PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder half dragon breath weapon

Mage keeper
2016-12-31, 05:02 AM
i have a question about the half dragon breath weapon: since it's based on ratial hit dice, did nyone know a race with a lot of hit dice that look mostly humanoid?

Crake
2016-12-31, 05:34 AM
i have a question about the half dragon breath weapon: since it's based on ratial hit dice, did nyone know a race with a lot of hit dice that look mostly humanoid?

Giants? Or did you want something medium sized? If so, then have a look at some fey, verdant prince and frostwind virago are medium fey with a large chunk of HD, 16 for the verdant prince (base CR11) and 30 for the frostwind (base CR17).

Edit: Just noticed the pathfinder tag (swear that wasn't there before) but those are 3.5 monsters. If you're the DM, shouldn't be an issue though, but if you're not, then... well :smallfrown:

GrayDeath
2016-12-31, 05:42 AM
If the ARG is on the table, use it to build your own race.
it has Options for fully monstrous things as well, but focusses on regular stuff.

Maybe take any X Hitdie Race listed therein (or any of the monster books) and rebuild to maximum profit. This is especially good if you are the DM . The Monster Creation Rules are your friend as well.

If you are the player/ARG is not on the table: I`d opt for a Giant of some Sort. The Halfdragon Giantness alone rocks fluffwise.