PDA

View Full Version : [IC] RFLS' Red Hand of Doom

RFLS
2017-01-01, 10:09 PM
The Red Hand of Doom

The afternoon sun beats down upon you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin's Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's a settlement hard on the borders of both the Witchwood and the Wyrmsmoke Mountains; a last barrier of civilization.

You crest the final rolling hill between yourselves and the town. An abandoned farm lies ahead on the left, and a copse of trees to the right. A few of you take a moment to gaze ahead, or perhaps drink sparingly from your water flasks.

DracoknightZero
2017-01-02, 02:10 AM
"And we just have to traverse over this hill and we will finaly arrive at Drellin', make sure you still have all of your belongings for we are not turning back now" Willhelm grins at his bad joke as he take note of the abandoned farm, and his expression takes a serious tone. "Keep your wits about you. Some of the unsavory sort likes to make ambushes close to cities, people begin to relax then, and most likely exhausted as they try to hustle the last mile"

Perception Roll: [roll0]

Frosty
2017-01-02, 02:54 AM
Junviette d'Edme

The blonde-haired half-elf looks up briefly at the sky, using her hands to shield her eyes from the sweltering sun. "Where are you, Hamalah junior? We're close to the town and you should've returned from scouting by now..." She brings one of her treasures to her lips. It is a plain-looking wooden tankard, and empty currently. "Rethe..." With that command world, the tankard fills up with a golden-colored light beer, frothing and cold. She gulps it down with a satisfied sound. She turns to the rest of the group, "We're almost at the village. Let's make it there safe and sound and then see if the locals there can give us any reports of trouble in the area."

Hamalah Jr, from high up, scans for danger.
Earlier in the day, Junviette had cast (Extended) Mage Armor (using metamagic rod) on Hamalah Jr.
About an hour ago, Junviette cast (Extended) Unfetter (using rod again) on Hamalah Jr, so Hamalah Hr can go scouting afar. Hamalah Jr generally stays several hundred feet in the air, and is on the lookout for trouble as she flies ahead of the group.

Hamalah Jr Perception: [roll0]

ManWithDoor
2017-01-02, 12:28 PM
Edward glares at the empty farmstead. "Abandoned, this close to town. That does not bode well. If they can't protect peasants there, what hope do the rest have on the outskirts?" He shakes his head sadly, then straightens his light clothing. "Well, I suppose that's what we're here for. If everything was perfect and peaceful, I certainly wouldn't have been sent here."

Perception at a +3, so not bothering. :P You observant individuals will just have to do.

ProudGrognard
2017-01-02, 12:59 PM
Velis

Velis has spent the ride in silence, but his lips kept on moving. He seems to whispering something in Celestial, for hours at an end. It is not that he is unresponsive or indifferent. He offered his opinion and always took his share of chores and more. But every other moment, he seems to be reciting something.

Deus caelum eripe animam meam salvum me fac tueri innocentem..

But he eyes scan the perimeter constantly. Finally, he addresses the others.

"Could be just a stead long abandoned. Sometimes lands lose their fertility. "

Perception [roll0]

ManWithDoor
2017-01-04, 06:16 PM
Edwards nods slowly. "Good point, can't make assumptions. We can't know more until we get to town and start asking around." He looks back at the half-elf. "Junviette, your companion notice anything special from up there? He's got the best view out of all of us."

Frosty
2017-01-04, 08:49 PM
Junviette shrugs. "Hamalah Jr will give me a mental shout if she sees something interesting. The good thing is, no matter how far ahead she is to scout, out mental bond never gets broken."

RFLS
2017-01-05, 04:21 PM
From up above, Hamalah spots movement in the treeline to your right. A few humanoid creatures are lurking behind the trees.

You spot a brief movement from the doorless frame in the abandoned farmhouse, but nothing distinct.

DracoknightZero
2017-01-05, 04:48 PM
Willhelm raises a hand "Hold on i thought i saw some movement in the doorway, keep your eyes peeled. Miss Junviette, has your companion spotted something?" he draws his bow and shouts out: "Who is there?"

Frosty
2017-01-05, 09:14 PM
Junviette listens as Hamalah Jr. reports, via telepathy to the half-elf, "Hidden humanoids hiding behind tHe rightward tree line. Ambush likely. I'm prepared for an attack run."

