PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick: The Movie

North
2007-07-18, 01:45 PM
So who would you like to see cast in the OOTS Movie?

The OOTS
Roy - Dwayne Johnson - Hes got the build and I think hes got the right attitude
Haley- Jewel Staite- Kayee off Firefly. Looks damn near perfect for Haley and has the cuteness downpact
Durkon - John Rhys Davies would be perfect. But hes already done a dwarf. Im still a little stumped on this one.
Elan/Nale - Matt Damon -He can play anything! Over the top monloging or Elans prayers to banjo would both be awesome.
Belkar - Breckin Meyers - Right sorta build, would still need CG of course and I think hes got the right blend of sarcasm and comedic talent. Or Ben Foster.
Vaarsuvius - This ones another challenge. How do you cast when you dont have a gender?

The Villains
Xykon- Jason Lee - I really could see the ubersarcastic non caring Xykon voiced by Lee work really well here
Redcloak - Steve Buscemi - I think his unique voice would work pretty well
Monster in the Darkness - Michael Clarke Duncan - Deep booming scary voice that would be hilarious to hear when he says hes scared of the dark

Supporting Cast
Roys Dad - Morgan Freeman would be able to fit the voice and nagging dad part and have the age to make it beleavable

And at the very end after the credits roll
Miko - Devon Aoki - Cute, limber and can be uber stuck up.

This is also how I picture and hear the chars when I read the comic.
The casting call is still open lots of roles to be filled
who would you cast?

Bluesilver
2007-07-18, 01:53 PM
Belkar is CE, it's Monster in the Darkness, V's name is spelled Vaarsuvius, and there's been a million threads on this topic.

Scarab83
2007-07-18, 01:57 PM
You want "The Rock" to play Roy? Ugh..

Wizzardman
2007-07-18, 01:59 PM
Belkar is CE, it's Monster in the Darkness, V's name is spelled Vaarsuvius, and there's been a million threads on this topic.

...I think he means computer graphics, not chaotic good. Meaning they'll have to resize whoever plays Belkar to be halfling-sized.

BigHairyMonster
2007-07-18, 02:10 PM
Varsuvious - This ones another challenge. How do you cast when you dont have a gender?

Hmmmm. Hilary Swank? Felicity Huffman? Julie Andrews?

Jamie Lee Curtis?

No? Just me, then...

:smallredface:

PS How is it possible to misspell, phonetically, words that are only ever written down? :smalleek:

North
2007-07-18, 02:12 PM
...I think he means computer graphics, not chaotic good. Meaning they'll have to resize whoever plays Belkar to be halfling-sized.

Exactly.

I like Dwayne Johnson. Hes actually been pretty good in movies since his wrasslin days. Have you seen the Rundown? And hes willing to take verrrry non wrestler parts Be Cool. So hes earned a lot of my respect.

One Topic, One Thread
There should be, in most cases, one active thread for a specific topic. Please check and see if there is already an active thread (one that has been posted on in the last six weeks and is no further back than page 3) discussing a topic before posting a new one.

Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from “the dead.” If a thread has fallen to page three and hasn’t been posted to in for a month and a half, don’t post to it. Start a new topic if you want to discuss the subject.

So does this mean that Im not allowed to discuss a subject unless I was there when it first brought up? I notice that a lot on boards. "This has already been done before you cant talk about it". There was a thread I read a little while back. The poster said once one person posts a thread the second person will knock it. I resisted the urge to post the forum rules in my original post. If youve discussed it to death fine. I and im certain others havent.

Rajhiim
2007-07-18, 02:22 PM
Kind of rough huh? The forum, among other things, seems to be for entertainment right? The OP was posting something he thought was entertaining - hence the beeeeelllion threads on it (right?).

Dont be so harsh on him. I think it's a fun topic and one that (imo) doesnt get old... unless the front page is full of them. No one blasted the "which voice" post, but maybe that's because we view cartoons differently than casting movie roles?

Either way...

And, regarding DJ... I think he could pull off a good Roy. He is college educated and more articulate than his wrestling persona.

Yeril
2007-07-18, 02:27 PM
I cant imagine the rock being roy, I can see where your coming from but I cant picture it, I checked out who you said would be good for miko and yeah I can imagine her in Mikos shoes when she cut Shojo down.

Yeril
2007-07-18, 02:28 PM
Belkar is CE

Im preety sure by CG he ment Computer Graphics not Chaotic good :smallsmile:

North
2007-07-18, 02:32 PM
I had a tough time with Roy. Ving Rhames and Micheal Clarke Duncan are way too big. Laurence Fishburn doesnt feel right at all. And Samuel L Jackson is already in everything. Plus for the most part I was trying to use non A list actors.

Scarab83
2007-07-18, 02:35 PM
I like Dwayne Johnson. Hes actually been pretty good in movies since his wrasslin days. Have you seen the Rundown? And hes willing to take verrrry non wrestler parts Be Cool. So hes earned a lot of my respect.

I'm not saying he's a bad actor, he had to learn from his wrestling days. I just can't see him being Roy.

My vote on who to play Roy has to go to Wayne Brady. :smallwink:

Ithekro
2007-07-18, 02:37 PM
How is Michael Dorn on acting without makeup these days?

Oberon
2007-07-18, 02:37 PM
Kind of rough huh? The forum, among other things, seems to be for entertainment right? The OP was posting something he thought was entertaining - hence the beeeeelllion threads on it (right?).

Dont be so harsh on him. I think it's a fun topic and one that (imo) doesnt get old... unless the front page is full of them. No one blasted the "which voice" post, but maybe that's because we view cartoons differently than casting movie roles?

Either way...

And, regarding DJ... I think he could pull off a good Roy. He is college educated and more articulate than his wrestling persona.

This is one of thwe things I've noticed about this Forum :"this topic has been covered ages ago, so you can't talk about it, even if there are tons of new members since then that have probaly never thought of it." I realize that in the case of this specific topic, there was a thread rather recently, but I am speaking in general: If you have discussed it to the topic at length, and don't want to get into another discussion about it, then you don't have to. But please don't deprive others of that privalege.

This is not aimed as an attack on Bluesilver either. It's just a little thing I've noticed many doing on this forum that is starting to become a pet peeve of mine.

That said, I strongly disagree with the Rock as Roy. Roy needs to be strong and tough without being overly beefy. I don't know who else I'd pick tho'. I once suggeted Will Smith, but that was on a thread about voices for the OOTs, not people to play them in live-action.

voice of:xykon: Jeremy Irons. Xykon himself would be all CG'ed up.
:mitd: Alan Rickman or James Earl Jones. Neither of these were originally my suggestion but I thought they were good ones.

Rajhiim
2007-07-18, 02:42 PM
Will Smith would be a good one.

Dave Chappelle would be super funny but it would ruin the movie.

What about a Wayans brother?

LL Cool J...?

Omar Epps -- another good one.

