PDA

View Full Version : The White Queen

Kaelaroth
2007-07-18, 03:36 PM
Emma Frost. I know she has problems. I have read most of the stuff she has been in.

But, what I would like to know is this. Do you guys think she is evil/good/misguided/other?

I look forward to your answers.

gatitcz
2007-07-18, 04:14 PM
She is slowly getting redeemed and will continue being good until some writer decides he liked her better when she was bad and has her fall again.

Griemont
2007-07-18, 04:28 PM
Yes, the default answer to all of these kind of questions; depends on the writer. Which is really a shame, but that's the way it is. :smallfrown:

Grod_The_Giant
2007-07-18, 09:04 PM
"I'm getting better!"

North
2007-07-18, 09:08 PM
She was semi evil before.

Now it really depends on whos writing her.

now she switches between evil and redemption.

I like her the best when they have her on the good side but still doing it the "bad" way

Grod_The_Giant
2007-07-18, 10:26 PM
man, anti-heroes are overrated and over-used. Someone like Superman is a much better hero and inspiration. The extent of 'anti-hero-ness' I can stand is someone who doesn't like to, but won't hesitate to, kill.

North
2007-07-18, 10:35 PM
Thats the thing tho is I dont count her as a hero, villain or anti-hero

She used to be a villain. Then she tried to be a hero. Now shes just a superpowered hottie who gets dragged into fights by her husband and history.

Gavin Sage
2007-07-20, 08:44 PM
I tolerate Emma for the simple reason that I don't want to read the bad story that brings Jean Grey back....

Rob Knotts
2007-07-20, 08:58 PM
I've always seen the White Queen as part of Claremont's dominatrix/goddess fixation (Phoenix, Storm, Phoenix, Super-Rogue, Phoenix, Goblin Queen, Phoenix...). Makes it hard to get a good picture of what Emma's core character is nowadays without ignoring all the material Claremont wrote involving her.

Logic
2007-07-20, 11:09 PM
man, anti-heroes are overrated and over-used. Someone like Superman is a much better hero and inspiration. The extent of 'anti-hero-ness' I can stand is someone who doesn't like to, but won't hesitate to, kill.

The problem with so many anti-heroes these days, is someone decided that anti-heroes are more "realistic" and "gritty" and are still in the mindset that "gritty" and "realistic" is what sells comic books.

Now, I don't mind Moon Knight, and Punisher, and to a lesser extent, Batman. But there are a few too many if you ask me, and most barely differentiate themselves from the "core" or "classic" antiheroes.

Sometimes it is just better to have a comic written about Superman beating the crap out of Luthor.

On Emma Frost herself, I think she is an arrogant *****, and I don't see why Scott should put up with her. I doubt she will stay a hero for too long. I am sure some writer has designs on her being a baddie again.

I am also waiting for someone to decide that Mystique is better as a villian.

Essex
2007-07-20, 11:46 PM
I am also waiting for someone to decide that Mystique is better as a villian.

That already happened. The last issue of X-Men had Mystique betray the team and join the newest version of the Marauders.

Logic
2007-07-21, 12:40 AM
That already happened. The last issue of X-Men had Mystique betray the team and join the newest version of the Marauders.

Last issue as in how recent? The August Issue? July? She seemed to be on their side for the registration during Civil War.

Beleriphon
2007-07-21, 06:40 AM
Last issue as in how recent? The August Issue? July? She seemed to be on their side for the registration during Civil War.

Whichever big event the X-Men books currently have. Xtinction or something equally grammar breaking.

Essex
2007-07-21, 09:37 AM

X-Men #200 (part 1 of the Endangered Species crossover). #201 is scheduled to come out next Wednesday.

TheThan
2007-07-21, 02:16 PM
I always thought that she was coolest as a villain. Especially when you stop and notice that there are very few super-cool villains in comic books.

Frost was one of them, that they just decided to make a hero… and that irks me slightly.

It’s like "what? Sabertooth's now a good guy? what the heck is with that?

Kaelaroth
2007-07-21, 03:30 PM
I thought Sabretooth was only good in The Exiles thingummy.

Well, in my opinion, The White Queen is immensely confused. Although, I much much much preferred her when in her villain form. And when her darkness re-surfaced with X-23.