PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Rogue Archetype - Saboteur v0.2

Snig
2017-01-02, 12:24 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JfLoc6y7zbT3BSbHRjbExyZW8/view?usp=sharing

Hey guys. I've made some tweaks to my homebrew archetype and i'm looking for some feedback. I've spent a lot of time trying to make it as close to official design as possible. I've tried to use the same mechanics and ruling as found in the DMG and PHB.

Haven't played it as of yet, but I'm trying to finalize it for use. I want to make sure it's not over or underpowered, and as balanced as possible. So feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you like it

Thanks
Snig

Llama513
2017-01-04, 07:20 PM
I really like it and think that it works nicely, just go through and check your spelling, your missing a few letters here and there in words, I would suggest granting them an ability that would allow them to throw an explosive charge and detonate it. I realize it is not the most stealthy tactic, but as a last resort it is good to have an option fo rlots of damage, that and allowing for the crazy bomber play style if one wanted to use that

Snig
2017-01-04, 11:05 PM
Thanks man. I had an alternate version that used bombs, dynamite, and landmines instead of just explosive charges. Bombs were used to throw in combat and caused fire damage. Dynamite was used mainly to deal double damage vs structures, and landmines were used to set up outside of combat.

I just found it complicated things and forced me to choose which ones to bring along after a long rest. I think the "explosive charges" are a better way to handle this particular archetype. I'll look into some sort of feature that allows them to throw in combat instead of setting a charge, but i'm not sure.