PDA

View Full Version : DM Help PTU Roll20 Plaza?

thedanster7000
2017-01-04, 12:58 PM
There seems to be no end to the demand for PTU on here, and I've recently discovered why, hence I've had an idea. I'm not sure whether or not it would work as I've never seen anything like this done before.

Basically, it would be a mass Roll20 session with preset arenas for people to just come on and find potential battles or contests with other people. People would not gain EXP, etc. from these player-arranged fights. There would be regular official sessions/minigames/PvP for people to gain experience, money, and purchase equipment on the server.

Mechanically, people would apply to play after making a character, if they were approved their character would be put into the Roll20 session and their control of their avatar(s) enabled. This would obviously require vigorous moderation to kick out anyone making trouble, cheating, etc.

I just think this would be a good way for people to get practice with the system, and could be a very cool thing to have lots of people participating in.

What I'm wondering is whether,
A) This would work mechanically.
B) Whether there would be any interest in this.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

DataNinja
2017-01-04, 11:42 PM
It's not Roll20 (or real-time), but we actually have a section of our Developer-sanctioned Pokemon-by-post board (http://pokemonbypost.boards.net/) set aside specifically for PvP battles of that kind. Unfortunately, that section's a little bit dead right now, but hopefully some fresh blood would change that!

I know it's not quite what you've envisioned, but it's... well, something. :smalltongue:

Either way, I wish you well in your endeavour. I know there are people PbP isn't for (much like I don't have the time for anything Real-Time), and a few options isn't a bad thing.

thedanster7000
2017-01-05, 04:30 AM
It's not Roll20 (or real-time), but we actually have a section of our Developer-sanctioned Pokemon-by-post board (http://pokemonbypost.boards.net/) set aside specifically for PvP battles of that kind. Unfortunately, that section's a little bit dead right now, but hopefully some fresh blood would change that!

I know it's not quite what you've envisioned, but it's... well, something. :smalltongue:

Either way, I wish you well in your endeavour. I know there are people PbP isn't for (much like I don't have the time for anything Real-Time), and a few options isn't a bad thing.
This is precisely what I was thinking of, thanks for this! If you're saying it's a bit dead, spreading the word around here could change that; it's overflowing with PTU fans who can't find a game.