PDA

View Full Version : Help me make the most versatile Erudite

Grod_The_Giant
2017-01-02, 12:57 AM
So I'm going to be starting a new 3.5 campaign soon, and it looks like I'm going to be the only real caster. I'd been looking at psionics for variety, but with the revelation that everyone else is building melee or ranged fighter types, my DM encouraged me to Spell-to-Power Erudite. I'm highly interested in adding a pp recharge method, probably Body Fuel/Naberius for its simplicity. (That trick has been approved)

Now, there are a few tweaks. He's not using experience points; instead, I'm going to get one "new power token" per session, and will start with three extra learned powers. Unique powers are x/power level.

So. What's the best way to get as much utility out of the notorious class as possible? Starting level is 6th, all books, flaws allowed but probably not templates. Mild cheese is encouraged-- it'll be a "hard campaign."

So far I'm thinking Ghostwise Halfling Binder 1/Erudite 5, with Mindsight, Body Fuel, Psionic Meditation, and Linked Power as key feats, and Psionic Minor Creation, Alter Self, and Scrying (off the Bard list) for my three learned powers. Suggestions for powers, items, feats, etc? Is there a better way to do this?

Ludic
2017-01-02, 01:13 AM
I would obtain a Psicrystals as they have actual HD, so they have feats, by the RAW. Throw metapsionic feats on the psicrystal. Feat Leech power. Now you never have to spend your precious feats on metapsionic. Alternatively, load it with Martial Study and Martial Stance so your Psicrystal can use White Raven stances to do 60ft aura buffs to your party. Either way, you're doubling your feat pool and providing additional utility through the Psicrystal.

Also, Psicrystals can aide another on concentration checks, a +2 to your concentration from your psicrytasl and another +2 if you take the singe-minded personality on it makes getting your focus easier at lower levels. You can always Psychic Reformation a different trait later on by reforming out Obtain Psicrystal and retaking it when the concentration needs aren't there.

In addition to all the other stuff normal familiars do like deliver touch powers. And as an S2P Erudite, that means Touch Spells to.

Assuming you don't have a lot of healer types either, Empathic Transfer is a super healing power 2d10 healed, but you take half of the healing as damage. So I wouldn't do it without something like Vigor to give you temp HP to eat the transfer damage.

I'm a fan of Psionic Body Shenanigans as well. +2HP per Psionicfeat you have.