PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5e drayd wife and living space

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-01-08, 05:00 AM
how can I live with a dryad in a place with no trees?

this town is near a forest but it is to dangerous to live in.

Inevitability
2017-01-08, 05:28 AM
Lifewood trinket/Acorn of Far Travel?

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-01-08, 05:36 AM
Lifewood trinket/Acorn of Far Travel?

I can't find it.

Inevitability
2017-01-08, 05:51 AM
Acorn of Far Travel.

Lifewood is a special material from Eberron. Essentially, it's wood that stays alive after it's cut down. It stops growing (though a Plant Growth spell still affects it) but a dryad inhabiting it doesn't die.

Crake
2017-01-08, 06:29 AM
Is lifewood made, or is it a particular species of tree? Because if it's a species, then it's of no use unless the dryad was born tied to that particular tree. Acorn of far travel is useful to let a dryad venture from her tree, but I suspect she wouldn't want to leave it on a more permanent basis to live with a spouse. What's stopping you from uprooting her tree and replanting it near where you want to live?

Nifft
2017-01-08, 06:36 AM
how can I live with a dryad in a place with no trees?

Plant some damn trees.

Buy a house with a courtyard and put trees in it.

Use your crazy Adventurer GP to donate funds for a public park with trees in it.

Convince the local general that marching in the shade is preferable to marching in sunlight, and therefore all major roadways should have lovely oak trees planted on both sides. (Napoleon did this.)

Get a passing Druid or Wizard or whatever to mutate you a funky house from a big oak tree, which appears on your land plot via Quaal's Feather Token: Tree. The mutated house looks unusual but not particularly out of place in this world of dragons & angels.

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-08, 02:18 PM
The Animate Plants spell would animate the tree in question as an animated object. You could then target it with a Greater Teleport spell (with the dryad as one of the other targets).

A dryad isn't likely to be happy in an urban environment, though.

daryen
2017-01-08, 02:27 PM
Have a Druid Awaken, then release the tree.

Have a Druid cast Liveoak, move the tree where you want, then let the spell expire.

Jack_Simth
2017-01-08, 02:28 PM
The Animate Plants spell would animate the tree in question as an animated object. You could then target it with a Greater Teleport spell (with the dryad as one of the other targets).Which can then be replanted wherever when the spell expires. Handy!

Yeah, you'll want to make your plot of land quite the forest.