PDA

View Full Version : Magic Missile questions on damage riders

Degwerks
2017-01-09, 08:12 AM
If you have a druid of the Twilight Circle and also know the magic missile spell, when you apply the necrotic damage from your Harvest Scythe ability, do you apply it to all the missiles or just one missile? I know they ruled that you only roll the missile dice once and Evoker got to add their bonus on each missile.

dejarnjc
2017-01-09, 08:15 AM
If you have a druid of the Twilight Circle and also know the magic missile spell, when you apply the necrotic damage from your Harvest Scythe ability, do you apply it to all the missiles or just one missile? I know they ruled that you only roll the missile dice once and Evoker got to add their bonus on each missile.

Twilight Circles says you add it to the damage of the spell so that seems like the total damage to me.

Degwerks
2017-01-09, 08:22 AM
What happens if you split the missiles up to other opponents though?

MaxDPSsays
2017-01-09, 08:37 AM
I was under the impression that the evoker only adds his extra damage to a single magic missile of his choice. I am unimpressed with how the evoker was set up in this edition.

Drackolus
2017-01-09, 10:13 AM
Yes, the ruling is that you roll once and add the bonus to that roll, and then each missile hits for the total, even if it is the same target.
That ruling is also completely stupid and unbalancing. It baffles me that it wasn't errata'd.

Vogonjeltz
2017-01-09, 08:22 PM
I was under the impression that the evoker only adds his extra damage to a single magic missile of his choice. I am unimpressed with how the evoker was set up in this edition.

There's only one damage roll which applies to all the missiles. So it de facto applies to all missiles.

That Evokers benefits are limited to Evocation spells is fairly balanced against the Dragon Sorcerer (i.e. there's not one universally best choice)

Erys
2017-01-09, 08:52 PM
Yes, the ruling is that you roll once and add the bonus to that roll, and then each missile hits for the total, even if it is the same target.
That ruling is also completely stupid and unbalancing. It baffles me that it wasn't errata'd.

It is a little counter intuitive sure, but hardly unbalancing.

Personally, now that I have wrapped my head around it, I like it.

As for the OP, I think it would work similar to that as Empowered Evocation. Which, with that ability, does seem rather over powered.

Degwerks
2017-01-10, 09:10 AM
Yeah it'd be super-powered for sure. But only with magic missile probably.