PDA

View Full Version : More help with swordsages

dyslexicfaser
2007-07-18, 03:02 PM
I just recently acquired ToB, and I was looking to give it a try.

I'm looking to build one of the unarmed swordsage variants, somewhere in the ballpark of 4-8th level. I was imagining him as one of those kung-fu-flipping, gravity-defying Tiger Claw builds with the +jumping stance.

Now my question(s): what feats would go well with that sort of character? Would he benefit from a few levels in monk, or even ninja, or would that just be superfluous? For that kind of guy, should I go Tiger Claw all the way, or would other disciplines improve it?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Douglas
2007-07-18, 04:34 PM
For a Swordsage, Monk and Ninja are usually a bad idea unless you have a very specific requirement that they help you satisfy earlier, and even then you have to think about whether it's worth slowing down your access to more and better maneuvers.

Adaptive Style is almost a must-have for Swordsages because it lets you regain all your expended maneuvers with a single full round action rather than just one per round.

There are too many good things in all the disciplines to limit yourself to just one. Yes, you can concentrate on one that suits your style particularly well, but you should look at what's available in the other disciplines too.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-18, 06:22 PM
Setting sun, tiger claw, diamond mind, all fit well into the "speed" category. Deserwind could, if you have the manuvers, and shadow hand is nice for the "ninja" aspect. A monk-like character should probably focus on the first 3.