Rajhiim
2007-07-18, 02:44 PM
Oh for MITD - you know what would be funny? One of the "move announcer" voices! The guys who do the trailers, "in a world blah blah..."

thegreatmightynerd
2007-07-18, 03:06 PM
OP is right about casting for:

MitD-it would just be so f*cking funny
Xykon-just as voice acting I always saw Xykon as being like Azreal (spelling?) in Dogma
Miko-she does kick ass samurai style

OP is horribly, horribly wrong about casting for:

Roy- the rock? what the hell?
Elan/Nale- hell no, just no

Bavarian itP
2007-07-18, 03:10 PM
Roy Greenhilt - Donald Faison
Haley Starshine - Sarah Chalke
Belkar Bitterleaf - Neil Flynn
Durkon Thundershield - Sam Lloyd
Elan the Bard / Nale Overcomplicated - Zach Braff
Vaarsuvius - John C. McGinley

Xykon - Ken Jenkins
Redcloak - Brendan Fraser
MitD - Judy Reyes

Sabine - Christa Miller
Thog - Robert Maschio

Miko Miyazaki - Aloma Wright

Flumph #1 - Johnny Kastl

Bocc Kob
2007-07-18, 03:12 PM
Vin Diesel as Belkar. Think about it. :smalltongue:

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-18, 03:33 PM
The OotS:

Roy Greenhilt - J. August Richards (Hands down my #1 choice, though Dwayne Johnson does deserve an honourable mention (assuming they use makeup to darken him a bit, he's too light as he is).
Haley Starshine - Can't decide, tough one.
Belkar Bitterleaf - Danny DeVito (He's getting old, but his short performance in Austin Powers won me over).
Elan/Nale - Edward Norton (I've seen him really awesome as both a sweet innocent guy, and a completely Machiavellian genuine grade-A A-hole. See both Fight Club and American History X for some of his better works). Failing that, I'm going to offer someone who I'll probably be shot for doing: Leonardo DiCaprio. I know after the horror that was Titanic, people are iffy, but he really is a much better actor than people give him credit for, and I think he could pull it off well.
Durkon - Other than John Rhys Davies, not sure...
Vaarsuvius - I'm stumped. You need someone completely androgynous who can still come across as totally erudite and I can't think of anyone who fits the bill.

The Villains:
Xykon - Either the voice of Kel'Thuzad from WC3 or Jack Nicholson come to mind.
Redcloak - Steve Buscemi isn't a bad plan.
MitD - Either Michael Duncan Clarke for irony, or Rick Moranis also for irony.

Bocc Kob
2007-07-18, 03:48 PM
Vaarsuvius - I'm stumped. You need someone completely androgynous who can still come across as totally erudite and I can't think of anyone who fits the bill.

Johnny Depp? :smalltongue:

David Argall
2007-07-18, 03:53 PM
there's been a million threads on this topic.

Well, the last one was several days ago, and it wasn't a casting call.

Logic
2007-07-18, 03:53 PM
I would rather see an animated movie, rather than a live action one. That way, we don't have to be worried about how dark or light some of the actors are to play certain roles. My following list is assuming animation.

The OotS:
Roy Greenhilt - I honestly don't know. No actor seems to be close to what I imagine to be Roy's voice.
Haley Starshine - Kristen Bell is my first choice.
Belkar Bitterleaf - Unsure. No one seems "Angry" enough.
Elan/Nale - Casey Elwes is perfect for this role.
Durkon - Sean Connery. Think about it.
Vaarsuvius - Cillian Murphey. Could also work if you were to be dead set on live action.

The Villains:
Xykon - Vince Vaughn could do this, but I don't think he has enough of a "badass" voice.
Redcloak - Steve Buscemi. I really like the sound of this.
MitD - Michael Clark Duncan is perfect for this role.

Kaelaroth
2007-07-18, 03:55 PM

hehe... Funny, though by suggesting it, you brought shame to V's name. :smallannoyed:

Kurald Galain
2007-07-18, 03:56 PM

Hugo Weaving? He did star in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, after all.

Samuel L. Jackson as Roy.
Danny DeVito as Belkar. You know it makes sense! That or Mel Brooks.
Leonardo DiCaprio as Elan - he's annoying enough to pull it off.
Tom Hanks as Durkon?
Angelina Jolie as Haley?
Alan Rickman as Redcloak
John Cleese as Xykon

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-18, 03:56 PM

Maybe it's just me but he doesn't come off as very androgynous. Plus everyone knows who Depp is and therefore he'd be automatically tagged as male. Unless they did a REALLY AWESOME job of disguising him..

Spiryt
2007-07-18, 04:04 PM

Yeah, Johnny is obvious choice for V, he won't have problems with gender-unknown appearence. And he gennerally playes eccentric character great.

Belkar Bitterleaf - Danny DeVito (He's getting old, but his short performance in Austin Powers won me over)

As far as I know Danny won't be good Belkar. He is very short, but still Belkar is much shorter anyway.
He indeed is getting old and always was kinda chubby. Belkar would have to be some ordinary sized human, scaled down like in Lord of the Rings, builded strong, yet slim. Those jumps and Belkar's general agility would have to look convincing, you know.

RelentlessImp
2007-07-18, 04:08 PM
Roy Greenhilt - Wayne Brady
Haley Starshine - Julia Stiles (Dye her hair red and give her some revealing leather armor)
Belkar Bitterleaf - Just to annoy everyone - Elijah Woods. (Maybe he'll get some actual respect now? Though he was truly a badass in Sin City.)
Elan/Nale - Casey Elwes!
Durkon - Sean Connery. Definitively. (Or pull a Vader and put someone else here and use Connery's voice.)
Vaarsuvius - Marilyn Manson. (Know anyone else that can pull off ambiguously-gendered better?)

The Villains:
Xykon - Steve Buscemi's voice, CGI Lich.
Redcloak - Hugo Weaving's voice, CGI Goblin. (Or pull a Vader and tuck Elijah Woods here and use Hugo Weaving's voice.)
MitD - Michael Clark Duncan.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-18, 04:13 PM
As far as I know Danny won't be good Belkar. He is very short, but still Belkar is much shorter anyway.
He indeed is getting old and always was kinda chubby. Belkar would have to be some ordinary sized human, scaled down like in Lord of the Rings, builded strong, yet slim. Those jumps and Belkar's general agility would have to look convincing, you know.

Size isn't the issue. You can't get Belkars' jumps and agility without a stunt double and special effects anyway (Ring of jumping? Anyone?)

My main motivation for saying Danny DeVito was his performance in Austin Powers 3. Watch the beginning again...it's just priceless...honestly... :smallbiggrin:

Scarab83
2007-07-18, 04:14 PM
Roy Greenhilt - Wayne Brady

See? Glad I'm not the only one. :smallbiggrin:

Spiryt
2007-07-18, 04:18 PM
Size isn't the issue. You can't get Belkars' jumps and agility without a stunt double and special effects anyway (Ring of jumping? Anyone?)

My main motivation for saying Danny DeVito was his performance in Austin Powers 3. Watch the beginning again...it's just priceless...honestly... :smallbiggrin:

No, no. You misunderstood me.

I'm not saying that this scaled-down guy would have to do stunt work and really jump and all.

I also didn't say that Danny de Vito is bad actor.
But he just definetly doesn't look like Belkar.
He is kinda good at playing psychos however...

