PDA

View Full Version : Legacy???

Ceridan
2007-07-18, 02:07 PM
I was looking at the nine swords in the back of the tomb of battle. It states that after completing a ritual you gain a (least, lesser, or greater) Legacy feat. As I do not have the weapons of legacy book I was hoping that someone could exsplain or link me to what these do.

I do like the idea of using a/an exspensive ritual/training to garner additional feats, assuming that is what this is?

Fax Celestis
2007-07-18, 03:02 PM
Completing the ritual gives you the requisite legacy feat as a bonus feat.

Ceridan
2007-07-18, 03:05 PM
Completing the ritual gives you the requisite legacy feat as a bonus feat.

I was hoping to find out what these feats do?

WhyBother
2007-07-18, 03:15 PM
Each Weapon of Legacy has a Least, Lesser, and Greater power. What that power is/does is specific to the weapon. to use the power, you must posses the corresponding feat. Access to the feat is granted by performing an appropriate ritual (as outlined in the description of the ritual). The idea is that each weapon of legacy has its own unique powers that it's gained over the course of its legendary existence, and that you can gain access to those powers by embracing its legacy. In other words, they're themed magic weapons that grow in power with the wielder, rather than being sold off or traded in for a more powerful magic weapon later.

EDIT: oh, and it goes without saying there are prerequisites you must meet before you can complete each ritual, but I don't know remember if they're entirely weapon-specific, entirely level-based, or a combination of them.

Fax Celestis
2007-07-18, 03:27 PM
I was hoping to find out what these feats do?

They grant you access to the abilities of the weapon. That's it.

Dausuul
2007-07-18, 05:32 PM
Each Weapon of Legacy has a Least, Lesser, and Greater power. What that power is/does is specific to the weapon. to use the power, you must posses the corresponding feat. Access to the feat is granted by performing an appropriate ritual (as outlined in the description of the ritual). The idea is that each weapon of legacy has its own unique powers that it's gained over the course of its legendary existence, and that you can gain access to those powers by embracing its legacy. In other words, they're themed magic weapons that grow in power with the wielder, rather than being sold off or traded in for a more powerful magic weapon later.

Of course, as I recall, it never actually says which powers are Least, Lesser, or Greater...

Fax Celestis
2007-07-18, 05:33 PM
Of course, as I recall, it never actually says which powers are Least, Lesser, or Greater...

It does. Least covers 5-10, Lesser covers 11-15, Greater covers 16-20.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-18, 06:12 PM
I didn't have weapons of legacy either, but that's exactly what I guessed. Yay!

horseboy
2007-07-18, 06:15 PM

EDIT: oh, and it goes without saying there are prerequisites you must meet before you can complete each ritual, but I don't know remember if they're entirely weapon-specific, entirely level-based, or a combination of them.

So they're thread items.

Diggorian
2007-07-18, 06:45 PM
Correct if I'm wrong, but doesnt the beginning of ToB's chapter on the Nine Swords explain Legacy weapons? :smallconfused:

Arbitrarity
2007-07-18, 06:46 PM
Yes, but it doesn't explain what the least, lesser, greater abilities do. I have it right in front of me.

Diggorian
2007-07-18, 08:41 PM
It seems like they wrote the entry assuming folks knew the basics of Legacy Weapons. Not good writing on their part.

As Fax mentions earlier,

So take Kamate pg. 137, doing the First Forge Ritual pg 138 opens up abilities for levels 5-10th for Kamate on that page (bottom left chart). You can use any of those first six if you are the required wielder level. Holding Sky unlocks 11-15th abilities. Standing Ready to Die opens 16-20th level stuff.

prufock
2007-07-18, 08:55 PM

Minor correction: Least covers 5-10, Lesser covers 11-16, Greater covers 17-20.

Ceridan
2007-07-18, 11:24 PM
Thanks to all for the help. It all seems so clear now.