View Full Version : The Quest for the Fancy Fungus (5E IC)

Steel Mirror
2017-01-09, 04:30 PM
https://s27.postimg.org/s27r8jser/sts_between_worlds_bg011600.jpg
Artist Credit: Aeyolscaer (http://aeyolscaer.deviantart.com/) (Image Link (http://aeyolscaer.deviantart.com/art/Magic-Shop-478507159))

The Quest For the Fancy Fungus

It was a bright summer morning in the lake town of Whazzit, and it was already clear that it was going to be a scorcher. Inside of The Bulette's Belly, the town's premier general store for adventurers, mercenaries, and dinosaur wranglers, a lazy-looking homunculus worked a crank that turned a fan which kept the air in the little shop from getting too stifling, while a slip of a young centaur girl worked the cashier counter.

Five adventurers milled about, checking the shelves or waiting at the counter for their change. The shop girl finished counting out the last of the coins and pushed them across the counter top on a wooden tray shaped like an oversized pumpkin seed. "Your change, sirs and ma'ams," she said, her tail swishing restlessly to drive away a stubborn fly which was buzzing noisily around the room. She then took out a blue-inked stamp and pressed it three times against hand-sized piece of paper, then handed that across the table, too. "And that's your rewards card. You get a stamp for every twenty gold you spend at the shop, and if you collect thirteen stamps you can trade in your card for a free salve of healing and an entry into the yearly raffle our shop does at the harvest festival."

Her voice up until that point had been a polite but rather emotionless monotone, and her expression had been a constant one of being incredibly unimpressed with the world at large, as only a teenager could really convey. After the pleasantries were done with, though, she spoke again. "So, all this is dungeon gear. Is it true? Are you really going to go explore that cave at Bridalveil, where the dragon used to live? You know that people have died going there, right? I'm pretty sure it's like, super haunted."

https://s24.postimg.org/g3hu62hhh/deer_centaur_girl_by_tsulala_d4ux1j5300.jpg
Artist Credit: tsulala (http://tsulala.deviantart.com/) (Image Link (http://tsulala.deviantart.com/art/deer-centaur-girl-293794817))

This is mainly a place to introduce and describe your character, and get chance to set the tone for how you act and so on. You can also chat with the girl at the counter to maybe get some gossip about the dungeon, or ask her if the shop carries any 'special' items which might be of use. If you want to talk to each other about buying extra gear and stuff, you can do that as well. The shop sells everything in the PHB's equipment, weapons, and armor sections, and always carries a few more interesting curiosities which will rotate in and out, as well.

But most of all, welcome to the game! I promised you guys a just-for-fun dungeon crawl, and you'll get to it soon, but hopefully this will be a fun little place to start, too.

Let's have fun!

Kushina43
2017-01-09, 05:50 PM
Lyphie smiles up at the centaur counter girl.
"Yup, we're gonna conquer that cave! And I'm not all worried about our safety, because if we stick together we can do anything!"
She sticks out her yellow feathered wings happily and looks back to her new comrades
"Am I right, team?"

CovertCobalt
2017-01-09, 05:50 PM
With a flourish, a slight figure wearing a cape of stitched-together rags retrieves the change on the tray, flicking a silver coin into a nearby tip jar in the same motion. She grins mischievously, then winks her one, enormous eye at the centaur girl. "Not only are we exploring that cave, dear girl, but we are going to extract every last bit of gold from it and become the richest adventurers since the Pennypinch Gang!"

The Likho tosses her silver braids behind her head with another dramatic motion and then turns to face the shop windows. "You see, I am the Monarch in Rags! You've heard of me, to be sure. The last-living scion of a great legacy of kings stretching back into time immemorial. With the riches we will plunder, I will reestablish my kingdom and bring peace to the land once more." She glances over her shoulder at the girl, pausing mid-motion. "Also, do you have any pitons?"

Steel Mirror
2017-01-09, 06:27 PM
The centaur girl's impassive facade broke when she saw the silver coin plink into the conspicuously empty tip jar. She looked surprised and a bit excited for a moment, before smoothing her expression into its previous coolness. "We do indeed have pitons your, um, highness. In addition, we carry a whole array of climbing supplies including climbing axes, ropes of hemp, silk, and cave fisher coil, boot spikes, harnesses, and grappling hooks. We also have a self-spelling rope in the back, though I'm not allowed let people into the reserve section without the owner around, so if you want to look at that I'll have to bring it out to you."