RelentlessImp
2007-07-18, 04:18 PM
See? Glad I'm not the only one. :smallbiggrin:

Well. Either him or do Hollywood and have the Governor of California do it... XD

Wayne Brady gets a lot of crap for showing up on "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" and doing improv. He can be a pretty convincing straight man, though. (Stargate SG-1, "It's Good To Be King" in 2005, as Trelak.)

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-18, 04:19 PM
No, no. You misunderstood me.

I'm not saying that this scaled-down guy would have to do stunt work and really jump and all.

I also didn't say that Danny de Vito is bad actor.
But he just definetly doesn't look like Belkar.
He is kinda good at playing psychos however...

I also would have said that John Rhys Davies would make a terrible dwarf ten years ago.

Ithekro
2007-07-18, 04:24 PM
I find the Elijah Woods as Belkar to be interesting. Especially if they stick to some of the strips. Can you see Elijah yelling "In your face, Elijah Woods!" after killing a goblin ninja when no one is around?

I'm recalling Michael Dorn for Xykon, the MitD, or Roy.

Xykon due to his roll as the evil Nebula from "Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys" (which has a lot a well know sci-fi actors as voices even if it was a weird show.)

MitD just because I think having him do that kind of humor would be funny. Doesn't fit right in my head, but sometimes actors can surprise you.

Roy due to his ability to pull off sarcasm with a straight face (though he wouldn't get the one-liners like he would have as Worf) but also because he can place noble without makeup, as seen in the "Emperor: Battle for Dune" Computer Game.

Attilargh
2007-07-18, 04:28 PM
Vin Diesel as Belkar. Think about it. :smalltongue:
Well, now that I think about it, why not? He can grow enough hair, he knows D&D, he's played a callous murderer before, and he can deliver one-liners pretty well. I can even see him doing the sexy shoeless god of war scene. :smalltongue:

Ædit: Oh, right, Eddie Murphy should do the roaches.

Spiryt
2007-07-18, 04:32 PM
Yeah, Elijah would be nice as Belkar.

Experience in playing halfling, and can look very adequately

http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/3241257/3241257_main.jpg

I think.

Glyde
2007-07-18, 04:34 PM
Xykon - Either the voice of Kel'Thuzad from WC3 or Jack Nicholson come to mind.

I have to second this. Michael McConnohie is a great voice actor.

Snow
2007-07-18, 05:34 PM

No way, it should be Tilda Swinton no doubt about it, if you have looked at her as Gabriel in Constantine you will agree with me.

North
2007-07-18, 08:18 PM
No way, it should be Tilda Swinton no doubt about it, if you have looked at her as Gabriel in Constantine you will agree with me.

Ooooohhh shes good. Yeah I could totally see her as V. She can pull off gender neutral and imperious very well

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-18, 08:35 PM
I see very few films and no TV and so can't really add much to the thread -- I haven't even heard of most of the actors named so far -- but I'd like to say that after Wikipedia'ing a few of them, Julia Stiles is *absolutely perfect* for Haley -- she couldn't look more like the part if she tried. (OK, except for actually putting on costume and donning a bow and arrows, but you know what I mean.)

Angelina Jolie? No way in hell. Some say she has good looks, but if so she has entirely the wrong sort of good looks to match Haley's character.

Angafirith
2007-07-18, 08:36 PM
Roy - Robin Williams
Haley - Robin Williams
Belkar - Robin Williams
Elan/Nale - Robin Williams and Robin Williams
... you get the point.

No script or anything. Just introduce him to the parts and let him loose.

hanzo66
2007-07-18, 08:40 PM
Roy - Robin Williams
Haley - Robin Williams
Belkar - Robin Williams
Elan/Nale - Robin Williams and Robin Williams
... you get the point.

No script or anything. Just introduce him to the parts and let him loose.

How about...

Written by Robin Williams and directed by...

Quentin Tarantino!
Oh and can't believe no one here has mentioned Joe's Apartment when talking about the roaches... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBM5DdIB53E&feature=PlayList&p=9DD9DCC61E4B5395&index=62)

Deepblue706
2007-07-18, 09:10 PM
Roy: Michael Dorn
Haley: ...no idea.
Durkon: John Rhys-Davies (He's already got experience as a Dwarf!)
Elan/Nale: Keanu Reeves
V: Hugo Weaving Tilda Swinton
Belkar: Mark Hamill

Roy's Dad: Phil LaMarr

Xykon: Jason Lee
Redcloak: John Cleese
MitD: Michael Clark Duncan

Thog: That Guy Who Played Sloth from The Goonies. I'm sure he'd do well.
Sabine: Salma Hayek

Also, I'd like William H Macy somewhere in the mess.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-18, 09:10 PM
I must say, upon review, Tilda Swinton (http://www.baronage.co.uk/2006a/orlando.jpg) would be an awesome choice for V. She looks a bit feminine in that shot due to the earrings, but give her the right hair and no makeup, I think her face is just right to look androgynous, and apparently she has a history of it too.

Deepblue706
2007-07-18, 09:13 PM
Actually, Saithis, you're right. Tilda as V!

Tolkien_Freak
2007-07-18, 09:47 PM
All of the above: Forum Members and Comic Readers
(if the movie is animated, if not... still...)

And I think John Cleese would be a better Xykon, unless it's juxtaposition you're going for.

Oberon
2007-07-19, 12:30 AM
Elan/Nale - Edward Norton

Yes! such a great villian, correct body type, and I think he could pull off Elan. But can he sing?

Roupe
2007-07-19, 12:35 AM
The OOTS
Roy - Keith Hamilton Cobb
Haley- Mary-Louise Parker
Durkon - Billy Connolly
Elan/Nale - Brad Pitt
Belkar - Edward Norton
Vaarsuvius - Jaye Davidson

The Villains
Xykon- Johnny Depp
Redcloak - Jason Lee
Monster in the Darkness - Ken Page

Supporting Cast
Roys Dad - Paul Newman

some others Robin Williams

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-19, 01:34 AM
Yes! such a great villian, correct body type, and I think he could pull off Elan. But can he sing?

A better question, do you think Elan can really sing all that well?

And given that he's an actor, it's likely - acting, song and dance usually go together on at least some level, figure your average actor has at least one of those two in their repertoire, if not both. :smalleek:

Deepblue706
2007-07-19, 01:36 AM
Tim Curry should somehow be involved.

North
2007-07-19, 11:02 AM
Tim Curry should somehow be involved.

I was thinking of Tim Curry for Xykon or MitD but upon reflection

Thog - Tim Curry

Has Tim Curry ever dumbed it down? This could be deadly

Stormwolf
2007-07-19, 01:00 PM
Robert de Niro as Julio Scoundrel... oh wait a minute...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdW7rbcfGzs

Ithekro
2007-07-19, 02:05 PM
So who will play Roy when he's a woman?

Scarab83
2007-07-19, 02:47 PM
So who will play Roy when he's a woman?

Halle Berry... rawr.

Bocc Kob
2007-07-19, 03:02 PM
Shaquille O'Neal.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-19, 10:02 PM
Shaquille O'Neal.

