PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF - I Need Glue!

unseenmage
2017-01-01, 02:30 AM
Or more precisely I am trying to stick Technology Grenades to my enemies so they can't throw them back at me.

All PF allowed, no 3rd party, no minionmancy. Game is Iron Gods tech everywhere and technology, alchemy, firearms, and clockworks cost one-tenth what they normally do. Think Mad Max meets space age Pathfinder. My character is a GunMagus.

I am currently using Ion Tape to stick Tanglefoot Bags to Grenades them priming the Grenade then throwing the Tanglefoot Bag at the enemy.
I am looking for a more streamlined or cheaper method.

I know of Bone Paste, Ion Tape, Sovereign Glue, common string, Tanglefoot and Tangleburn Bags...
But that's it I think. Any other ideas?
Is there a spell that does what I want?

Arutema
2017-01-01, 12:55 PM
Honestly, what you want is a proper grenade launcher (technology guide page 24) so they detonate on contact.

unseenmage
2017-01-01, 01:35 PM
Honestly, what you want is a proper grenade launcher (technology guide page 24) so they detonate on contact.

Too low a level for that at the moment. Also just found the Magus spell Glue Seal so that helps too. Hopefully.

Topaz
2017-01-04, 01:44 AM
Alternate approaches:
Use Mage Hand to hold the grenade 10' above the target.
Use Disguise Weapon to disguise the grenade as a throwing dagger. The target will think you just missed badly.
Have your buddy throw the grenade next to the target, then cast Returning Weapon on it. :smallbiggrin:
Convince your DM that grenades thrown with the Stone Throwing spell are similar to launched grenades and will explode on impact.
(I was considering uses of Unseen Servant but even I don't think it will work).

Disclaimer: I'm running Iron Gods myself, so I may have gotten more amusement out of the Hot Potato Grenade Syndrome than is at all seemly.

unseenmage
2017-01-04, 02:16 AM

Disclaimer: I'm running Iron Gods myself, so I may have gotten more amusement out of the Hot Potato Grenade Syndrome than is at all seemly.

In that case check out my extended sig for the 'Combining Mundane Items and New Tech Grenades' thread. My GM and I have been having a blast ironing out some new tech for Numeria.

Also of interest is the Clockwork Spacewhales thread. It's a cross between my research notes and a campaign journal.

unseenmage
2017-01-06, 02:51 PM
Is there any way a Magus can cast Glue Seal as a swift or immediate action?

Topaz
2017-01-06, 07:23 PM
Is there any way a Magus can cast Glue Seal as a swift or immediate action?

The easiest way I know is a Lesser Metamagic Quicken Rod, but that's expensive (and takes a hand).

Calthropstu
2017-01-06, 07:35 PM
Place sovereign glue on it before you throw.