PDA

View Full Version : dvati lich?

you randomly
2017-01-04, 09:40 AM
the through came across my mind when i remembered the lore that dvati have one soul shared between the 2 of them so i was wondering how this effected them if they were to become a lich i.e would they both come back as they were in the event of there body being destroyed?

weckar
2017-01-04, 09:42 AM
I don't see why not? As long as their (one) phylactery is intact, of course.

Tiri
2017-01-04, 09:45 AM
Presumably, they would grow two new bodies.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-01-04, 10:09 AM
Make sure to take a feat that forces you to be counted as a different type, such as Human Blood, Human Heritage, or Otherworldly, and make sure you don't look like you're rotting or desiccated flesh and bones. That way, you won't be pegged as undead, and effects that affect undead don't bother you, which means it'll be quite unlikely that anyone will realize you're a lich (giving you yet another layer of protection for your phylactery).

you randomly
2017-01-04, 11:38 AM
would they have to kill both of me or just one and wait for the other to wither
could one twin die and come back indepedantly from the other?

Flickerdart
2017-01-04, 11:49 AM
I'm AFB, and the SRD doesn't mention the stages of a lich's transformation. You just build a phylactery and flip straight from alive to undead (thus not triggering the "if one dvati dies" clause - you are never dead).

you randomly
2017-01-04, 11:57 AM
I'm AFB, and the SRD doesn't mention the stages of a lich's transformation. You just build a phylactery and flip straight from alive to undead (thus not triggering the "if one dvati dies" clause - you are never dead).

not quite what i meant but still something i hadn't thought of thanks for answer a question i have yet to ask XD
i was more referring to when you kill one of them after they are a lich would it mean that the one twin that has died get reformed and the phylactery is destroyed (to my understanding they are broken after reforming) or would it kill the other twin and reform them both?

Necroticplague
2017-01-04, 12:09 PM
not quite what i meant but still something i hadn't thought of thanks for answer a question i have yet to ask XD
i was more referring to when you kill one of them after they are a lich would it mean that the one twin that has died get reformed and the phylactery is destroyed (to my understanding they are broken after reforming) or would it kill the other twin and reform them both?
Your understanding is wrong. Phylacteries are re-usable. Heck, they're actually rather tough objects.

That being said, the other twin would be unaffected, and the twin that was destroyed would simply re-form as normal. Technically, undead don't die, they are destroyed, thus avoiding the 'after a dvati twin dies....." clause.

DrMotives
2017-01-04, 12:10 PM

No, a phylactery is not broken after the lich reforms. It can reanimate the lich an unlimited number of times, which is why a lich hunter needs to find and destroy the phylactery in addition to killing the lich's body.

you randomly
2017-01-04, 12:31 PM
so this begs the question is a dvanti lich better than a normal lich (human, dawrf...) or worse?

unseenmage
2017-01-04, 12:58 PM
IF it works as described then wow, a dvati's second body is basically another phylactery.

If a dvati lich Simulacrums itself does it get 2 new bodies with which to confuse the lich hunter?