Best suggestion for Female Roy I've ever heard. It's either that or Wesley Snipes who has experience playing a Drag Queen before.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-19, 11:55 PM
My comments in bold.

So who would you like to see cast in the OOTS Movie?

The OOTS
Roy - Dwayne Johnson - Hes got the build and I think hes got the right attitude
Could work, perhaps.
Haley- Jewel Staite- Kayee off Firefly. Looks damn near perfect for Haley and has the cuteness downpact
Definitely a good choice. I agree.
Durkon - John Rhys Davies would be perfect. But hes already done a dwarf. Im still a little stumped on this one.
Who says he can't do another dwarf? He certainly seems perfect.
Elan/Nale - Matt Damon -He can play anything! Over the top monloging or Elans prayers to banjo would both be awesome.
I think Damon would be pretty good.
Belkar - Breckin Meyers - Right sorta build, would still need CG of course and I think hes got the right blend of sarcasm and comedic talent. Or Ben Foster.
...Eh.... I don't know. I can't see Belkar as anyone except Wallace Shawn. Spoilers if you haven't seen the Princess Bride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU&mode=related&search=
Vaarsuvius - This ones another challenge. How do you cast when you dont have a gender?
Clueless here.

The Villains
Xykon- Jason Lee - I really could see the ubersarcastic non caring Xykon voiced by Lee work really well here
Ehhhhh... not to my taste.
Redcloak - Steve Buscemi - I think his unique voice would work pretty well
Very good choice. Perfect, actually.
Monster in the Darkness - Michael Clarke Duncan - Deep booming scary voice that would be hilarious to hear when he says hes scared of the dark
Hahaha, I agree.
Supporting Cast
Roys Dad - Morgan Freeman would be able to fit the voice and nagging dad part and have the age to make it beleavable
Great.

And at the very end after the credits roll
Miko - Devon Aoki - Cute, limber and can be uber stuck up.
Don't know her, but after a quick Google, I think she could be good. We'll see.

This is also how I picture and hear the chars when I read the comic.
The casting call is still open lots of roles to be filled
who would you cast?

Thog: I would cast Andre the Giant if he was still alive. :smallfrown:
Julio Scoundrel: MANDY PATINKIN! In the voice of Inigo Montoya! Spoilers if you haven't seen the Princess Bride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3W5GDkgf2w&mode=related&search=

P.S. Could I make it any more blaringly obvious that I'm a huge fan of The Princess Bride?

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-19, 11:57 PM
Robert de Niro as Julio Scoundrel... oh wait a minute...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdW7rbcfGzs

I would agree, but Robert de Niro is a bit too young to be a mentor-type figure. See my post before this one. (Mandy Patinkin for the win!)

Quietus
2007-07-20, 12:10 AM
I'm not reading everything here already, don't have time, but I just have to say : Jewel Staite as Haley? YES!!!

*Loves Jewel Staite*

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-20, 12:55 AM
I'm not reading everything here already, don't have time, but I just have to say : Jewel Staite as Haley? YES!!!

*Loves Jewel Staite*

Pictures: http://www.jerrypournelle.com/images/Dreamcon/P6120099.JPG,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/Jewel_Staite_at_DragonCon_2005.jpg/700px-Jewel_Staite_at_DragonCon_2005.jpg, http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005_Serenity/2005_serenity_001.jpg (second one on the left)

Looks Haley-ish enough to me! (Not to mention hot... :smallwink: )

Scarab83
2007-07-20, 01:09 AM

*Loves Jewel Staite*

I loved "Kaylee".. however, I don't know anything about the actress who played her, except that she's attractive. Can't really love someone for the role they played.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-20, 01:43 AM
I loved "Kaylee".. however, I don't know anything about the actress who played her, except that she's attractive. Can't really love someone for the role they played.

Actually, same here. But if she does a role well, one can assume that she can do another role well. Good actress who's cute and looks rather Haley-ish? She seems to fit the bill.

Agalyon
2007-07-20, 02:00 AM
:mitd: = Will Smith

'nuff said.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-20, 06:21 AM
Amen to Mandy Patinkin as Julio Scoundrel. I can't think of anyone more fitting for the role.

Quietus
2007-07-20, 10:06 AM

Well, this is true. I've seen some of her other stuff and those characters were a bit weak... she did a bit part on Dead Like Me, some crazy nympho goth chick, which wasn't too thrilling.

I suppose it's more accurate for me to say that Kaylee was awesome. There's just something about women who only get hotter when they have engine grease smudges on their face...

Stormwolf
2007-07-20, 11:26 AM
I would agree, but Robert de Niro is a bit too young to be a mentor-type figure. See my post before this one. (Mandy Patinkin for the win!)

De Niro is 64 next month. If this makes him too young to be a mentor I don't want to know what sort of decrepit old guy you want to teach you swordplay :-P

Anyway, the main point of my post was that in the new movie of Stardust, de Niro plays a pirate with an airship. Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite authors and I'm very excited to see this film being released (at last!) even if it is an adaption of the book. You should all go see it too - not only does it have De Niro, Peter O'Toole, Ricky Gervais but Sienna Miller and Michelle Pfeiffer too :)

P.S. Here's a slightly different trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNaYYcvQrvk

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-20, 06:29 PM
Stormwolf: Admittedly, I wasn't too familiar with De Niro (of course, I had heard of him and knew who he was) but looking at the Stardust trailer he looked and sounded in his 20's to me (I knew he was older than that, but not THAT much older) He is much more of a chameleon than I thought. I can now see where you are coming from, but Mandy Patinkin is still Julio Scoundrel, at least in my mind.

EntilZha
2007-07-21, 01:15 PM
:roy: Mykelti Williamson
:haley: Leelee Sobieski
:vaarsuvius: Johnny Depp (Hey, he pulled off the purple hair well in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". He also can do androgeny, check out that makeup in "Edward Scissorhands" and how good he looks in those dresses in "Ed Wood".)
:belkar: I agree on Vin Diesel
:elan: Alan Tudyk
:durkon: Not sure, but IMHO John Rhys-Davies is a cop out.

:xykon: CGI, voice of Jeremy Kemp
:redcloak: CGI, voice of Gilbert Gottfried
:mitd: Voice of Will Ferrell
:nale: Again, Alan Tudyk
:sabine: Sanaa Latham
:thog: Michael Clarke Duncan

David Argall
2007-07-21, 02:28 PM
You need to look closer at Miko. She has the most appearances of any NPC, and she dominates the stage when she does appear. The movie just won't work without a good Miko.

[No nominations here. I haven't seen a movie in a generation.]

Scarab83
2007-07-21, 02:30 PM
You need to look closer at Miko. She has the most appearances of any NPC, and she dominates the stage when she does appear. The movie just won't work without a good Miko.

[No nominations here. I haven't seen a movie in a generation.]

Any hot asian girl will work.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-21, 03:35 PM
Oh, and I found someone for Miko.

http://techblogbiz.blogspot.com/2006/10/top-5-asian-actresses-in-hollywood.html

Look at the 4th one down, Ziyi Zhang. She has starred in: Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Memoirs of a Geisha, House of Flying Daggers, and The Road Home. She is a great and well-known actress, she has a commanding presence, and she is gorgeous. AND she looks a lot like Miko.

