PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Question?

D&DPrinceTandem
2016-12-30, 10:50 PM
i have a few questions, I'm posting them here because of follow up questions. so here i go.

1) Can a Kobold with the Dragonwrought feat qualify for the Xorvintaal dragon template?

2)if answer 1 is yes, said Kobold is a druid/ranger/paladin/sorserer/wizard/eduite can it give its animal companion/mount/familiar/psi crystal as the xorvintaal exarch template?

3) sense a Dragon wrought kobold has a longer life span does this mean that its age to become a great wyrm increases as well or no?

what this character build is planned to be.
Speacal rules: +3 la and Cr byoff automatically, gesalted, gesalt prestige.

Dragonwrought Kobold xorvintaal(3 extra powers), Riddled, Wandering, dragon

Dragonfire adept/Eduite5, Thrallherd/Beast heart adept 10, Ectoplasmic adept/Dungeon lord5

xorvintaal abilities(in order)
Rejuvenation (entering)
Recall Exarch (age1)
Deep Breath (age2)
Twist of Fate (age3)
Dragon eyes (good player)
Alternate Form*2 (really good player)

Kelb_Panthera
2016-12-30, 11:09 PM
1) Depends on whether your DM buys the argument that DW kobolds are true dragons. The community is not in agreement on this so you're not going to get a clear answer.

2) Quote: “Xorvintaal exarch” is an ac-quired template that can be added to any human-oid, living construct, monstrous human-oid, fey, giant, or undead.

If your companion creature is one of these types, you're good. Do, however, note that Xorvintaal dragons explicitly cannot cast spells, period. Becoming one from a wizard, cleric, or other dedicated casting class leaves you almost none of your class based abiity.

3) I don't have races of the dragon in front of me but I would imagine so.

WhamBamSam
2016-12-30, 11:16 PM
1) Maybe, but probably not. If a Dragonwrought Kobold is a True Dragon it can become a Xorvintaal Dragon.

2) Yes, if the creature in question is a valid candidate for the Xorvintaal Exarch template, but the Xorvintaal Dragon template would remove all of your spellcasting capabilities.

3) Assuming a Dragonwrought Kobold can take the Xorvintaal Dragon template (see 1), then your garden variety Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold is a Great Wyrm per the table of Dragon age categories for kobolds in Races of the Dragon.