PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Is there any way to make eldritch blast deal elemental damage?

neriractor
2017-01-05, 05:43 PM
Just what it says on the tin, is there some invocation or ACF that allows a warlock to deal elemental damage? mind you, I´m not too familiar with the warlock class, having never played one so perhaps there is one in the basic list that I missed.

so, is there any ways to do it?

ExLibrisMortis
2017-01-05, 05:47 PM
Brimstone Blast deals fire damage.
Hellrime Blast deals cold damage.
Vitriolic Blast deals acid damage. It also ignores SR and can be fired into antimagic fields.

Dragonfire adepts get a breath weapon, which is very similar to Eldritch Blast, and can deal various kinds of elemental damage. They also get invocations.

neriractor
2017-01-05, 06:02 PM
thank you very much, I know I alluded to the possibility of me missing them but I didn´t really think that was it :smallredface:

JoranShadeslayr
2017-01-05, 08:01 PM
Technically you can't do elemental damage at all in 3.5. Elemental damage was changed to energy damage.

KillianHawkeye
2017-01-05, 08:17 PM
Technically you can't do elemental damage at all in 3.5. Elemental damage was changed to energy damage.

"Elemental damage" is a general term within the scope of fantasy RPGs. Everyone knew what he was asking.

Fizban
2017-01-05, 08:36 PM
There are also two items in the Magic Item Compendium: the Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy which let you turn a no-essence blast into energy damage 3/day (one energy type based on the gauntlet), and the Gloves of Eldritch Admixture, which add 2d6, 3d6, or 4d6 energy damage to your blast (choose any type upon activation, 3 charges/day). The gloves are the cheapest and should be just about the first offensive item you pick up, like the +1 sword of Warlocks.

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-06, 04:07 AM
There are also two items in the Magic Item Compendium: the Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy which let you turn a no-essence blast into energy damage 3/day (one energy type based on the gauntlet), and the Gloves of Eldritch Admixture, which add 2d6, 3d6, or 4d6 energy damage to your blast (choose any type upon activation, 3 charges/day). The gloves are the cheapest and should be just about the first offensive item you pick up, like the +1 sword of Warlocks.

It's a light mace ;).

Technetium43
2017-01-06, 04:09 AM
It's a light mace ;).

See that would be funnier if he was talking about the Warlock Scepter, and not the gloves. :smalltongue:

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-06, 04:25 AM
See that would be funnier if he was talking about the Warlock Scepter, and not the gloves. :smalltongue:

Not sure what you mean?

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-06, 04:26 AM
Oh wait, I get it, I interpreted the wrong meaning of "like". He's saying the gloves are similar to a +1 sword would be for other classes. I thought he was saying both the gloves and the sceptre are early-acquisition targets.