Turning to Lyphie, the shop girl shrugged. She looked at the motley lot of adventurers crammed in between the stores many shelves and overflowing tables. "Yeah. I can see you guys definitely have got this adventuring thing just about surrounded."

Kushina43
2017-01-09, 07:15 PM
Noticing the centaur's expression change, Lyphie nods and pulls out a gold piece. She hops up to reach the jar and drops it in there, grinning.

"I like seeing that happy face more!"

igordragonian
2017-01-09, 07:34 PM
"I need the gold, to return a favor." Said the pink Oni. He was muscled and heavily built, and wore a black "samurai" armor,
"I am Nahaak, the Samurai Carpenter... I owe my second life to the Carpenter Guild... the least I can do, is repay her.. armm.. I mean.. the guild.." he scratched behind his horn, embarrassed a bit.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-09, 07:41 PM
The girl's eyebrows climbed all the way up under her bangs. "Well, that's certainly the way to get it," she said, offering a small, slightly out of practice smile. "Is there something more I can help you with? More gear? A look at the reserve catalog, if you guys have got extra money to spend? There are some magic weapons and stuff from a group of adventurers that cleaned out a wight's barrow last month. Maybe some help with the travel arrangements? I know some people who would be willing to make the trip, you know most fishermen and captains steer well clear of the old dragon den."

After Nahaak introduced himself, the girl nodded. "Good to meet you, I guess. Oh, my name is Chaia, by the way. Your uh, friendly neighborhood shop girl." She gave the samurai a little centaur curtsey which was one of the more formal ways that they conveyed respect upon greeting someone. "If you guys don't die there in the caves, you can sell anything you find here for a good price and it'll help you earn back your debt."

"I'm pretty sure you'll all die though. Just saying."

Kushina43
2017-01-09, 07:46 PM
"I dunno what the other guys want, but do you have stuff like healing potions? Positivity might be an awesome power but it doesn't help as much when you're hurt. Oh, and a look at the magic stuff might be good for us all, too."

Steel Mirror
2017-01-09, 08:17 PM
"Well," she said, walking around the counter to one of the cases and unlocking the metal grating so that the door could swing open. "Healing potions are easy. We have the standard healing draughts we get shipped in from Kidai, complete with wax seal and guild certificate so you can be sure of the quality. Those are fifty gold each. We also have herbal salves mixed up by Ellywick, she's a ranger that roams the lake and sells us some of her natural remedies. Those are the ones we hand out as freebies for loyalty cards, but you can also buy them for twenty gold. Careful with those though, they spoil after about a month unless you keep them in the cold."

"We also have, let's see...looks like a potion of growth, a couple of draughts of animal friendship we keep on hand for the dino wranglers, a potion of hill giant's strength, and some potions of drinkable supper. Those last ones are three gold each, but the others are price on request."

For convenience, I'll list your options here.

Potion of Healing (2d4+2) - 50 gp
Herbal Healing Salve (1d6) - 20 gp
Potion of Growth (enlarge spell, 1d4 hours) - 100 gp
Potion of Animal Friendship (can cast spell 1 hr DC 13) - 50 gp
Potion of Hill Giant Strength (Str 21 for 1 hr) - 150 gp
Potion of Drinkable Supper (supplies nourishment for 1 day and tastes like your favorite hearty meal) - 3 gp

Emmerlaus
2017-01-09, 08:39 PM
Groot had being silentful... then he ask his coworker in a deep voice: " I suppose Its custom here to introduce ourself to a clerk? HUmm, my name is Groot. I was part of the " Racoon Cannon " before becoming a adventurer here... As for items we could need, even though I dont like it, is their weaponary using fire among your reserved list? "

He had the feeling the fungus were mushroom... and his race HATED mushroom. But it turns out mushroom are for the most part vulnerable to flames too so he thought this would maybe give them some advantage.

