PDA

View Full Version : Optimization A Interesting Idea about an Intelligent weapon, hopefully....

Zaylen
2017-01-08, 02:46 AM
I had this idea for an intelligent weapon, a greatsword that could consume various magic items and use thier abilities. The way I envision it is that transforms the item into a crystal for a slot built into the design of the sword. I'm trying to decide how that transformation from item to crystal would work and what kind cost should go with it. I came with up with this to create a single weapon that can be upgrade with a character whom progresses into higher levels. FYI I'm only a beginner in DMing if at all. Any ideas?

Azoth
2017-01-08, 03:45 AM
Sounds like one of the Legendary Items out of Steel forge by Dreams carried Press. Razor the Warrior's Weapon. Basically it eats other magical weapons and can change its enchantments up to its maximum enchantment amount (based on character level), between those it has eaten. The play test document is still up so, incoming obligatory link...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SrB0WBi4eCsZ990MtH4NlLzFuQzTpYRNuNg2EaK6YnU/mobilebasic

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-08, 02:23 PM
You could grant it a unique Greater Power that works the same way that the Artificer class from the Eberron campaign setting does, but limited to destroying wrapons (by transmuting them to these special crystals) and enhancing itself.

Zaylen
2017-01-08, 09:57 PM
Azoth, I was not aware of this, I'm gonna go read it and see if it works out for what I had in mind.

Mr. Adventurer, I going to have read more on the artificer class and its capabilities.

Thanks!