PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arcanist Feats?

Lloyd-Starbuck
2017-01-09, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone. So for a couple of weeks now I have been playing my very first arcane class the Arcanist. I love playing it but I'm stump when it comes to selecting feats since I never have played a caster before. so far I'm still level one, and took extra exploit so that I can have potent magic and quick study at first level but what then? do I keep on selecting extra exploit or maybe some metamagic feats, but which ones. are there other good feats for arcanist(must not be 3pp).

stanprollyright
2017-01-09, 04:22 PM
It depends on what you want to do. What kinds of spells are you planning to specialize in?

In no particular order:
Improved Initiative (ASAP)
Familiar Exploit -> Improved Familiar
Dimensional Slide Exploit
Scribe Scroll
Craft Wondrous Item
Spell Focus, Spell Specialization, Greater Spell Focus, Spell Perfection
Spell Penetration
Augment Summoning -> Superior Summons
Additional Traits (reactionary, magical lineage)
Metamixing Exploit
Extra Exploit: Metamagic Knowledge (if you want a metamagic feat, do it this way to qualify for Greater)
Extend Spell
Intensify Spell
Rime Spell
Selective Spell
Quicken Spell
Dazing Spell
Still Spell

Between rods and Greater Metamagic Knowledge you shouldn't need to take that many metamagic feats to have access to all the ones you want.

Geddy2112
2017-01-09, 04:29 PM
All the best feats and exploits
Well I was going to say those...

In addition, bouncing and piercing spell are okay, as is greater spell penetration. As said above, if you end up wanting these feats you can just metamagic mastery them. Combat casting is not really needed because dimensional slide can move you to somewhere you don't need to cast defensively.