PDA

View Full Version : Martial Dragon Disciple? (Pathfinder)

MonkeySage
2017-01-04, 04:47 PM
So far, I've got 5 levels of sorcerer, 2 of silver dragon disciple. I've got claws and a bite attack, both of which will eventually deal cold damage. I'm wondering if there is a way to accentuate his martial abilities without dropping levels in other classes... What feats would I take?

TheIronGolem
2017-01-04, 05:26 PM
Martial Study would seem to be a good place to start.

EDIT: Oh, Pathfinder. Is 3PP on the table? If so, Martial Training I (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats#TOC-Martial-Training-I-Combat-).

exelsisxax
2017-01-04, 05:35 PM
If you mean martial initiator, martial training mentioned above is the only thing that exists. But it's crap for that build, because you're a spellcaster.

You're a spellcaster, cast some shape-changing spells. That's basically all you've got when everything about the sorcerer chassis is garbage for being a martial. You're not a druid or cleric, you'll never be a good fighter, only manage to be an alright fighter for a few rounds per day. Feats alone won't do anything.

Psyren
2017-01-04, 06:02 PM
You could retrain to a Bloodrager instead of Sorcerer if what you want is to be a martial DD. You should be able to easily get a synergy bonus.

Geddy2112
2017-01-05, 10:21 AM
I second retraining as a bloodrager. If you can, getting power attack is the key feat to bringing the pain.

As a sorcerer your BAB is too low to make power attack viable. Being a dragon disciple makes it a bit better, but it is still not optimal unless you are a bloodrager.

Since you are a full caster, arcane strike will grow well with your character and juice your damage. At higher levels you won't have the swift action to spare but it is good nonetheless.

Improved initiative is one of the best feats in the game, double because you are a caster. Since you are going to frontline, toughness might not be the worst feat choice.
Stay away from rending claws and eldritch claws. The precision damage from rending claws is not much, and unless you fight a ton of things with DR/silver your claws are already magic(or could be made it by arcane strike0.

BoutsofInsanity
2017-01-05, 12:17 PM
Furthermore, if you can retrain into Eldritch Scion of Magus for a more casty gish.

You have a few options:

Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple is a two handing strength beast who can put out a hurting on foes. But I feel you don't take advantage of the claws/bite synergy it grants

I'm a fan of the Eldritch Scion gish: You get better casting, but still can mix it up with claws and bite, maximizing your synergy with a 2/3rds BAB.

Dragon Disciple Sorc to me loses too much casting to be worth it.