Junviette warns her newfound companions, "Report received. Several figures hidden behind the trees to our right. I don't think this is a coincidence!"

With that, the half-elf pre-emptively casts a defensive spell in case a fight breaks out.

Cast Shield for +4 AC. Total ac now 19.

ProudGrognard
2017-01-06, 02:05 AM
Veris, AC 21, HP 44

Veris stops and looks around. His soft voice is heard again.

"I cannot see them. Point me to their direction. I will go and deal with them."

As he talks, he takes out a wand and with a prayer, tries to activate it.

OOC
UMD for the Shield wand, unless someone wants to help :smallsmile:
[roll0]

EDIT: Dud

ManWithDoor
2017-01-06, 12:28 PM
Edward just smirks, and casts his own defensive spells. He is more than ready for battle. His blood sings for it.

Cast "Mage Armor" on self. AC now 16.

BarbieTheRPG
2017-01-09, 04:03 PM
Striding outside the farmhouse he found for shelter, Rez studies the strangers thinking to himself, "Travelers. To what though?"

The Mwangi warrior clad from head to toe in dusty chain armor, an inhuman skull-like helm upon his head, stalks out into the falling sun of the day,

"Ho! Wayfarers! Whereto and what for do you travel? This nearby town perhaps? I found shelter here last night drawing near but keeping my space til the day. Day like this but with unexpected company. I am Rez of Mgwani, the land of 10,000 kingdoms of 10,000 gods dreaming 10,000 dreams. My people are the children of a great people before them and the sire of a great people yet to come. I mean you no harm, if harm is not your intention. But if you mean danger, you've found a devil that consumes the strong souls of wicked men. How do you?"

Rez's right hand came to rest on his main sword hilt as he eyed the strange company ....

RFLS
2017-01-11, 12:41 AM
The figures retreat deeper into the treeline as Rez speaks. As if in answer to his question, before the party can even reply, an arrow flies from the trees, striking the ground in front of the travelers' feet.

Roll initiative in the OoC.

BarbieTheRPG
2017-01-13, 06:35 PM
Rez's helmeted head snaps in the direction where the arrow probably launched from, "DEVILS!" The tall warrior is charging towards the threat he can't yet see as he unsheaths his longsword and begins a low, bestial howl that builds with each stride into a loud, raging roar more animalistic than human!

RFLS
2017-01-14, 05:01 PM
Swiftly after the first arrow, a volley follows it, peppering amongst the party.

If the attack hits your AC, take the damage. Otherwise ignore it.

[roll[1d8+1

[roll[1d8+1

[roll[1d8+1

[roll[1d8+1

[roll[1d8+1

DracoknightZero
2017-01-14, 07:13 PM
"SEEK COVER" Willhelm screamed as his eyes narrowed and his facial features grew more wild. "Take down the ones with bows first unless you see any spellcasters!" Then Willhelm let loose two arrows onto the closest enemy behind the least cover. After firing off his arrows Willhelm let loose a "HYAH" and kick Argentum into movement towards the closest cover he can find, the white stallion seem to grow more sturdy as it kicks off.

Swift Action: Animal Focus of the Tiger on Willhelm, Argentum takes on the Focus of the Bear. Gaining Willhelm +2 Dex and Argentum +2 Con

Willhelm Full-Attack Action: Rapid Shot with a -2 penalty on 2 attacks. (+1 to hit if any of the targets are within 30ft )
[roll0]
[roll1]

If they hit: Damage rolls: (+1 Damage if any of the targets are within 30ft)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Argetum uses its own move action to move closer to cover.

BarbieTheRPG
2017-01-14, 07:52 PM
Two arrows 'clank!' off Rez's raised shield as the warrior finds the nearest cover while scanning the treeline for where the snipers might be .....

ManWithDoor
2017-01-15, 11:03 PM
Despite his martial nature, Edward isn't that keen of eye. He squints at the treeline, not really sure where the arrows originated. "I need a spotter! I don't want to have to burn down an entire forest to deal with some bandits. Anybody see where they are?" In the meantime he summons another force shield around himself to deflect the arrows. No point in being rash.

Cast 'Shield' on myself. AC will now be 20.