He look at the jar on the counter and ask: " Why are we putting money in this? Is it a custom I am unaware about too? "

Kushina43
2017-01-09, 11:35 PM
"I just did it to make her happier, Mister Groot, but I think you're supposed to do it for good service. Some people don't anyway for some reason, which I find mean. Oh, right, ah, I wanna get two of the heal potions, Miss Chaia."
Lyphie pulls out the requisite gold pieces and hops to put them on the counter.
"And why are you so sure we're gonna die? Something real scary like a dragon in there again?"

Steel Mirror
2017-01-10, 12:52 AM
Chaia looked surreptitiously from Groot to Lyphie and back, and nodded at the harpy's explanation of the tip jar. "Yeah it's also...good luck. You know. Like throwing coppers into a well. But...luckier. For example, I'm about to check the reserve catalog for magical weapons. Maybe if you drop a coin into the jar, I'll have better luck finding one for you."

She took 2 healing potions from the shelf and got busy with Lyphie's order. She chatted as she took the money and placed it into a steel-bound minibarrel with a slot on the top for coins. "The dragon is dead," she said, her previous monotone returning to her voice. Then she shrugged. "But that wasn't the only bad nasty thing there. I hear that an old cult did human sacrifices in a temple at the bottom of the falls, and fisherman who go nearby say that the souls of the dead men still walk the rocks nearby, and'll kill a person as soon as they step foot on the old temple. Plus, you aren't the first lot of adventurers to think about checking to see if maybe the ladies who slew the dragon might've left some of the treasure hoard behind by accident. A couple of travelling troupes have headed up there, the past couple years. I sold dungeoneering supplies to one of the parties myself in this very shop this spring. None of them ever came back."

She put 5 more stamps on the loyalty card, then handed it back with another thanks. "So yeah, odds are pretty good you guys won't be coming back. If you want, one of the adventurers that killed the dragon originally is still in town. She might still be in the Cheesy Weasel, if you want to talk to her. I swear, she keeps that bar in business single-handed..."

Roll Insight if you are following along Chaia's story with interest. If you get a 13 or better, check the next spoiler block.When she talks about the dragon that used to live there at the caves, she gets emotional. Even a little bit angry. She does a good job of hiding it, but she quickly moves the conversation to another subject and obviously doesn't like talking about it.

Kushina43
2017-01-10, 09:11 AM
Lyphie grabs the potions and mulls the information over for a second. "Sounds like it is pretty spooky... But I said it before and I'll say it again, I know we can do this with teamwork!"

Emmerlaus
2017-01-10, 12:51 PM
Groot frown: " Why would I need to pay first when its something you should be doing first to begin with? Why would you do your job poorly unless I give you money first? I understand giving a bit more if satisfied but not before getting goods or services adequate to what we need. I'll consider doing like my coworkers here if you can give us satisfaction instead. "

To my coworkers: " I said we might need fire weapons but does anybody among us can do fire damage first? "

Steel Mirror
2017-01-10, 02:06 PM
Chaia sighed a long-suffering sigh at Groot's statement, then took out a leather-bound collection of yellowed parchment and cracked it open. "As it happens, we do have a fiery weapon in stock, at the moment. A fire-blasting side sword apparently, one we've had in stock for...wow, almost as long as I've been alive. Asking price is fifteen hundred gold. We also have a shield made of adamantium, and a set of splint mail which lets you swim like an otter. We've got a robe of useful items, a dancing dagger, and set of throwing knives which inflict wounds which can't be naturally healed." She let the book thump onto the table in front of her, and looked up at the adventurers. "Anything there that catches your fancy?"

Again, I'll list the items and costs here for convenience.

Short Sword which deals +2d6 fire damage on a crit and allows the wielder to us the fire bolt cantrip at will. - 1500 gp
Adamantine Shield - 300 gp
Splint Mail of the Mariner - 1700 gp
Robe of Useful Items - 600 gp
Dancing Dagger - 500 gp
Wounding Daggers - 300 gp
+1 Ammunition - 10 gp per arrow/bolt

CovertCobalt
2017-01-10, 02:12 PM
Duryss had been listening to the exchange between her fellow adventurers and the centaur shopkeeper for a while. [color=purple]So fascinating! These strange peoples never cease to surprise me. They'll make excellent subjects someday.[/color Shaking herself out her thoughts, she smiles slightly and hands over the coin for her gear. She turns and faces Groot, craning her neck to look him in the eyes. "Although summoning fire isn't exactly within my skillset, perhaps we could purchase something to that effect? Personally, I find it a bit messy for my tastes. Exciting!...But messy."

