PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Slots

Jewish_Joke
2007-07-17, 10:32 PM
In Dungeon Magazine #149 The Mage Iggwilv is listed as having two magic items that specifically say they do not use up slots on the body:

a ring of djinni calling (does not use a ring slot) and a

ring of freedom of movement (does not use a ring slot)

After scouring through the DMG and MIC, I could not find for the life of me the source of these items. I also took note of the fact that the stat block contained no feats that would allow such a thing. Is this possible by the RAW? Is it an additional cost to do so? Source please?

Alleine
2007-07-17, 10:34 PM
The artificers from Eberron can take a feat for wearing 4 rings and using all four simultaneously.

Douglas
2007-07-17, 10:58 PM
It's in the pricing guidelines that making an item slotless doubles the price. These are, however, guidelines, so be certain to check with your DM before using them.

Aquillion
2007-07-18, 01:54 AM
The ring of Djinn calling I can understand being slotless--it's basically a charged item, isn't it? Not a continuous effect. So there's no real reason it should take up a slot.

But the ring of freedom of movement? Not so much. That's a pretty major advantage to get without giving up a slot for it... I wonder what they were thinking?

Kurald Galain
2007-07-18, 06:29 AM
The artificers from Eberron can take a feat for wearing 4 rings and using all four simultaneously.

Means you can put them on your toes as well.
I suppose with an additional feat you could do five rings... er... never mind.