PDA

View Full Version : Set 'em up, and knock 'em down.

Clopin Silk
2016-12-31, 04:58 PM
For this thread, I want people to come up with two-player tag-teams, where the first sets the enemy up (makes them somehow vulnerable, so that they're an easy target), and the second knocks them down (hits like a freight train). But here's the rub; only one of them is allowed to be a magic user. That's right, no doubling up on wizards here; because honestly, where's the fun in that? It'd just be... easy. I'll be interested to see what you come up with, and this is working with 3.5.

Vizzerdrix
2016-12-31, 05:16 PM
A giant were giant octopus grappler and a tibbit stoneblessed goliath barbarian beat stick. Would that work? Or did you want full builds? Im feeling too lazy to do full builds atm.

Clopin Silk
2016-12-31, 05:33 PM
A giant were giant octopus grappler and a tibbit stoneblessed goliath barbarian beat stick. Would that work? Or did you want full builds? Im feeling too lazy to do full builds atm.

Hey buddy, whatever you feel like posting is enough. Also, bonus points for doing it without any magic users, and bonus bonus points for 'giant were octopus'.

digiman619
2016-12-31, 05:37 PM
If you don't mind Pathfinder, there's an entire array of teamwork feats (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/teamwork-feats)...

Jack_McSnatch
2016-12-31, 05:48 PM
Caster killer tag team. Spellthief/Stalwart battle sorc teleports behind the enemy, at the same time his companion, a lion totem whirling frenzy barbarian/scout/noncasting ranger/occult slayer charges. Both are two weapon fighters. The barbarian is using leap attack and has favoured enemy arcanists. The spellthief is a tripper and makes an effort to steal as many spells as possible.

Tohsaka Rin
2016-12-31, 06:12 PM
Whatever spells allow you to create walls, or reshape terrain + Tag partner with Dungeoncrasher.

Open field? Not a problem.

Heck, even a Feather Token (Tree) would do the trick.

danielxcutter
2016-12-31, 06:29 PM
Whatever spells allow you to create walls, or reshape terrain + Tag partner with Dungeoncrasher.

Open field? Not a problem.

Heck, even a Feather Token (Tree) would do the trick.

Aww, I should have thought of that.

I do have an idea though. I think there was a feat chain that used AoOs to trip targets, and I'm pretty sure there was a spell called Bigby's Slapping Hand that made the target provoke AoOs... You can probably guess where I'm going with this.

CharonsHelper
2016-12-31, 08:04 PM
What level?

A pretty standard method would be either -

1. Debuffing caster combined with a high offense martial with pounce or some variant thereof. (In Pathfinder a beast totem barbarian or Unchained Monk with Flying Kick would fit the bill.) The caster could also separate them with Wall of Stone (one of the most underrated spells for splitting foes) or will layers of illusions. (At mid-high levels - you could go with the maze of illusionary walls, and then layer a Silent Image on top of them of them not existing, dropping the Silent Image with a readied action when the PCs are most split up. Note: each illusionary wall has to be saved against seperately. Plus - mix in just enough real walls & pit traps which are also covered by illusionary walls to keep them guessing)

2. A massive trip master (Ex: Enlarged Minotaur) combined with a blaster caster. Make the trip master a half-dragon and have the blaster use the element which they are immune to. The blaster could be a kinetiscist in Patfhinder - making no need for a true caster at all.