She leans against the counter, eyeing Lyphie as she grabs her purchases. "Lyphie, my avian friend, have I ever told you about the time I accidentally put red wine into my healing potions? You see, the alcohol and excess sugar had a strange effect on the alchemical magics of the potions, and by the time I drank one, it had become something else entirely. So there I was, in the middle of a fight with two bulettes, a Dwarven librarian, and a very angry jester, and I start levitating a foot off the ground, tumbling head over heels. If it hadn't been a particularly windy day, I woulda been a goner for sure." She grins widely as she finishes her story, her one deep-blue eye narrowing with amusement.

She then turns to listen to Chaia's inventory list, her eye widening in amazement. "I've never had a real magic item like that before...At least, not for longer than a minute or so." She frowns deeply at the prices, drumming her fingers on the counter in irritation. "You wouldn't happen to be willing to make a discount for a fine group of adventurers like us, would you?" She pauses, bringing herself up to her full height (An impressive five feet in total). "Or perhaps you would make such an allowance for your future king, dear Chaia? Such a gift would be remembered once I ascend to the throne, and you would be recompensed with lands and a position in my court."

Steel Mirror
2017-01-10, 02:39 PM
"A fine group of adventurers, is it?" she deadpanned, taking in Duryss's outfit in light of the story she'd just told about the potion.

"As it happens, though," she leaned across the table. "The Robe is a used item, the adventurers who sold it to us already used up about half the patches. The owner told me that any savvy adventurers would probably notice, and I could go down to 300 gold to sell it if I needed to. Also, that Dancing Dagger has this weird tic where it yells insults at the enemy while it fights, and apparently sometimes it will yell out insults at the worst possible time when you're just carrying it around. We've had three groups of adventurers return it and demand their money back already. I can get the price on that one down to 350 gold coins."

Kushina43
2017-01-10, 02:48 PM
She leans against the counter, eyeing Lyphie as she grabs her purchases. "Lyphie, my avian friend, have I ever told you about the time I accidentally put red wine into my healing potions? You see, the alcohol and excess sugar had a strange effect on the alchemical magics of the potions, and by the time I drank one, it had become something else entirely. So there I was, in the middle of a fight with two bulettes, a Dwarven librarian, and a very angry jester, and I start levitating a foot off the ground, tumbling head over heels. If it hadn't been a particularly windy day, I woulda been a goner for sure." She grins widely as she finishes her story, her one deep-blue eye narrowing with amusement.

Lyphie looks up and listens intently, giggling at the last sentence. "That sounds like it was fun!" She looks back at her wings. "Wish I could float and fly like that potion did to you, though, I simply love going high!"

igordragonian
2017-01-10, 03:39 PM
Nahaak listened silently, and looked over the products.
"I think that one lil' healing potion would be helpful." he frowned a bit
"I can't allow myself much more than that... are you willing to buy a weapon for me? I haven't used it too much..."

Steel Mirror
2017-01-10, 04:54 PM
"One healing potion, will that be the 50 gold potion or the 20 gold salve?" She asked politely. "And if that was asking if we buy used equipment, we do, but honestly the prices aren't that great unless it is brand new or something interesting, like a magic item. Usually it's about half what we sell it for in the store."

igordragonian
2017-01-10, 06:42 PM
@Herbal Healing Salve for me. Sorry, if I wasn't clear on that.' Nahaak paying her with a smile. He pulling a great sword.
'I'v found a weapon which is closer to my heart.' he explained gesturing to the Guan Dao which is tied to his back.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-10, 06:46 PM
"Oh, gottcha. In that case I can give you, let me see..." She inspected the sword for a few moments, tapping the blade at various points, examining the edge carefully with a magnifying lens, and hefting it briefly off the table in both hands. It looked comically oversized in her young arms, and she chuffed in exertion before setting it back down. "I can give you 25 gold in cash for it, or I can trade you 2 of the herbal salves for the big sword, clean and easy."

igordragonian
2017-01-10, 07:07 PM
'Huumm.. that all?' Nahaak frowned.
'No. I'll take 25 gold.' he puffed his cheeks.