Kaerbek
2007-07-21, 03:42 PM
Roy Greenhilt - Donald Faison
Haley Starshine - Sarah Chalke
Belkar Bitterleaf - Neil Flynn
Durkon Thundershield - Sam Lloyd
Elan the Bard / Nale Overcomplicated - Zach Braff
Vaarsuvius - John C. McGinley

Xykon - Ken Jenkins
Redcloak - Brendan Fraser
MitD - Judy Reyes

Sabine - Christa Miller
Thog - Robert Maschio

Miko Miyazaki - Aloma Wright

Flumph #1 - Johnny Kastl

Addicted to Scrubs, aren't we... :smallconfused:

Kaerbek
2007-07-21, 03:48 PM

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/D20060108/2295_811286567_constantine_4_H105348_L.jpg

I agree, she played the androgynus Archangel Gabriel and she looked both female and male, she would be a perfect match for V.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-22, 12:04 AM
Does anyone like Ziyi Zhang as Miko? From Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Memoirs of a Geisha, House of Flying Daggers...?

EntilZha
2007-07-22, 12:16 AM
Does anyone like Ziyi Zhang as Miko? From Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Memoirs of a Geisha, House of Flying Daggers...?

I'd say she'd deserve consideration.

Bocc Kob
2007-07-22, 12:44 AM
She IS typically cast as psychotic, violent characters. :smallbiggrin:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-22, 12:54 AM
She IS typically cast as psychotic, violent characters. :smallbiggrin:

See? Famous, hot, talented, can play insane, Asian, female, I think we have our Miko!

JessmanCA
2007-07-22, 03:11 AM
The Ultimate OOTS Cast:

Roy - Samuel L. Jackson! Perfect attitude for Roy and everyone loves the Sam
Haley - Kirsten Dunst (MJ from Spiderman) Good actress, perfect personality for the part
Elan - Conan O'Brien Elan and Conan are the kings of self-depricating humor
Belkar - Danny DeVito Short, Angry and annoying
Vaarsuvius - Orlando Bloom (Legolas) Wordy, sexually ambiguous and elf-like
Durkon - Montel Williams (yes from the Montel show) Father-like figure with good advice (and bald with goatee)
MitD - Jim Carrey cartoony and childish but can be "scary" at times
Xykon - voiced by Robin Williams with some reverb and other audio enhancements. Very random and often silly evil guy.
Thog - whoever does the voice of Cookie Monster

heroe_de_leyenda
2007-07-22, 08:24 AM
I think many of you are forgetting that to play a role you sorta have to LOOK LIKE the character, a little at least. De Vito as Belkar? c'mon!!!! Conan O'Brien as Elan AND Nale?? In general we shoud think of younger people for the cast. The average PC age is arround early 20s. Remember they are actors and the can ACT, so personalities don't HAVE TO match, but the looks should be at least similar.

Hikaru Echizen
2007-07-23, 06:11 PM
I say that if there were to be a movie it should be in anime!:elan: :haley:

EntilZha
2007-07-23, 09:41 PM

Now THAT's an idea that merits serious consideration, especially if there's any hentai-esque antics between :elan: and :haley:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-24, 01:22 AM

Bad! Bad! Anime BAD! Die! Die! Burn! Burn! Bad! Bad! Die! Die! Burn! Burn! Anime BAD!

FoE
2007-07-26, 12:02 AM
I would suggest that before this insanity goes any further that we just agree on Tilda Swinton as Vaarsuvius. Not only did she play an androgynous angel in Constantine (and did a damn fine job), but she actually played an man who transforms into a woman. (It has to do with the character's immortality, I think. The movie's called Orlando, and it's based on the book of the same name by Virginia Wolff. Who, by the way, I'm not afraid of.)

Also, I would nominate Steve Zahn for Belkar and Chris Evans as Elan. Xykon should be CGI and voiced by Mark Hamill, who would have that weird mix of pure evil and insanity to the role (see: The Joker).

I really like the thought of Leelee Sobieski for Haley. Ditto on Michael Clarke Duncan for MITD. As for Durkon, I would pick Billy Boyd (Pippin), though I would settle for Dominic Monaghan (Merry).

And, ummm, Chris Rock as Roy?

(responding to boos) WELL, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? I'M AN EVIL MASTERMIND, NOT A CASTING DIRECTOR!!! :smallfurious:

FoE
2007-07-26, 12:12 AM
Wait … WAIT … EUREKA!!!

How about Leonard Roberts, who plays D.L. Hawkins on Heroes (and was on Season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)? He looks the part, and when he was on Buffy, he was kind of shrewd too.

That is, before he turned into an evil demon-human hybrid and got blown to pieces.

Damn, now I've dredged up all those bad "Season 4" memories again. Why, Joss Whedon, why? Why couldn't you have had a better villain?

Well, if you'll excuse me, I'll be upstairs …*CRYING!!!! :smallfrown:

David Argall
2007-07-26, 12:31 AM
Any hot asian girl will work.

That is merely the basic. Miko so far has appeared often, and front and center. You put some meek little mouse in there and the movie will bomb. Miko needs to able to dominate the stage.

Kyrsix
2007-07-26, 06:50 AM
:roy: Wayne Brady seems perfect for the part
:haley: This is a tough one, but I'm gonna have to go with Kirsten Dunst, mostly just because I can't think of anyone better.
:durkon: If you can get him out of retirement, Sean Connery would be great
:elan: / :nale: Owen Wilson
:vaarsuvius: hm... I'd have to go with Johnny Depp on this one
:belkar: Jack Black, or Jason Lee

:thog: Michael Clarke Duncan
:sabine: I dunno, Halley Berry maybe? Or how about Beyonce? This is a tough one...

:xykon: While John Cleese would be a great choice, for some reason I imagine him sounding like Dan Castellaneta
:redcloak: Either Alan Rickman, or Rowan Atkinson
:mitd: I'm thinking either the voice of Will Ferrel or John Travolta (come on, think about it, Travolta would be awesome as MitD)
:roach: Voiced by Eddie Murphy, and Robin Williams

:miko: I don't know that many Asian actresses, but I'm leaning towards Ziyi Zhang as well
Hinjo: Maybe Jet Li? I'm not sure, this is a tough one
Shojo: Since this is a fantasy casting, I think we should be able to choose any actor from any era. Thus I'm bending the rules a bit and casting the late Pat Morita as Shojo, as he would've been perfect for the role. Otherwise, my vote goes to Jackie Chan.
O-Chul: I'm not sure how old O-chul is supposed to be, but I think Patrick Stewart would perform well, despite not being Asian.

Eugene Greenhilt: Either Samuel L. Jackson (who may be a bit too young) or James Avery (the uncle in Fresh Prince). Like many others have pointed out, Morgan Freeman is also a good choice.
Julio Scoundrel: Cary Elwes. Hands down.

Iron Robin
2007-07-26, 08:44 AM
For me, :vaarsuvius: always seemed well-suited to Tara Strong's Raven (Teen Titans) voice. Feminine, but could easily be an effeminate guy, cultured and a bit arrogant.

