PDA

View Full Version : Best Maneuvers for a Swordsage?

skywalker
2007-07-18, 01:35 AM
I'm looking for input on maneuvers for swordsages. My character has recently become the party's main combatant, so that probably changes what would normally be used. My DM is allowing me to change my list mid-dungeon due to the barbarian dropping out of the game. What's recommended?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that it's a level 5 swordsage, current maneuvers are:
Fire Riposte
Zephyr Dance
Wind Stride
Insightful Strike
Mind Over Body
Devastating Throw
Strength Draining Strike
Sudden Leap &
Claw at the Moon

Stances:
Step of the Wind
Hunter's Sense
Assassin's Stance

Equipment is a +1 rapier, a mithral chain shirt, a cloak of resistance +1, and that's about it.

Hunter Noventa
2007-07-18, 02:01 AM
What manuvers do you currently have?

What sort of equipment? Stats?

I've planned plenty of martial adepts, but I'll need to know what you have to work with to maximize your melee abilities.

Inyssius Tor
2007-07-18, 02:03 AM
What (basically) do you want to do? I assume that keeping enemies away from your squishy comrades is a top priority, but...

skywalker
2007-07-18, 02:10 AM
See original post for equipment(it's late, the ol' noggin's not working too well...)

As for stats, 16s across the board except for CHA, which is a 12(I wouldn't think that matters...)

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-07-18, 05:37 AM
Race, feats, what you are trying to accomplish (DPS, battfield control, tanking)?

PinkysBrain
2007-07-18, 09:53 AM
Burning blade + flashing sun or burning blade + wolf fang strike are good low level combos (burning blade's bonus damage progresses with initiator level, so it remains a good way of augmenting full attacks).

Arbitrarity
2007-07-18, 10:03 AM
Wow, equivalent of 52 point buy:smalleek:

Nice part about Tome Of Battle is that most any path can be optimized, none are really, staggeringly powerful (though some builds are) compared to each other. Now: You have 10 manuvers, and one switch up, and you need to become primary melee combatant. Warblade is better for this sort of job, but you're a swordsage.

What sort of style are you looking for?

Dausuul
2007-07-18, 10:14 AM
I'm looking for input on maneuvers for swordsages. My character has recently become the party's main combatant, so that probably changes what would normally be used. My DM is allowing me to change my list mid-dungeon due to the barbarian dropping out of the game. What's recommended?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that it's a level 5 swordsage, current maneuvers are:
Fire Riposte
Zephyr Dance
Wind Stride
Insightful Strike
Mind Over Body
Devastating Throw
Strength Draining Strike
Sudden Leap &
Claw at the Moon

Stances:
Step of the Wind
Hunter's Sense
Assassin's Stance

Equipment is a +1 rapier, a mithral chain shirt, a cloak of resistance +1, and that's about it.

I recommend Shadow Jaunt for any swordsage (or Shadow Stride when you hit 9th). The ability to teleport 50 feet as often as you want per day is huge.

Burning Blade is also a great one because it's a boost, so you can stack it with strikes.