Kushina43
2017-01-10, 11:20 PM
Lyphie's eyes brighten a bit, an idea forming. "Hey team, how much money do we got all together? A magic thing sounds like a good idea, I was thinking that robe with useful items, I bet it's got that name for a reason!"

CovertCobalt
2017-01-11, 03:10 AM
Lyphie's eyes brighten a bit, an idea forming. "Hey team, how much money do we got all together? A magic thing sounds like a good idea, I was thinking that robe with useful items, I bet it's got that name for a reason!"

Duryss nods quickly in assent. "I could offer some of my hard-won riches, I think. Invest now, reap a greater profit later! Gold is just like farming, really." She pauses, stroking her chin. "Although probably not like, literally." Images of trees laden with heavy, golden fruit assail her mind for a moment, and her one eye goes dreamy with the thought.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-11, 09:59 AM

" And I bet its only in name. If we do put our money together to buy something, I suggest we cover more area in term of damage and options to flee if something is not to our advatange. After all, if no other adventurer teams came back, our safe bet would be to have someone cover a lot of kind of damage and a way to disengage from a sticky situation if it arise that we cant go back. I prefer items with clear uses myself"

Kushina43
2017-01-11, 01:10 PM
"But Mister Groot, Miss Chaia said it's a robe of useful items, surely it'll be useful because it's magic! I think we should get it, and so does Miss Duryss. How about you, Mister Naahak? Wanna help buy it?"

Arkhios
2017-01-11, 03:53 PM
Suddenly, the shop's door swings open and a skittish looking, orange-skinned halia nereid staggers in. He keeps glancing furtively behind his shoulders as he approaches the counter. "D-d-do, you s-s-shell pff-phuff-pufferf-fishhh b-bladders? M-m-my stash hash gone, d-d-dry", he blurts in a cocked voice at the centaur girl behind the counter.

You can see that the nereid is clearly afraid of something, but there's nothing following him inside. The look in his eyes is as if he'd just seen a ghost, yet it seems like a constant state of mind at the same time.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-11, 04:08 PM
The centaur girl had been slowly slipping into a daydream as the adventurers discussed the benefits of a robe of useful items. She jerked to alertness as the haunted looking nereid, the fifth of the band, burst through the doors. "Ummm we sell crystalfish bladders fresh from the lake," she said after a few moments to mentally change her gears. "It's hard to get pufferfish bladder so far from the ocean, though. I can check our stock of preserved reagents for pufferfish, but that would be pickled in formalin so I don't know if it'll work for you."

I'll change from maroon to orange if/when you decide to take it as your speech color, after all!

Arkhios
2017-01-11, 04:14 PM
"Pfft, Ih'll take the pickl'd, then" said the halia absentmindedly, as he clumsily turns to lean on the counter, his back at Chaia. "What'sh with all the ruckush? I'm havin' a gosh-darn headache, could'ye keep it down... hic!" He asks, almost as if to himself, but loud enough for everyone to hear, hazily eyeing at the team gathered in the shop.

Kushina43
2017-01-11, 04:22 PM
Lyphie watches the nereid curiously. "Hiya, mister, you look a bit of a mess. You okay? Need to feel better?"

I promise this character is a rational adult

Arkhios
2017-01-11, 04:50 PM
Aiming a lazy eye towards Lyphie, the halia slowly focuses his gaze and says, sounding surprisingly sober for a change: "Oh, 'tis nothin'. Just 'ad a rough nite' at the harbor, and I figured I'd mix a", he pauses for a moment, then continues with a sloppy grin: "medicine for this darn headache!"

The nereid suddenly approaches Lyphie, swaying on the way, and offers his sweaty hand to the little harpy: "They call me Lush. Lush Bogborru."

Kushina43
2017-01-11, 05:25 PM
Aiming a lazy eye towards Lyphie, the halia slowly focuses his gaze and says, sounding surprisingly sober for a change: "Oh, 'tis nothin'. Just 'ad a rough nite' at the harbor, and I figured I'd mix a", he pauses for a moment, then continues with a sloppy grin: "medicine for this darn headache!"

