PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for villains based on the Minor Arcana

Blackhawk748
2017-01-06, 11:58 AM
For those of you who don't know, the Minor Arcana are the 4 suits in a Tarot deck (Swords, Staves, Cubs and Coins), the villains i have are:

King of Coins
Queen of Cups
Knight of Staves
Jack of Blades

For their powers im thinking of having King do summoning by magically empowering gold coins. Jack is simple, hes gonna shoot energy blasts from his sword, and summon other swords to shoot at people. The other two im drawing a blank for.

Segev
2017-01-06, 12:07 PM
The Queen of Cups should be a Telepath with emphasis in the mind-reading and Charming powers. She reads people like a book and then uses mundane social skill to manipulate them based on their fears and dreams, and uses overt psychic power to make those who are still recalcitrant like and love her for it. (Assuming D&D 3.5; if she's not in that system, then just make her an emotional manipulator, like an evil Dianna Troi mixed with an "enchantress" sort of character.) She should, ultimately, be incredibly likable and able to make you feel guilty for even opposing her.

The Knight of Staves should be an impulsive determinator. He sets his sights on his goals and will barrel through to them by the most expedient means possible. Hard to bring down or stop, he uses brute force delivered swiftly and decisively to achieve his aims. He doesn't dither over shades of gray; he knows what he wants and what he thinks and he'll act on it immediately. His powers should center around unstoppable force; he isn't indestructible, but he won't be easily brought to a halt by mere damage or force. Redirecting him is hard; this is a strength and a weakness, in that manipulating him to impulsively go in the wrong direction can keep him busy for a while.

Pauly
2017-01-07, 06:38 AM
Queen of cups can be a poisoner.

Hnight of stavs. A knight who uses a quarter staff with magical size shifting power, a la the monkey king from Chinese legend.

JustIgnoreMe
2017-01-07, 07:28 AM
My mind automatically went to J.A.K.Q. I once statted out some demons for my local LARP based on these 5. "Big One" nearly caused a fee deaths.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.A.K.Q._Dengekitai

Blackhawk748
2017-01-08, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I like the idea of the Enchantress style character, so ill probably use that as well as both suggestions for the Knight of Staves, so i'll just mash them together.