RFLS
2017-01-16, 06:47 PM
"SEEK COVER" Willhelm screamed as his eyes narrowed and his facial features grew more wild. "Take down the ones with bows first unless you see any spellcasters!" Then Willhelm let loose two arrows onto the closest enemy behind the least cover. After firing off his arrows Willhelm let loose a "HYAH" and kick Argentum into movement towards the closest cover he can find, the white stallion seem to grow more sturdy as it kicks off.

Swift Action: Animal Focus of the Tiger on Willhelm, Argentum takes on the Focus of the Bear. Gaining Willhelm +2 Dex and Argentum +2 Con

Willhelm Full-Attack Action: Rapid Shot with a -2 penalty on 2 attacks. (+1 to hit if any of the targets are within 30ft )
[roll0]
[roll1]

If they hit: Damage rolls: (+1 Damage if any of the targets are within 30ft)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Argetum uses its own move action to move closer to cover.

Both arrows find their mark in one of the closer figures; he staggers back but doesn't go down. You're close enough to pick out facial features - green-brown skin, pointed ears, sharp teeth, and what looks like a permanent sneer - hobgoblins.

You make the doorway of the house, and see two hobgoblins standing within. One of them is drawing two daggers, the other promptly disappears.

Frosty
2017-01-17, 01:55 AM
Junviette: <HP> 38/38; <AC> 20 (5 armor, 1 dex, 4 shield); <Saves> 4/3/7
Hamalah: <HP> 36/36; <AC> 27 (4 armor, 3 dex, 10 Natural); <Saves> 6/7/1

Junviette telepathically communicates with her dragon friend. "Hamalah, NOW!" With that, Hamalah Jr. swoops downwards, fangs bared and talons ready! Hamalah aims for one of the archers from the closer group, and with a roar, TEARS into him with fang and claw!

Once Hamalah has dived down, Junviette takes the opportunity to apply a quickening magic to her and her allies! Having eviscerated her opponent, Hamalah Jr. ROARS as only a dragon could! Even if this does not inspire supernatural fear in her enemies, it will put them on notice.

Hamalah CHARGES the nearest Archer and pounces for a full-attack.
Bite (+2 Charge): [roll0]
Crit confirm (if needed): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Acid damage: [roll3]
Crit extra damage (if needed): [roll4]

Claw1 (+2 Charge): [roll5]
Crit confirm (if needed): [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Acid damage: [roll8]
Crit extra damage (if needed): [roll9]

Claw2 (+2 Charge): [roll10]
Crit confirm (if needed): [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]
Acid damage: [roll13]
Crit extra damage (if needed): [roll14]

Wait for Hamalah Jr to pounce. After that, cast Haste on everyone.

ProudGrognard
2017-01-17, 03:31 PM
Velis (HP:44 AC21)

Velis A' Rius notices the arrows fly past him, but he continues to chant under his breath. Then his eyes adjust, and he sees his enemy at the house. He starts to walk, then run at the house and as he does, his voice can be heard to chant, gaining volume and clarity as he does.

"Et lux in tenebris lucet, infirmis scutum, gladium iusto..."

He swings his enormous sword, aiming at the hobgoblin apparent in the gloom.

Charge and power attack, penalty negated by Furious Focus [roll0] damage [roll1]
IF crit on a roll of 18-20, confirm [roll2] damage [roll3]

BarbieTheRPG
2017-01-17, 03:34 PM
Seeing the others handily-engaging the bushwackers, Rez bolts back to the farmhouse to retrieve his mount!

Double-move.

RFLS
2017-01-19, 09:57 PM
One of the archers falls to Hamalah's fearsome talons! The other hobgoblins, seeing this, retreat into the treeline, taking cover behind the trees.

Almost simultaneously, Velis' falchion takes the head off the hobgoblin he's chosen to engage, the corpse toppling to the floor. Behind him, a four-legged figure, canine in shape and size, is rising from the ground in a ring of flames.

Okay, so, here's what's happened. Velis has removed my second block initiative by killing it. PinkSpray took a double move action. The hobgoblins took cover after Hamalah mauled one of them, and have not fired this round. It is now the rest of the group's turn. I think that sorts out initiative.

DracoknightZero
2017-01-20, 12:44 AM
With a new surge of speed and animalistic viciousness Willhelm pulls and fire off arrows in a flurry at the hobgoblins who havent managed to get proper into cover. And he leads Argentum into cover as his arrows flies into the air.

Target priority: Closest target in the open, Spellcasters in the open, Any target in melee, Spellcasters in cover, another target in cover.

