PDA

View Full Version : Demiplane Remodeling

JackOfAllBuilds
2017-01-09, 07:19 AM
A room that is just an empty 30ft cube seems kind of wasteful.
Has anyone thought of good uses of the space, or things to do to divide up the space?

What about multiple castings of Wall of Stone to create multi-level floors and rooms? Then stoneshape for the doors and archways?

Making a mini Maze in your Demiplane by either building walls and passages or the EE spell Transmute Rock twice for Rock to Mud then back Mud to Rock. 30 ft cube of soft rock filling your stone wall Demiplane. Carve out a hamster-tunnel type maze that loops back on itself endlessly, but so many turns, rises, dips that they don't know they're in 30ft cube?

I really like the Wall of Stone idea to subdivide the space. Make rooms for all your party members so they aren't all up in your alchemy lab on the top floor

People have all the combat uses of Demiplane, I'd like to see some more downtime ideas (and illustrations are non-existent)

MrStabby
2017-01-09, 08:38 PM
Well a prison can be handy. Somewhere to store others when you can't be bothered to take them back to an authority figure just now.

Don't make my mistake though and forget to feed your prisoners. I came back to the demiplane and found one fat barbarian and a load of bones.

RickAllison
2017-01-10, 11:57 AM
Well a prison can be handy. Somewhere to store others when you can't be bothered to take them back to an authority figure just now.

Don't make my mistake though and forget to feed your prisoners. I came back to the demiplane and found one fat barbarian and a load of bones.

I used the Secret Chest spell as a temporary prison once. We realized that my expertly-crafted chest also happened to be airtight. The person was much more helpful once he had nearly suffocated, however :smallwink:

Falcon X
2017-01-10, 02:48 PM
If you are open to homebrew, you can port in the Pathfinder version of the spell that has tons of options:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/createDemiplane.html

JackOfAllBuilds
2017-01-11, 12:21 AM
Not as such, no. I was more curious about uses outside of loot-holes and closet full of skeletons.

Multiple uses of wall of Stone can turn it from a 30x30 with way too much headroom to a three-floored workshop, study, domicile, and whatever else you needed. Thought people might input best use of space for the cavernous cube.

Or if there was a way to map out a 30' cube maze?

Also curious of the interaction of mordenkainen's private sanctum with the entryway when you cast Demiplane to return. Does crossing the threshold count as planar travel that would be blocked?
What if you blocked planar travel but allowed teleportation inside the MPS. Could you misty step across the entryway while it was open?

How do you secure your Demiplane but still have access?