PDA

View Full Version : Book of Iron Might

Amphimir Míriel
2007-07-17, 10:49 PM
Has anybody tried this book? is it good?

I am looking at it as a way to enhance melee characters without having to resort to giving them "spells" like Tome of Battle does.

Does this help? I mean, I know nothing can beat Batman or CoDzilla, and I don't necessarily want to change that, but I want to add some "spark" that makes playing fighters more fun to play.

So, is this a good book to buy, or should I get some other?

Diggorian
2007-07-17, 10:54 PM
IIRC, It shows how to make special effects like those in ToB. So it might not be up your alley.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-07-18, 12:17 AM
IIRC, It shows how to make special effects like those in ToB. So it might not be up your alley.

Dont get me wrong, I am not against Tome of Battle or combat maneovers, in fact, maneouvers is what Im looking for!

I just want to give the SRD melee classes new tools, instead of having new "classes with powers" replace them!

Diggorian
2007-07-18, 12:44 AM
Then get it, cause it shows how to make special effects like those in ToB. :smallbiggrin:

It basically gives examples of combat effects (like blinding opponents for a while or giving them short lived penalties) and shows ya how to balance them, usually with an attack penalty. With these basics you can extrapolate further.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-07-18, 10:50 AM
Then get it, cause it shows how to make special effects like those in ToB. :smallbiggrin:

It basically gives examples of combat effects (like blinding opponents for a while or giving them short lived penalties) and shows ya how to balance them, usually with an attack penalty. With these basics you can extrapolate further.

Thanks Diggorian, that was exactly what the doctor ordered!

I'll be buying the PDF and will let you guys know of my experiences.

Diggorian
2007-07-18, 11:20 AM
No problem. Good luck.