Full round attack: Haste + Rapid Shot
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
+1 if anything is within 30ft

Eventual Crit confirms:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
+1 if anything is within 30ft

Damage Rolls:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
+1 to damage if they are within 30ft

BarbieTheRPG
2017-01-20, 11:43 AM
Rez runs in the farmhouse, leaps onto his mount and charges out headed for the distant group of foes!

His belt gives him Fast Mount automatically. The horse covers 50' per round. Rez wants to spur the mount to move faster (+10' per round) with the Ride skill (+4 bonus from his belt):
DC15 Spur Mount check: [roll0]

ManWithDoor
2017-01-20, 04:02 PM
Edward feels like he should do something to help, since all the others are rushing in and finishing off the hobgoblins. "Um ... I'll summon some Fire. I'm sure that'll help." He rolls an incantation off the tip of his tongue, and a ball of fire danced merrily amongst the monsters.

Cast 'Flaming Sphere'. Medium Range, so I'm sure 150' is more than enough. Target whichever hobgoblin within sight is nearest to the rear. Trying to box them in. DC 20 Reflex Save (for no damage). Otherwise take 3d6+3 Fire. It'll last 5 rounds, and I can move it around with a Move Action each time.

Frosty
2017-01-21, 05:42 AM
Junviette: <HP> 38/38; <AC> 21 (5 armor, 1 dex, 4 shield, +1 Dodge); <Saves> 4/3+1/7; HASTED
Hamalah: <HP> 36/36; <AC> 28 (4 armor, 3 dex, 10 Natural, +1 Dodge); <Saves> 6/7+1/1; HASTED

The enemies having taken cover, there is no clear line of attack. Hamalah Jr. leaves the hound rising from the ring of fire for Velis to handle and chases after the archers. She lands right behind the archers, and roars again, signaling her displeasure before biting at one.

Junviette shouts at the hobgoblins, "If you want to live, you better surrender now while we're in a good mood!" She then idly turns to where the canine is rising, and creates a puddle of grease beneath it, hoping that it'll slip when it fully arrives.

Hamalah MOVES to get a clear line of attack to the hobgoblin archers. Hasted she has 90 fly speed so it should be no problem. Then, BITE the closes one!

Bite (+1 Haste): [roll0]
Crit confirm (if needed): [roll1]
Acid damage: [roll3]
Crit extra damage (if needed): [roll4]

Cast Grease beneath the creature being brought through the ring of flames!

ProudGrognard
2017-01-22, 02:37 AM
Velis HP:44 AC:21

Velis continues to chant as his tries to identify if anyone else is nearby invisible. The hound was obviously summoned. If he does, and he is close by, he attacks him. If not, he takes a small step and attacks the hound of hell.

Perception [roll0]
5ft step and Power attack [roll1] dmg [roll2]
If critical 18-20 [roll3] dmg [roll4]

RFLS
2017-01-25, 10:47 PM
Both of the nearer archers fall; one to Willhelm's arrows and the other to the combination of Edward's fire and Hamalah's teeth.

The hellhound, still not fully formed, takes a massive gash to its flank, but continues appearing in its circle of fire, fury in its eyes. It bites at Velis,

Attack: [roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] fire

The two archers in the distance fire off some arrows at the charging Rez,

Attack: [roll4]
Crit confirm: [roll5]

Damage: [roll6]

Attack: [roll7]
Crit confirm: [roll8]

Damage: [roll9]

BarbieTheRPG
2017-01-26, 01:42 AM
Closing on the hobgoblin archers while shielding himself from their arrows, Rez raises his sword and strikes down repeatedly at the creatures from his steed!

First attack vs. first archer: [roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll1]

Second attack vs. second archer: [roll3]
crit confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Rez's belt allows him to guide and control his mount in combat automatically.

DracoknightZero
2017-01-26, 02:14 AM
Willhelm continues to fire at the archers, kicking Argentum into pursuit as they get out of range.

Fire at the remaining archers, and if they happen to be outside the first range increment of 110ft Argentum will move closer (he got 70ft speed after all)

Attacks: Full-Attack Action with Rapid Shot
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Critical Confirms
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage Rolls
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

+1 To damage and to hit if they happen to be within 30ft.