The nereid suddenly approaches Lyphie, swaying on the way, and offers his sweaty hand to the little harpy: "They call me Lush. Lush Bogborru."

Lyphie eagerly offers her tiny hand back. "Lyphie, of the Teniara family! Nice to meetcha!"

Arkhios
2017-01-11, 05:37 PM
Smiling at the small birdfolk, Lush slowly degenerates to the slurring sod he was when he entered the establishment, and asks again: "Sho, what'sh the de...hic!..bate about? ye four know ye lot from someplace?"

Trying to stand straight, Lush turns his head towards Chaia, to see how she's doing with his pufferfish request, and he stumbles on his own feet and falls on the floor, barely making any sound, and calls out to Chaia, while climbing himself up again: "Oi, how much's that pickl'd puff'rfish cost?"

Lush wears simple sailor's clothes, stained to vaguely grey from long use. He seems to travel lightly, with a simple dagger on his hip and a surprisingly shiny silver tankard dangling from his sash, and a dented chest tied with ropes on his back. At a closer inspection you realize that the sash is actually a torn flag from a ship.

igordragonian
2017-01-11, 06:34 PM
"I don't know... I need to return the money to the Carpenter Guild..." Nahaak, frowned, having issue to trust others with money.
He looked into the new guest in their party.

"I go by Nahaak." said the muscular pink Oni.
"What are YOU doing here?"

Arkhios
2017-01-11, 06:42 PM
Swiftly turning to stare at the oni, Lush sloppily replies and gives a wide smile: "A pleashure to meet ye! ...Why, it'sh a shhop ishn't it? What'd'ye ushually do in a shhop if not buy shomethin'? ...hic!"

igordragonian
2017-01-11, 06:58 PM
"well,you seemed drunk enough to think otherwise.' Nahaak smiled in a friendly way.
"Had a good time?"

Arkhios
2017-01-11, 07:14 PM
"well,you seemed drunk enough to think otherwise.' Nahaak smiled in a friendly way.
"Had a good time?"

Lush gives a hearty laugh and says: "Ye cert'nly could say that I had! ...might not be th'case for those three others at'th'docks, tho'," Lush seems to be slowly recalling last night's events, before his face turns white as pearl, and continues with a sudden clarity: "Say, ye fellars know any good action outside town? Methinks it might be best for me to not show this face for a while!"
Lush suddenly staggers towards the door, skittishly peeking through the small window as if looking for something, or someone.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-11, 07:38 PM
Chaia came back from the store room behind the counter, holding a huge jar full of sickly amber liquid with a few dozen...lumps floating toward the bottom. "Yeah, we did have some in the back. It's 3 silvers a dram, and it looks like we have twent-" Her comment was cut off by the slamming of an opening door. A burly, angry-looking, red-bearded dwarf with no hair on his head and who was missing a conspicuous hunk of his otherwise beautifully braided and maintained beard came rolling through the entrance to the shop with a sour look on his face. His burly arms were covered in vaguely nautical tattoos, a number depicting naiads and other female creatures of the water with, ah, rather impractical anatomical proportions.

He was followed by a slight young boy with red skin and two small horns growing from his head-an oni. The boy was wearing a plain travelling robe with a sachel at his side, and he was swept into the shop in the wake of the angry dwarf and immediately stuck to the nearest wall, lurking in the shadows with what he probably hoped was in intense, brooding expression. On a lad of maybe 15 years it looked a little put-on.

http://www.aidedd.org/assets/regles/classes/barbare.jpg
https://s29.postimg.org/zarnmt6p3/tiefling_by_foxinshadow_d79kozgcrop.png
"Hey shop girl!" the dwarf boomed. "You best have tha magic boots I ordered! I had a bad night, and if you aint got them in yet then by Moradin's sweaty balls, I'll-" his eyes widened when he saw Lush. "YOU!"

Kushina43
2017-01-11, 10:41 PM
Lyphie looks at the new entries, then back to Lush. "You guys know each other, I guess?"

