PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing repairing of a warforged with stipulations..

animewatcha
2017-01-07, 01:23 AM
This is a bit of a thought experiment. Race: Warforged. This warforged will be repairing themself with no help from others. How high can we make x particular craft check to repair themself?

Restrictions are as follows:
No class abilities.
No Spells. Unless spells are coming from an item such as an eternal wand.
No feats unless required for item.
No race abilities in any way shape or form. This warforged is staying a warforged.
No Templates unless the template is to modify an item ( such as a hellforged mace ).
No psionics.
No tome of battle maneuvers and such.
This is meant to be open to ANY class that is willing to spend their WBL on it.
If someone is helping, they are subject to same restriction.

Exception to above can be cases like dvati's bonus to aid other.
MAgic items are a yes.

I know of items like masterwork artisans' tools and warforged repair kit ( together providing +4 circumstance ). What other things can be done to pump the check up as high as possible with this kind of arrangement.

Rules for warforged from eberron campaign setting page 46. repair is 8 hour. Result equals craft check minus 15. Can take 10, but cannot take 20.

Novolin
2017-01-07, 02:50 AM
Why so many restrictions

torrasque666
2017-01-07, 03:15 AM
They probably already have a character and are trying to boost this one particular area without modifying their build.

Ah, wait. I see it. "This is meant to be open to ANY class that is willing to spend their WBL on it." They want this exercise to be as class/race/build neutral as possible.

animewatcha
2017-01-09, 12:39 AM
They want this exercise to be as class/race/build neutral as possible.[/COLOR]

Pretty much this.

Ashtagon
2017-01-09, 02:56 AM
No class abilities? Can I at least spend the skill points granted to me by levels in a class?

Mordaedil
2017-01-09, 03:05 AM
I would look at Heal skill and apply it as a "Craft (Self-repair)" check. No reason to make it overly complicated, it's already rough enough to play a warforged.