PDA

View Full Version : My stupid moment

Nevar
2007-07-18, 11:35 AM
So there I was in a rolemaster campaign. One of the fighters had just recieved word that his lover from an earlier adventure had ben taken by a bunch of orcs and they wanted a box that we couldn't open. So we head to the tower that they instructed us to meet them at knowing it was most likly a trap. We enter the ruined tower where most of the floors above us were rotted through. On the top floor there was half a floor still left and after we enter we are surrounded by orcs. and on the top floor is the leader holding the PC's lover over the ledge. He calls up the PC and when he gets up there he passes the box and pulls his lover from the edge away from view from me. Then he takes a good look at her and sees thru the illusion that she is actually a female orc so he throws her over the edge. Me seeing he first disappear and then reappear in rapid succession gets the bright idea of "I'll catch her" as I run underneath her never asking if the illusion fell away. After wich I get a crushing critical that knocks me unconsience. The party ends up surviving the encounter however I'm never living down that I cought the 'orc princess in distress' and have been labeled an orc lover.... sigh.

horseboy
2007-07-18, 11:51 AM
LOL, That 's a good one!:smallbiggrin:

clockwork warrior
2007-07-18, 11:53 AM
hahaha

orc lover would make a sweet insult, right up there with "your mother was a goblin!"

RandomNPC
2007-07-18, 08:11 PM
so as your next character are you going to play the half orc child of your current one?

Savageman
2007-07-18, 10:11 PM
I thought I'd just tell you about one of my players, so you won't feel as bad. This was one of my first times as DM, so I was really loose with the rules, and more interested in style than substance - basically I aimed for humor more than anything else. This player, he bought a mount - a donkey - and, in the interests of humor (and giving myself an unofficial voice in the party), I decided it could talk - was in fact a polymorphed human! I thought maybe they'd try to help him. The player declared he would keep the guy as his mount, seeing as he'd already paid. The following is a list of stupid things he did that involved the donkey/man:
-knocked it out with the butt of his axe a total of 6 times.
-gave it ale.
-locked it in a closet while he seduced a barmaid. the donkey/man broke out and joined in.
-set a bar on fire (while riding the donkey inside).
-got the donkey addicted to a mysterious white powdery substance.
The final time he knocked the donkey out, I'd had enough of that gag. The donkey exploded, taking the player's foot with it. All that was left was a hoof, which the player had the cleric attach to his stump.

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-18, 10:49 PM
I thought I'd just tell you about one of my players, so you won't feel as bad. This was one of my first times as DM, so I was really loose with the rules, and more interested in style than substance - basically I aimed for humor more than anything else. This player, he bought a mount - a donkey - and, in the interests of humor (and giving myself an unofficial voice in the party), I decided it could talk - was in fact a polymorphed human! I thought maybe they'd try to help him. The player declared he would keep the guy as his mount, seeing as he'd already paid. The following is a list of stupid things he did that involved the donkey/man:
-knocked it out with the butt of his axe a total of 6 times.
-gave it ale.
-locked it in a closet while he seduced a barmaid. the donkey/man broke out and joined in.
-set a bar on fire (while riding the donkey inside).
-got the donkey addicted to a mysterious white powdery substance.
The final time he knocked the donkey out, I'd had enough of that gag. The donkey exploded, taking the player's foot with it. All that was left was a hoof, which the player had the cleric attach to his stump.

:thog: thats the greatest thing ever, but here is my story: In one of my campaigns (right at the start) this mysterious Tower crashlanded in the middle of town(on the tavern) the King sent the Prince(my character, lvl4 fighter) to investigate it, I met up with the other members of the group(they were going to get arrested if they didn't help my character) so we got to the second level to the top of this Tower, and a big Freakin Dragon was standing there (the rest of the party has run away by now). it asks calmly "what are you doing here?" I just tell it that I'm here investigating the Tower and that it is ruining my attitude, the dragon then takes me up to the final floor where the this Gnomish wizard is just sitting there in his throne (wearing some Nikes as I was told) and he also asks "what are you doing here?" so I tell him and he explains that his "rocket" has run out of fuel, this "rocket" runs on Government Power and needs either: all of the towns people or: the King. I can't make up my decision but the rest of the party have shown up by now, then thats when the wizard told me that I was not the King's Legitamet son, I was his adopted son after his son had died taking over the city 20 years ago, so I atomaticly decide "THE KING MUST DIE!" so the Party and I leave and Bring back the King and a few of his guards, the Party theif stabs one of the guards in the back of the neck and I shoot 1 in the eye, run over and stab the next one, the party Wizard just hides behind one of the Controll panels casting magic missle, when the battle ends the King is put in a chamber and the Life is sucked from him, the Wizard. the party and I then head for Mechanis where we almost get arrested for fighting one of them stupid Chicken-shaped Modrons...:biggrin:

Thinker
2007-07-18, 11:49 PM
So you'd kill the person that took care of you for years and placed you in a position of authority all because he's not related to you by blood? That's pretty brutal. The good of the many outweighs the good of the few, but there is always a 3rd option.