:nale: just screams Sean Bean to me. Not sure who would be :elan: although logic suggests that it also be Sean Bean. I'm not sure that Bean is suited to Elan, but with all of Nale's evil plans and his love of monologues, he's a pefect fit in my mind.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-26, 09:03 AM
My comments in bold

For me, :vaarsuvius: always seemed well-suited to Tara Strong's Raven (Teen Titans) voice. Feminine, but could easily be an effeminate guy, cultured and a bit arrogant.

Yes, but the masculine-meter would have to slide just one notch up, and then I completely agree, perfect. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5027281903949824183&q=Raven+teen+titans&total=3370&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3 One concern though: http://www.mkbmemorial.com/TOTS/ if we're doing live action, it would be difficult for her to pull off androgynous. I suppose that with some FLOWING robes and lots of make-up and a good wig, etc., anything is possible.

:nale: just screams Sean Bean to me. Not sure who would be :elan: although logic suggests that it also be Sean Bean. I'm not sure that Bean is suited to Elan, but with all of Nale's evil plans and his love of monologues, he's a pefect fit in my mind.

I agree on the :nale: Yes :elan: No angle for Sean Bean. Dead on.

Rajhiim
2007-07-26, 09:08 AM
Miko doesnt have to be Asian you know... I think Catherine Zeta Jones would be a nice Miko...

OH you know who else would be a great Miko -- that actress from MI-III, the one who drove the Ferrari! (Maggie Denise Quigley )

Deuce
2007-07-26, 09:13 AM
:xykon: - I'm sticking with the same name I always trot out for these threads - John Lithgow (Voice).

:redcloak: - Alan Rickman (Voice). I'm thinking of him in Dogma, and HHGttG.

:mitd: - Seth Green. Has the disaffected teen thing down.

stabbybelkar
2007-07-26, 08:25 PM
in animation roy's dad is the person who did this guy http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo

GrayMatter
2007-07-26, 09:45 PM
How is Michael Dorn on acting without makeup these days?

Ohh, if anything, I think Xykon. He'd be hilarious doing Xykon's self-centered sarcasm with his voice.

GrayMatter
2007-07-26, 09:47 PM
Will Smith would be a good one.

Dave Chappelle would be super funny but it would ruin the movie.

What about a Wayans brother?

LL Cool J...?

Omar Epps -- another good one.

Will or a Wayans brother could definitely do the intelligent, sarcastic leadership of Roy. Plus pull off the Celia and Miko parts with style :)

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-07-27, 11:47 AM
If you can't think of someone for Vaar, then find someone who has a voice that is just regular sound, no pitch or gender-like.:smallbiggrin:

:furious: Member of the-club-that-doesn't-exist-who-like-to-yell:furious:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-27, 01:58 PM
Enclosed in the link below is one of the greatest battles between dashing swordsmen of all time. I would cast Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya) as Julio Scoundrel and Cary Elwes (the man in black, Westley) as Elan. Absolutely.

p.s. Some dialogue may not make sense because the whole scene isn't there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLegjDI6hp4

Emperor Ing
2007-07-27, 02:07 PM
As cool as the vid is, their voices wouldnt do good as OOTS voices, maybe as Sapphire Guardsmen...but thats it
Gragggh! Me bash gooder than you! :furious:

29!!!!!!!!111!!one!1one

Silverpearl
2007-07-28, 07:51 AM
I think Cary Elwes would be a great voice for Xykon....He made such a great evil uncle in Ella Enchanted...

acgabs
2007-07-29, 04:55 AM
Was just browsing around out of boredom, and had a funny idea. What about David Bowie as Vaarsuvius? He should be pretty good with different voices, too ;)

Rajhiim
2007-07-30, 03:22 PM
Cuba Gooding Jr. would make a good Roy too.

TheMeanDM
2007-07-30, 03:46 PM

David Bowie

His work in Labyrinth (while old) is fun...plus, how androgenous do you want him to be? Ziggy Stardust?

TheMeanDM
2007-07-30, 04:49 PM
Roy:
Oddly enough, I think Ice Cube might be able to pull it off.
He's got a decent build to him, and he can be all "bad ass" if he needs/wants to be..plus he can be a bit comical when called upon.

Ghosts of Mars (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228333/) isn't an outstanding movie...but I think he's pretty decent in it.

Xykon:

If I had to have just a "voice" for Xykon, fueling the CGI of the would-be-world-conqurer....I'd vote for Nicol Williamson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932116/).

I loved him in Excalibur.

EntilZha
2007-07-30, 11:01 PM
Samantha: Emily Browning

Tower
2007-07-31, 06:35 AM
Roy : Michael Dorn (Worf) or the commander off Deep Space Nine I'm not a Trekkie but those guys could pull it off

Durkon : Guy who played Gimli

Elan : Carey Elwes Wesley From Princess Bride
Maybe David Wenham (300, Friar in Van Helsing, Faramir in LotR)

Belkar : John Leguisimo (sp?) Played the Clown in Spawn
: Verne Troyer

Haley : Shannon Elizabeth (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) or
Cameron Diaz (I 'm thinking Princess Fiona)

V : Hilary Swank or Felicity Huffmann (Transamerica)

Xykon : Christopher Walken or Bruce Campbell in Evil Ash Mode
Redcloak : Jason Lee or Steve Carell
MitD : Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller

Nale : Sean Bean or Carey Elwes
Sabine : Angeline Jolie or Salma Hayek
Thog : Voice should be the guy who did Minsc in Baldurs' GAte

Shojo : Since Mako died (Aku from Samurai Jack), George Takei
Miko : Lucy Liu / Devon Aoki
HInjo : Japanese Guy from Heroes
Roy's Dad : The old guard out of Night at The Museum

Alyorbase
2007-07-31, 07:25 AM
Ok guys please don't kill me for this...:smalltongue:

Belkar: Gerard Butler (watch 300 and you'll see why...he'd be perfect for the Sexy Shoeless God of War. He also plays an angry psychopath in "Phantom of the Opera) However Gerard Butler's voice doesn't quite fit the role as well as I'd like.

::Hides:: :smalleek:

Heineken
2007-07-31, 08:24 PM
:belkar: : Ben Stiller

I think he´s got the looks.

PLUS

I don´t know any actor who had more legendary one-liners.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. NOBODY!" etc...

EntilZha
2007-07-31, 11:10 PM
A couple I thought of today:

:roy: Andre Braugher

:elan: / :nale: Simon Pegg

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-31, 11:31 PM
Roy : Michael Dorn (Worf) or the commander off Deep Space Nine I'm not a Trekkie but those guys could pull it off

Durkon : Guy who played Gimli

Elan : Carey Elwes Wesley From Princess Bride
Maybe David Wenham (300, Friar in Van Helsing, Faramir in LotR)

Belkar : John Leguisimo (sp?) Played the Clown in Spawn
: Verne Troyer

Haley : Shannon Elizabeth (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) or
Cameron Diaz (I 'm thinking Princess Fiona)

V : Hilary Swank or Felicity Huffmann (Transamerica)

Xykon : Christopher Walken or Bruce Campbell in Evil Ash Mode
Redcloak : Jason Lee or Steve Carell
MitD : Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller

Nale : Sean Bean or Carey Elwes
Sabine : Angeline Jolie or Salma Hayek
Thog : Voice should be the guy who did Minsc in Baldurs' GAte

Shojo : Since Mako died (Aku from Samurai Jack), George Takei
Miko : Lucy Liu / Devon Aoki
HInjo : Japanese Guy from Heroes
Roy's Dad : The old guard out of Night at The Museum

OF COURSE! Minsc as Thog! Perfect! Oh, and his name is Jim Cummings. You probably wouldn't guess that he also does the voices of Tigger and Pooh, however.

