PDA

View Full Version : Master of Nine, maneuvers known

Braininthejar2
2017-01-01, 06:01 PM
A Master on Nine prestige class adds maneuvers known/readied each level.

What happens if (as is common for the class) the character is a multiclass martial adept?

Are the maneuvers known added to one of his classes or both?

Are both his classes improved with extra maneuvers readied?

If he has to choose one, does he have to be consistent, or can he choose differently each level?

Ludic
2017-01-01, 06:06 PM
Page 96 of ToB says known/readied add to what you know from your martial adept classes. Mo9 however, lets you pick from any style regardless of restrictions. If you have more than one martial adept procression (Swordsage/Warblade/Mo9) you must pick which they progress.

Stances are picked from what is availible to the PrC (Mo9 is all).

Recovery says the same.

Braininthejar2
2017-01-01, 06:13 PM
So, at each level I should pick one of my base classes, and that class gets the extra moves known/readied?

Ludic
2017-01-01, 06:19 PM
So, at each level I should pick one of my base classes, and that class gets the extra moves known/readied?

That is how I read it yes. Stances are the only thing that belong solely to the PrC. Normally you'd only be able to pick the maneuvers from styles available to that adept class you're advancing, but Mo9 says they can be from any style. So your only concern is the recovery method for that class, since they'll inherit that.

Darrin
2017-01-01, 09:49 PM
Are the maneuvers known added to one of his classes or both?

Just one. You have to pick which base class is gaining the known or readied maneuver.

Are both his classes improved with extra maneuvers readied?

No. Just the one you pick.

If he has to choose one, does he have to be consistent, or can he choose differently each level?

He can choose a different one at each level.

You may run into an argument if you want to add known maneuvers to a base class but add a readied maneuver to a different base class. By RAW, this is possible, as the text describes this as two distinctly different processes. This is the basis for some variations of the Idiot Crusader build. However, since this allows you to ready the same maneuvers every round (such as White Raven Tactics), many DMs will restrict or outright ban this. Make sure you and the DM agree on how this works.