PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Systems

RustyNails
2017-01-06, 08:29 PM
I've yet to come across any really good vehicle systems for D&D 3.5. I've checked out d20 Modern vehicles, a bit of homebrew stuff, and A&EG, and none of it really seems coherent or consistent across the 3.5 system.
Does anyone have a favourite vehicle system to recommend? I'm keeping it fantasy, not going too modern with jet fighters and such.

kuhaica
2017-01-06, 10:06 PM
Star Wars Saga Edition has a good system for Vehicles. It's mostly ment for air and space battles. But does work nicely for fleet combat in the high seas. But won't be much help for ground vehicles unless there large ground vehicles which move faster then people.

But I could help out more if you give some more information on exactly what you are looking for.

DreganHiregard
2017-01-10, 10:05 AM
Pathfinder actually has a vehicle system, and since it's just a spruced up version of 3.5 it's super easy to convert.

You can check it out here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/vehicles

It's pretty indepth and as an added bonus comes with stats for a ton of different vehicles already. Hope this helped!

Pleh
2017-01-10, 10:19 AM
Star Wars Saga Edition has a good system for Vehicles. It's mostly ment for air and space battles. But does work nicely for fleet combat in the high seas. But won't be much help for ground vehicles unless there large ground vehicles which move faster then people.

But I could help out more if you give some more information on exactly what you are looking for.

I second this advice. I had some fun not long ago interpreting starships as cavernous structures built by dwarves and enchanted with flying, air containment, and teleportation that were controlled by magic crystals on the bridge.