EntilZha
2007-08-06, 09:13 PM
Another possibility for :elan: / :nale: :

Eric Johnson (the new Flash Gordon)

renfrow
2007-08-07, 04:32 PM
As an animated movie, for Belkar: the guy who voiced Syndrome in 'The Incredibles'. Imagine his voice for the last panel of 219 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0219.html).

Tom.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-07, 05:11 PM
Roy : I think Dwayne Johnson really would be best.

Durkon : I can't decide. Someone fairly old.

Elan : probably David Wenham, but I'm not sure.

Belkar :
As an animated movie, for Belkar: the guy who voiced Syndrome in 'The Incredibles'. I actually really have to agree. He has the perfect combination of frustration and maniacalness. Maybe they could switch to a different voice (like, say Vin Diesel or someone else intimidating) during some of the battles. Vin Diesel's voice would be perfect for the "Sexy shoeless god of war" line.

Haley : The girl from Firefly who everyone was mentioning

V : Tilda Swinton

Xykon : Jack Nicholson
Redcloak : Hugo Weaving
MitD : Will Ferrell

Nale : Sean Bean, absolutely
Sabine : Halle Berry
Thog : Jim Cummings, or Michael Clarke Duncan, or maybe Adam Sandler if he wasn't too shrill

Shojo : George Takei
Miko : Devon Aoki
Hinjo : Jet Li
O-Chul: Chow Yun-Fat
Roy's Dad : Morgan Freeman

dragon_masterd
2007-08-07, 05:20 PM
Roy: Will smith
Elan/Nale: Owen Wilson
Haley:Bonnie Wright
Thats All I got now

TroyXavier
2007-08-07, 05:22 PM
Jason Lee is the voice of Syndrome (as well as Underdog in the new movie) He'd be great as Belkar.

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-07, 07:59 PM
Haley:Bonnie Wright
Dude, she's sixteen.......

EDIT: someone I might consider, though, is Rachael Henley...

Jeriah
2007-08-07, 11:51 PM
Roy is only cool because he's already played by Samuel L. Jackson.

Playing the part of Roy is the only reason Samuel L. Jackson became popular.

It's that whole chicken or egg thing.

Purple_cloack
2007-08-08, 05:01 AM
:miko: That chick from Crouching tiger hidden dragon, that evil chick.
:mitd: Jim Carrey
:elan:/:nale: Johny Depp
:haley: MJ's actress from spider-man or Milla Jojovich
:vaarsuvius: Cate Blanchet
:xykon: Lawrence Makoare
:belkar: Verne troyers (what, he is small?)
:roy: maybe....Will Smith (NO!)?
:durkon: John Rhys-davies.
:thog: Cookie-monster
:sabine: Halle Berry
:redcloak: Lawrence Makoare
Shojo: Robin Williams
Eugene greenhilt: Morgan Freeman

beholder
2007-08-08, 05:19 AM
charlie hunnam has to play belkar. look at his pic on wiki. he must be belkar. everything is perfect for him n belkar. violence, accent, etc.

Acyberexile
2007-08-08, 07:54 AM
:roy: Marlon Wayans. We know he is a comical actor, he can do the sarcasm, and he also proved himself as a serious actor too.
:haley: Keira Knightley? I'm not exactly sure about this one though. (Then again, there is this (http://www.posterwire.com/wp-content/images/keira_knightley.jpg))
:elan: / :nale: Tobey Maguire. Definetely Tobey Maguire, he can pull both that mastermind and the childish stuff, as seen in Spider-Man 3.
:belkar: Jack Nicholson? We saw him act completely psychotic without losing his sense of humor, didn't we? ("Wendy, darling, light of my life. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not going hurt you, I'm just going to bash your brains in"). So I think he's a perfect choice, at least for voicing.
:durkon: Everyone's going with Rhys-Davies, but I think it's not important who's acting. Put any bearded guy there and have James Cromwell voice it.
:vaarsuvius: Tilda Swinton. Imagine her with purple hair, it would be perfect.
Hinjo: Christian Bale. Imagine this (http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/02/49/34/image_4934492.jpg) with blue hair and goatee.

Bad Guys:

:xykon: CGI, voiced by Robin Williams.
:redcloak: CGI, voiced by Hugh Jackman.
:mitd: voiced by Mark Hammill.
:sabine: Jada Pinkett Smith. We knows she can both pull off humor, sadistic sarcasm and badass looks.
:thog: CGI, voiced by Maurice La Marche

Hagentai
2007-08-08, 05:00 PM

I think it's an awesome idea. Crap it's a d and d Movie you know it would suck on principle why fight it?

Ithekro
2007-08-08, 06:30 PM
Actually it would be a D and D comedy. Fighting it is pointless.

I think Jack Nicholson is too old for Belkar now. Good choice, but a little late. Now if this was animated or voice over work, then maybe. But then you don't need Jack, you can get probably one of a dozen actors that can do that sort of work with just their voices.

EntilZha
2007-08-08, 08:51 PM
:roy: Marlon Wayans. We know he is a comical actor, he can do the sarcasm, and he also proved himself as a serious actor too.
:haley: Keira Knightley? I'm not exactly sure about this one though. (Then again, there is this (http://www.posterwire.com/wp-content/images/keira_knightley.jpg))
:elan: / :nale: Tobey Maguire. Definetely Tobey Maguire, he can pull both that mastermind and the childish stuff, as seen in Spider-Man 3.
:belkar: Jack Nicholson? We saw him act completely psychotic without losing his sense of humor, didn't we? ("Wendy, darling, light of my life. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not going hurt you, I'm just going to bash your brains in"). So I think he's a perfect choice, at least for voicing.
:durkon: Everyone's going with Rhys-Davies, but I think it's not important who's acting. Put any bearded guy there and have James Cromwell voice it.
:vaarsuvius: Tilda Swinton. Imagine her with purple hair, it would be perfect.
Hinjo: Christian Bale. Imagine this (http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/02/49/34/image_4934492.jpg) with blue hair and goatee.

Bad Guys:

:xykon: CGI, voiced by Robin Williams.
:redcloak: CGI, voiced by Hugh Jackman.
:sabine: Jada Pinkett Smith. We knows she can both pull off humor, sadistic sarcasm and badass looks.
:thog: CGI, voiced by Maurice La Marche

NO!!! No Wayans brothers in another D&D movie. There was one in the original movie, and it SUCKED!!!

SteveMB
2007-08-08, 09:01 PM

Based on his voice acting as the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series, I'd go for :xykon: voiced by Mark Hammill.

