PDA

View Full Version : DM Help RHD vs. Commoner/Aristocrat/Fighter, ecetera

Schattenbach
2017-01-01, 04:19 PM
I'm currently looking for some suiteable option for players in DnD 3.5 game setups where everyone starts with at least LA+4 (which will end up being more or less free, as far as combat EXP calculation is concerned, I guess)... as well as up to four additional ECL that can be either more LA ... to allow for things like Vampire Lord ... or RHD.

To give everyone some more options, I'm currently considering to also allow NPC classes (or quasi NPC classes) for cases where things would get annoying what with filling up those additional 4 ECL despite some particular race not providing any RHD (and/or stacking even more templates on top of the race would seem messy ... or not in any way worth it, as it is often the case for pretty much any build).

So ... my question in that regard is ... which classes (especially NPC classes) or class variants are still more or less comparable to the better (or worse ... as most RHD cannot measure up to those of Dragons or Outsiders) RHD? Moreover ... which classes could be deemed suiteable (from roleplay point of view in terms of being sufficiently generic) to replace RHD (Commoner is obviously one of the typical cases ... though Commoners suck in general)?