PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Kensai build

Spacehamster
2016-12-31, 08:21 AM
My bugbear Kensai that at the moment is level 6 with 1 level fighter(mariner style) and 5 Kensai,
we are doing DM + only 2 players so we start with awesome stats and a free feat, my stats after an ASI with +2 agi is:
18/20/18/14/18/16 and the free feat is mobile. He fights with a great sword using the clarified rule that you can use martial arts
and flurry while wielding a kensai weapon.

Know I want 12 levels Kensai but not sure with the remaining 7 free levels, were thinking 3 levels Assassin, 4 Battlemaster and 1 level
cleric(either tempest, knowledge or war not sure). Knowledge would be good for making him more well rounded skill-wise, tempest would
give me a decent reaction to use couple of times and war would give me the +1d4 on attacks spell(dun remember name).

Question is, which order should I take remaing levels and do you guys have any even better classes for the 7 "open" levels?

Arcangel4774
2016-12-31, 11:03 AM
You might consider some revised ranger. 2 people alone begs for an ally, and beast masters coordinated attack means you won't be taking 2 extra attacks. This could allow you to go all the way to 6/7 for greater favored enemy/beast's defense.

On tbe other hand taking 3 in deep stalker works well with 3 assassin and bugbear for that round one damage. Take the last in fighter for action surge or wherever else seems necessary.

Spacehamster
2016-12-31, 12:18 PM
You might consider some revised ranger. 2 people alone begs for an ally, and beast masters coordinated attack means you won't be taking 2 extra attacks. This could allow you to go all the way to 6/7 for greater favored enemy/beast's defense.

On tbe other hand taking 3 in deep stalker works well with 3 assassin and bugbear for that round one damage. Take the last in fighter for action surge or wherever else seems necessary.

Other player is revised Beastmaster with crossbow expert + sharpshooter so ranger is out the window I am afraid. :)