FoE
2007-08-08, 10:11 PM
Based on his voice acting as the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series, I'd go for :xykon: voiced by Mark Hamill.

That's what I said! But no one agreed with mmmeeeeeeeee…

(Runs upstairs, crying)

Pyro
2007-08-08, 10:17 PM
Why does everyone also go for live action? It just wouldn't be Order of the Stick without the stick figures. I couldn't imagine it any other way

PaladinFreak
2007-08-08, 10:44 PM
I would go for Animation done by Rich, but I don't know if I could pick any voice actors.

Fawkes
2007-08-08, 10:55 PM
Christopher Walken as Shojo.

Let it simmer.

EntilZha
2007-08-09, 07:19 AM
I would go for Animation done by Rich, but I don't know if I could pick any voice actors.

:belkar: Denis Leary
:durkon: Billy Connolly
:xykon: Jeremy Kemp
:elan: / :nale: Alan Tudyk
:roy: Andre Braugher or Mykelti Williamson

Just for starters.

SteveMB
2007-08-09, 08:53 AM

(Runs upstairs, crying)

Ah, I missed that post. Oh, well, it shows that GMTA.

Dj HellGum
2007-08-09, 01:24 PM
Tilda Swinton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842770/) is the perfect actress for V :smallsmile:

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-14, 05:15 PM
Tilda Swinton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842770/) is the perfect actress for V :smallsmile:

yea but what if V is a dude?

PhallicWarrior
2007-08-14, 09:35 PM
The Live-Action OotS
:roy:: Leonard Roberts
:durkon:: Ewan McGregor. Why? Because he's a young dwarf in love.
:vaarsuvius:: Tilda Swinton
:haley:: Jewel Staite
:elan:: Owen Wilson
:belkar:: Hugh Jackman, Hobbitified.

The Live-Action Team Evil
:xykon:: Christopher Lee or Ian McKellan. Either one would be hilarious.
:redcloak:: Hugh Laurie:smallbiggrin:
:mitd:: Will Ferrell
:roach:: Rosie O'Donnell, Robin Williams, Eminem, Ice Cube, John Stewart, Steven Colbert, Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler, Masi Oka. :smallbiggrin:

The Live-Action Linear Guild
:nale:: See Elan.
:sabine:: Jada Pinkett Smith
:thog:: Vin Diesel

The Live Action Supporting Cast
:miko:: Devon Aoki
Hinjo: Takeshi Kaneshiro
Shojo: George Takei
O'Chul: Jackie Chan
Lien: Nikky Griffin
Kazumi Kato: Ziyi Zhang
Daigo: Rick Yune

The Live-Action Extras
The Lawyers: John Cusack and Pidgeon John.
Thor: Chuck Norris
Loki: Edge
Odin: Sean Connery

Hyrael
2007-08-15, 12:31 AM
For Roy, I think the ideal actor would be Donald Faison (turk from scrubs). He's got the right appearance (bald works for him, with that enormous shiny head of his), and decent acting skills, as far as I can judge. If he can manage Roy's deadpan sarcasm and seriousness (Turk and Roy are very different) he would be perfect. I'm sick of peoplee suggesting SLJ for roy. HE's Too Friggin OLD, people!! Roy is in his late twenties, not fifities. SLJ can pull of early forties, but no less.

And, while we're on the subject of Scrubs, How about Sarah Chalke as Celia and a dye-Jobbed Zack Braff as Elan?

Dj HellGum
2007-08-15, 08:37 AM
yea but what if V is a dude?

But actually Tilda Swinton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842770/) looks like a "androgynous" guy, you know a girl who looks like a boy.
Well, it's because, for myself, I always like to see V, as a Tomboy, and don't misunderstand me. Tilda Swinton looks like a Tomboy, if you remember Constantine, the movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360486/). She was an angel, and angel has no gender. And V has NO gender, so that's why I thought that maybe Tilda Swinton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842770/) can be V.

But, hey!, who knows, maybe if Rich sell a script of OOTS to hallmark channel, they decide who can play V :smalltongue:

Dj HellGum
2007-08-15, 08:43 AM

(Runs upstairs, crying)

I agree, I like Mark Hamill (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/), he is a perfect actor, that he merely deserve to be Xykon :smallbiggrin:

Heliomance
2007-08-15, 09:44 AM
Roy: Possibly SLJ, dunno. Actually, I think Craig Charles could do a hilarious Roy.
Haley: Best I can think of is Kirsten Dunst.
Elan/Nale: I think Zach Braff could do it well, or there was someone else whose name has now slipped my mind.
Durkon: Sean Connery would be perfect. Failing that, Gimli.
Belkar: I was thinking Jack Black, but Syndrome fits him too well to pass up.
V: I think I'll have to go with Johnny Depp.

Roaches: Definitely Eddie Murphy. No contest.
Julio Scoundrel: Inigo Montoya works, but I also think Dustin Hoffman could pull it off ridiculously well.
Hinjo: Has anyone considered David Tennant?
Shojo: I'd go for Robert de Niro, I think.
Miko: I think Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Garner could do her well.
O-Chul: Possibly Bill Nighy?
Eugene: Morgan Freeman. No-one else, definitely Morgan.
Xykon: I'd say Christopher Lee or Ian McKellan. Both good choices from PW.
Redcloak: I could see Hugo Weaving doing it. That or Alan Rickman.
Celia: Natalie Portman
MitD: Not sure. Maybe Robin Williams, I don't know.
Sabine: Halle Berry.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-11-03, 10:10 AM
For some reason was thinking on this and these names just sprang to my head...

Roy - Avery Brooks
Haley - Bryce Dallas Howard
Durkon - Michael Chiklis
V - Carrie-Anne Moss
Elan - Owen Wilson
Belkar - ...he's the only one that doesn't come to mind.

Fussy
2007-11-03, 11:55 AM
Johnny Depp as V.

Act it like a magical version of Captain Jack Sparrow and you've got one very ambiguous sexuality

RMS Oceanic
2007-11-03, 03:48 PM
The Voice of Eric Greenhilt: Nicholas Bird, son of Brad Bird (Incredibles, Ratatouille) and voice of Squirt the Turtle (Finding Nemo) and the little kid that watches Mr Incredible lift his car.

Anybody agree?

Greg
2007-11-03, 05:20 PM

You would need someone androgynous - Sigourney Weaver?

Belkar - maybe Joe Pesci? He does psychotic well.

I'd love to see Jet Li as Hinjo.

Lord
2007-11-03, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Deepblue706;2902361]
Elan/Nale: Keanu Reeves
QUOTE]

Uh... okay
Keanu reeves may be good at playing the ignorant fool {Neo anyone.} but not Elan's type of ignorant fool.

Corncracker
2007-11-03, 09:38 PM
Christopher Walkin could make a good Shojo, though I'd prefer to see him as Xycon. He can play an awesome comical Villian (Balls of Fury).

That, and I can so picture him saying "I think I just had an Evilgasm."

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-03, 10:03 PM
Xykon : Jack Nicholson

You just beat me to it SurlySeraph. Jack Ncholson plays great charming and intelligent psychopaths and he'd probably make a great undead sorcerous one as well.