PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration for a Feywild Campaign

NRSASD
2017-01-04, 09:07 PM
Hello the Playground!

I'm brainstorming for a campaign set entirely in the Feywild, so I was wondering which 5E books are good sources for Feywild information. Additionally, let me know about any good books/shows/threads/etc. that could come in handy. I'm looking less for plotlines and more for factions/geography/general setting material.

Finally, does anyone know of a Feywild-induced traits chart? A major plot point of the campaign is that the longer you stay in the Feywild, the longer you eat, drink, and breathe the air over there, the more you become a part of the Feywild and the less likely you are to even want to return home. I know of a couple Far Realms influence tables, but I was wondering if there was already such a thing for the Feywild.

As always, thanks for any and all input!

Addaran
2017-01-04, 10:14 PM
I don't think there's anything like that for 5ed yet. But using one of the older feywild book (i don't know them but i know there's a few) from a past edition would work well.

Ninja_Prawn loves fey stuff too. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19489929&postcount=273
Check her Forests and Faeries PDF.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-05, 02:50 AM
You rang?

Addaran is right; there isn't much in the officially published 5e material to support campaigns in the Feywild. You'll definitely want to pick up Volo's; there are a few nice fey monsters in there but, other than that, you're going to need some homebrew.

Forests and Faeries (under Rules Supplements in my sig) contains most of my fey stuff. It has races, spells, items and some setting information, including a few additional hazards.

A lot of the canon stuff from that comes from the 4e book Heroes of the Feywild, so you might want to get that if you can find it. It has the only proper map of the Realm, as far as I'm aware.

If there's something specific you need, I'd be happy to help 'brew it!

NRSASD
2017-01-06, 01:03 AM
Thanks! I'll definitely take a look at that pdf. Right now I'm just in the preliminary stages of planning and still looking for inspiration, but I'll come find you when I have a clearer idea of what I'm looking for.

JellyPooga
2017-01-06, 07:20 AM
If it's any help, I threw up this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495907-A-distinct-lack-of-Fey) a while back and got some positive feedback out of it. Inspiration fodder, if nothing else.