PDA

View Full Version : Optimization How to improve the duskblade and when to start

Khaira
2017-01-03, 10:32 AM
Hi!
I'm playing a duskblade for the first time but they I feel they don't improve really fast and its long for them to get good spells...I'm lvl4 with 16/19/14/15/10/8 stats .... I was wondering what I should do next? I thought about going lvl5th to get quickcast and level2 spells... but afterward I would like to get some feats... + continue to improve the spells... I thought about 2lvls of fighter... but I'm not sure because it'll be longer to get stronger spells... but it gives 2 bonus feats the first 2 levels... and HD10...

Thanks for your suggestions!

Inevitability
2017-01-03, 10:56 AM
The duskblade is generally seen as a pretty well-balanced class, somewhere on the weak side of Tier 3/strong side of Tier 4.

Also, have you read the Duskblade Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=525.0)?

Grod_The_Giant
2017-01-03, 11:16 AM
As with most spontaneous casters...go up to 6th level and spend a feat on Touchstone, then duck into Sand Shaper (Sandstorm) for a level or two. Add dozens of new spells to your list, most all of categories that Duskblade don't usually get.

Ieagleroar
2017-01-03, 03:29 PM
Definite check out the handbook, it full of good advice. Overall, just sit back and be happy you didn't choose a Hexblade.

Khaira
2017-01-03, 04:57 PM
Thanks a lot!! I'll go read it right now :)