these into a game. Given how absurd they are.

Jormengand
2016-12-30, 11:25 AM
Waste Magic could be useful if you use Imbue With Spell Ability + Command.

The mass useless spell is probably usable with some kind of metamagic. Because it can target "A lot of people", seemingly without regard for how many of those people there are or where, for example, it can be used with Coercive Spell to give any number of creatures a -2 penalty on will saves for three rounds.

More involved is to cast blistering energy substitution (fire) the mass useless spell, which is a second-level spell which staggers any number of commoners anywhere. Alternatively, clawed the mass useless spell deals 1d6 points of force damage per five caster levels to each creature it targets, which is any number of creatures in any locations so long as they are "A lot of creatures". Adding Fell Animate... well...

The Fell Animate Clawed Mass Useless Spell
Level: Sor/Wiz 4 [Force] [Evil]
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action.
Range: See text
Target: See text
Duration: Instantaneous and permanent
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell deals 1d6 points of damage per 5 levels to each of a lot of creatures. Each of those creatures who is killed in this way rises as a zombie under your control.

Fair. And. Balanced. :smalltongue:

Altrunchen
2016-12-30, 01:32 PM
Waste Magic could be useful if you use Imbue With Spell Ability + Command.

The mass useless spell is probably usable with some kind of metamagic. Because it can target "A lot of people", seemingly without regard for how many of those people there are or where, for example, it can be used with Coercive Spell to give any number of creatures a -2 penalty on will saves for three rounds.

More involved is to cast blistering energy substitution (fire) the mass useless spell, which is a second-level spell which staggers any number of commoners anywhere. Alternatively, clawed the mass useless spell deals 1d6 points of force damage per five caster levels to each creature it targets, which is any number of creatures in any locations so long as they are "A lot of creatures". Adding Fell Animate... well...

The Fell Animate Clawed Mass Useless Spell
Level: Sor/Wiz 4 [Force] [Evil]
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action.
Range: See text
Target: See text
Duration: Instantaneous and permanent
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell deals 1d6 points of damage per 5 levels to each of a lot of creatures. Each of those creatures who is killed in this way rises as a zombie under your control.

Fair. And. Balanced. :smalltongue:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/cd814c5a4bdfa47501126deb9b00ac03/tumblr_inline_o3oj27eMDC1ry65dg_500.gif

Amazing dude. Just amazing.

Xzoltar
2016-12-30, 11:14 PM
Clever use of spell that look useless