CovertCobalt
2017-01-11, 11:38 PM
Duryss, sensing trouble brewing, darts toward the edge of the shop, coincidentally ending up near the sulking Oni. She peers at him with keen interest, her head tilted slightly to get a better look at him. After a thorough inspection, she leans over to whisper in his ear. "Who's the grumpy Dwarf? I he your father?" She pauses to continue listening to the argument rapidly erupting in front of her. Awkwardly, she continues talking, attempting to ignore the ruckus. "I am the Monarch in rags, small child. I welcome you into this fine establishment; someday it will be the seat of the noble house of Chaia." She beams at him, her sharp canines glinting in the sunlight.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 12:04 AM
"That 'grumpy dwarf' is Kildrak Crush-hook, reigning brawler of the Whazzit docks. And I am his warlock, Bre-ack-ahem," his voice broke in the middle of his pronouncement, and he cleared his throat a few times while averting his eyes from Duryss. "Mhhm. I am, uh, Bren, contractor by the Morning Star and keeper of the First Light." His voice was a little higher in pitch for that last part, and it lacked the dire weight of portent that he'd been trying to bestow on the first one. He watched with Duryss as the dwarf stalked across the floor towards Lush.

"So uh," said Bren to Duryss with conspicuous casualness. He looked curiously at her one eye, then averted his gaze self-consciously. "So are you friends with Chaia then, or...? I mean, you know, do you know her well?" he spoke low enough that his voice couldn't carry to the counter, where Chaia was watching the evolving drama from behind the jar of puffer fish bladders with jaundiced indifference.

Meanwhile, the dwarf exclaimed again in response to Lyphie's question. "I'd say I know 'im! You fishy bastard owe me a new pair of pants!"

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 12:24 AM
At the sight of the dwarf - and especially because the dwarf recognized him - Lush whimpers like a beaten dog, and scuttles behind the counter, "Yeah, umm, we... might have... *ahem* ...met before," Lush mutters in low voice, and swallows loudly. "I... uh... The details are a bit blurry, but I may have had something to do with the current state of his beard... And apparently I owe him new pants. It was an accident, I swear!" The drunkenness in his voice seems to be all but gone - for good, this time. Nothing works like a bucket of freezing cold water or the harsh reminder of one's own drunken mistakes, especially when they walk in at your face the next morning!

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 12:33 AM
The dwarf (apparently Kildrak Crush-hook) took a deep breath while his eyes bugged out with unrestrained fury. "Me beard! I've been a good dwarf me whole life, tended me beard for going on a century without cuttin' or harming' it! And you took four years off its growth on the right side with yer damned 'finger' trick! I aint even found my dog yet! I'm gonna crush you like a kobold!"

Emmerlaus
2017-01-12, 12:33 AM
" I have trouble understanding someone who drank alchool, sorry. I tried it myself but it tasted like poison. And sorry miss, I guess thats fire sword is too costly for me. I'll consider buying one of those potion in a moment, once the drama have resolve and that my coworker decided if I have to pitch for a robe of useful items or not... "

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 12:37 AM
Chaia blinked at the tree man having his calm conversation while a brawl all but broke out about four inches behind him. In a way, she almost looked impressed. Now there was some serious deadpan delivery. "Umm, sure, Mr. Groot, was it? I'll be with you as soon as the show is over."

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 01:06 AM
"Uhh, Killy - may I call you Killy? Um, could you remind me, what exactly happened last night? I seem to recall a bump in me head, and then falling off the dock into the water, and not much else before or after... Lush straightens up from behind the counter, and, assuming this argument isn't going to be resolved by talking, Lush hurries to grab a ceramic jug dangling from his shoulder by the handle and uncorking it - to take an impossibly long sip.

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 01:13 AM
Lyphie looks between the nereid and the dwarf with concern.
"Something bad happened, I see... But please don't fight, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding, or a mistake..! Nothing worth fighting over, right?"

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 01:26 AM
The dwarf gave Lyphie a look, with one eyebrow raised all the way to his nonexistent hairline and a vein throbbing in rage at his temple. "Yeah, bird brain, maybe you're right. Maybe he aint worth my time." He sidled a step closer to the swaying nereid, cracking his knuckles but muttering vaguely agreeable comments as he did. "OR NOT!" he yelled, probably thinking his transparent maneuver was somehow clever. He whirled around and swung a beefy fist towards Lush even as he continued taking his impossibly long swig.

