PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Homebrew Class Dragon Knight [PEACH] [WIP]

exodus_dragon
2017-01-08, 03:33 PM
So I did some major over hauling and also spruced up the design a bit. Hopefully this is a little more clean and easier to read. Please PEACH away.
I appreciate any notes you all can give me.

Here is the link Dragon Knight (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4GHF0DDlhHwaEVsdk02OHBodzg)

JNAProductions
2017-01-08, 05:51 PM
D10 hit die, okay.

Light and medium armor, with shields. Also okay.

Odd weapon list... But okay.

Equipment seems fine.

Defender's Dive is cool.

Dragon Leap is free advantage. Not good.

Also, there's no table-fix that, please. Some stuff references it, but it doesn't exist.

Precise Strike is either OP as hell or fine, depending on how many points you have.

Evasive Leap is fine.

Dragon's Luck is fine.

Rest seems fine.

DRAGON PATHS:

Natural armor is not a term used in 5E. Make it a formula, or a flat +1 bonus.

Breath Of Life is Lay On Hands... But recharges on a short rest, and is usable multiple times. Overpowered as hell.

Blessed Smite isn't bad, but you get a LOT at level 3.

Like, a poopload. Too much.

Bahumat's Blessing seems fine.

The Aura is too powerful. It's a 100% out of combat heal, that lasts into the next fight until he loses concentration.

Glory seems not fine. It's actually too weak-you HAVE to use it at the BBEG, or you screw yourself.

Draconic Resistance has the same issues as Draconic Power.

Tiamat's Resilience seems fine.

Once again, you get FAR TOO MUCH at one level.

Tiamat's Power seems fine.

Tiamat's Aura seems a little too strong, what with being able to make enemies vulnerable to fire and then have your Wizard buddy Scorching Ray them.

Tiamat's Rage has the same issues as Glory.

All seems fine, except a once per SHORT REST 9th level spell. That's way too powerful.

exodus_dragon
2017-01-17, 12:27 PM
I was hoping for a few more inputs. Please have a look at my link and let me know what you think of my class. Would you use it?

Please Let Me Know If The Link isnt working....

Ivogel
2017-01-18, 02:54 AM
Nice theme and flavour, altough the dragon master subtype seems out of place.

Why would you choose steadfast at evel 20 over a ninth level spell?

Also there are various typos and phrasing errors.

I read your previous version and it seems much less OP now, though the bahamut subclass still heals for way too much, i'd max the ability at once/long rest maybe twice at high level, compared to the paladins lay on hands it is OP.

I don't understand the sidebar under extra attack. What do you mean.

Also, what do you use for your layout? Is there like a program/website that has the phb layout? Thanks

exodus_dragon
2017-01-18, 09:15 AM
Nice theme and flavour, altough the dragon master subtype seems out of place.

Why would you choose steadfast at evel 20 over a ninth level spell?

Also there are various typos and phrasing errors.

I read your previous version and it seems much less OP now, though the bahamut subclass sill heals for way too much, i'd max the ability at once/long rest maybe twice at high level, compared to the paladins lay on hands it is OP.

I don't understand the sidebar under extra attack. What do you mean.

Also, what do you use for your layout? Is there like a program/website that has the phb layout? Thanks

Yes I actually am making some changes ...a lot of concern about having a 9th level spell was far too op..so I had removed it...the side bar note will be removed I had it because I worded dragon leap badly...I actually put the website I used on the last page as a shout out to the creator of the page the site. As for having Dragon Master...the idea that instead of following a dragon god it found a away to master them and coexist to a certain extent

exodus_dragon
2017-01-30, 07:47 PM
Alright I have made some changed and I also added a change log to see what changes were made from the previous version. Please have a look.

Here is the link V8 Dragon Knight (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyUnbWZUl)

Here is a link to V7 Dragon Knight (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4GHF0DDlhHwaEVsdk02OHBodzg)