ManWithDoor
2017-01-26, 04:53 PM
Edward sticks where he is, and makes swiping motions with his hands, moving the swirling ball of flame wherever the enemies really don't want it to go.

Use my actions to move the Flaming Sphere to the next living enemy.

Frosty
2017-01-28, 03:49 AM
Junviette: <HP> 38/38; <AC> 21 (5 armor, 1 dex, 4 shield, +1 Dodge); <Saves> 4/3+1/7; HASTED
Hamalah: <HP> 36/36; <AC> 28 (4 armor, 3 dex, 10 Natural, +1 Dodge); <Saves> 6/7+1/1; HASTED

With the hobgoblins in disarray and their remaining forces crumbling, Junviette sends a quick telepathic suggestion to her boon companion. "Quick, Search mode! Someone invisible was summoning enemies at us. Find it. Keep it alive for questioning."

Then, she tries her hardest to listen for any extra sounds or see other clues that may indicate the presence of an invisible target as well.

Hamalah Jr. starts sniffing the area.

Hamalah starts a patrol pattern, trying to detect anyone invisible. She is aided by Junviette for a possible +2.
Perception: [roll0]

Junviette works with Hamalah Jr. to try to find the invisible enemy.
Perception Aid: [roll1]

ProudGrognard
2017-01-29, 12:51 PM
Velis AC 21 HP 44

Velis looks around, still chanting, but cannot find any signs of any invisible attacker. On the other hand, this hound of hell appeared out of nowhere. He calls out:

"I cannot find him!"

He then feints left and then changes direction in midswing, to hit the Hound again. All the while, his chanting resumes.

"Et visus est Dominus, qui iudicavit, et inventus es minus habens et proiecerunt in ventris inferi"

Atk and PA [roll0] dmg [roll1]
If crit in a roll of 18-20, then [roll2] dmg [roll3]

RFLS
2017-02-05, 12:39 AM
The archers both fall to Willhelm's arrows, with the help of Rez' mighty blows. Velis, meanwhile, handily beheads the hellhound with one swift swing.

Hamalah, unfortunately, finds no sign of their invisible foe.

We can come out of combat order; the invisible foe isn't popping back out any time soon.You're welcome to make a few more Perception checks if you like.

BarbieTheRPG
2017-02-05, 05:32 AM
Rez sheathes his sword, dismounts and begins inspecting the defeated hobgoblins for anything unusual or useful.

DracoknightZero
2017-02-05, 06:40 AM
"Check for surviors!" Willhelm shouted "I will take a treck around and see if there is any stragglers or reinforcements inbound." Then he kicked Argentum into speed and took off in the direction the Hobgoblins came from and does a circle around the area. "HYAH!"

Bow is still drawn, Argentum is running at full speed. With Horseshoes of speed he does 80ft per move action, 160ft on double moves.

Spotting for movement and other hostilities: [roll0]

ProudGrognard
2017-02-05, 09:42 AM
Velis

His opponent dispatched, Veris looks around.

"We should look for clues on what was that about. And there is still an invisible opponent somewhere here."

With that he resumes his slow chanting, as he looks around.

Perception and looting [roll0]

ManWithDoor
2017-02-05, 12:48 PM
The sorcerer clenches his fist firmly, and the ball of flame winks out. "Wouldn't want to accidentally start a forest fire." He joins in on looting the bodies for anything worthwhile. He's not too great at the whole scouting thing. That's what the Eidolon is for.

Frosty
2017-02-16, 09:44 AM
Junviette and Hamalah spend their time listening for hidden figures, but eventually give up. "The enemy knew it was outclassed. Oh well, at least it's one less bandit group to terrify the people around here. Any survivors?"

DracoknightZero
2017-02-16, 04:13 PM
Willhelm returns with a frown. "Found anything on the bodies? Could be that this was a scouting party, but they didnt run off when outclassed" Willhelm dismounts and stare off while he is giving Argentum an apple. "...unless they were desperate, could be that they were remains of a band and lost their supplies to others?" He shakes his head. "Bah! they are mostly dead now and we are not far off the city, we should make it there post haste so dont waste too much time picking through their bodies."

RFLS
2017-02-21, 01:48 AM
Searching the area, you find that the hobgoblins are wearing nothing special; simple swords and bows. However, there is a dead human woman dressed in merchants' clothes in the farmhouse. On her person is a small pouch, containing 300 gp.