PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Abberant Blood + Deepspawn: Do the Grapple Bonuses Stack?

Pleh
2016-12-31, 12:41 PM
All from Lords of Madness.

Abberant Blood lets you select Flexible Limbs to gain +2 racial bonus to grapple.

Deepspawn requires Abberant Blood and another Abberant feat, then grants 2 tentacles for natural weapons AND grants another +2 racial bonus to grapple.

Do they stack? That is, do Racial Bonuses stack? A quick google search seemed to give me mixed results, some saying "no" for 3.0 edition, others "yes" for PF.

The game I'm building for is 3.5. It seems a bit silly that one feat that requires another feat would grant bonuses that don't stack with each other. I'd imagine having flexible limbs and an extra pair of tentacles would give you a natural edge over just having either one in a real scenario.

nyjastul69
2016-12-31, 12:54 PM
Yes, racial bonuses stack in 3.5.

Originally posted by the SRD

Bonus Types
Usually, a bonus has a type that indicates how the spell grants the bonus. The important aspect of bonus types is that two bonuses of the same type don’t generally stack. With the exception of dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses, and racial bonuses, only the better bonus works (see Combining Magical Effects, below). The same principle applies to penalties—a character taking two or more penalties of the same type applies only the worst one.