PDA

View Full Version : Let's make ourselves into (self-deprecating) spells!

Clopin Silk
2017-01-07, 05:01 PM
Recently, I saw the thread where GiTP regulars were made into spells, and that got me thinking; what sort of spell would I result in? I'm no regular, but I think my posts and general disposition lend themselves to one idea. So, here it is.
Clopin Silk's Endearing Ignorant Enquiry.
I... don't know enough mechanically to write up appropriate levels or casting times, but this is a sorcerer and bard spell, and te duration is 1 hour per level
Clopin Silk was a nice enough sort, never tried to start any trouble, decently creative, and he had his heart in the right place, but, well, he wasn't really the most knowledgable sort. At least, that's the polite way of putting it. People inclined to more... indelicate assessments would use terms like 'clueless', 'thicker than a yard of lard', or 'like an orc, only without the muscles'. The simple fact was that he was tragically uninformed about pretty much everything important. Which is why he came up with his magnum opus. A spell that allowed him to make use of his ignorance, overwhelming people with sympathy, and a desire to tell the poor sap, at the very least, enough to stop him from getting himself killed.
When cast, Clopin Silk's Endearingly Ignorant Enquiry makes it so that, for the spells duration, if the caster asks someone with a higher combined INT+WIS than the caster for advice or information, they must pass a Will save or else be compelled to accommodate. The Will save is as follows: 20 if good-aligned, 18 if neutral, 15 if evil, and 10 if hostile. Additionally, the will save's DC is increased by the difference between the caster's combined INT+WIS and the combined INT+WIS of the individual making the save.

So, that's my spell. The logic is that I'm pretty clueless about most aspects of D&D, woefully inexperienced as I am. So, if anyone else wants to make a spell based around their own shortcomings, go ahead!