I'm going to roll Initiative for Killy, and I'll handle initiative for everyone else just because it's faster and easier that way.
Killy: [roll0]

Lush: [roll1]
Lyphie: [roll2]
Naahak: [roll3]
Groot: [roll4]
Duryss: [roll5]

So the order is:
Lush, Groot, and Nakaak
Killy
Duryss, Lyphie

For now I'll skip everyone's first turn (unless you tell me specifically otherwise) as this is just a combat between Lush and Killy for the moment.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-12, 01:55 AM
Groot doesnt act.he just say: " If you are gonna fight, shouldn't you do it outside? You are gonna upset the seller AND the customers""

He say that very matter of fact-ish.

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 01:59 AM
"Aww, heck... Here we go again", Lush mutters to himself while chugging down what seems to be red wine. With one smooth motion, Lush swings his jug at the dwarf's face, missing the fist by an inch, and erratically sways towards the dwarf, and, as if accidentally, hits the dwarf at his nose with his open palm right after the jug had landed.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 02:12 AM
"ARGG!" the dwarf exclaimed, voice somewhat muffled by the fact that it was being forced through a very bloody nose. "Yeh slimy dolphin lover!" He swung one fist right where Lush's stomach was-only it wasn't there anymore, as Lush collapsed in seeming drunkenness an instant before the blow would have landed. Kildrak aimed a steel-toed boot right at Lush's knee, but somehow the nereid was stumbling to catch his balance at exactly the moment the blow should have arrived, and his foot smashed into the store counter instead, splintering the wood there with an almighty crack.

"Hey!" said Chaia. "Watch the store, would you? Is it just me or are the only two people talking sense in here the tree and the bird?"

The dwarf ignored her. "Stay still you rotten chum gargler!" He flexed his arms and upper body as hard as he could, ripping his shirt and revealing his muscular upper body completely. From somewhere in the back of his intoxicated mind, Lush was starting to get deja vu about something. Kildrak moved as though to keep on attacking.

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 02:29 AM
With an almost comical backwards somersault Lush aims an apparent accidental kick towards the dwarf's groin and tumbles out from the door, and into the street, where he quickly stands up again, takes a staggering posture, and taunts the dwarf to follow - if he's still up for it.

CovertCobalt
2017-01-12, 04:02 AM
"That 'grumpy dwarf' is Kildrak Crush-hook, reigning brawler of the Whazzit docks. And I am his warlock, Bre-ack-ahem," his voice broke in the middle of his pronouncement, and he cleared his throat a few times while averting his eyes from Duryss. "Mhhm. I am, uh, Bren, contractor by the Morning Star and keeper of the First Light." His voice was a little higher in pitch for that last part, and it lacked the dire weight of portent that he'd been trying to bestow on the first one. He watched with Duryss as the dwarf stalked across the floor towards Lush.

"So uh," said Bren to Duryss with conspicuous casualness. He looked curiously at her one eye, then averted his gaze self-consciously. "So are you friends with Chaia then, or...? I mean, you know, do you know her well?" he spoke low enough that his voice couldn't carry to the counter, where Chaia was watching the evolving drama from behind the jar of puffer fish bladders with jaundiced indifference.

Duryss tilts her head again in mild bemusement. "Ah, a warlock. I had taken you for a half-dwarf at first. I haven't met many, besides me, of course, so I wasn't sure if we all look the same." She pauses for a little while to watch the fight unfold, her one wide blue eye taking it all in with interest. The use of fake stumbling to create a opening for attack impresses her, and she makes a brief mental note to try it out sometime.

The young Likho calls out over the fracas, her voice high and clear. "Yoohoo! Groot and Lyphie? I would be willing to pitch my gold in for the robe. It seems a worthy investment, even if just for the novelty!" She frowns in irritation at the dwarf and the strange fish-person. "Perhaps the two of you could keep it down for a moment? I am attempting to conduct business with my vassals and this fine young lady who will someday be a lady of my court."

She huffs and settles back against the wall, continuing her conversation with Bren as if no interruption had taken place. "Ahh, romance! You are interested in Lady Chaia, are you?" She keeps her voice low, understanding that some weren't as forthcoming with matters of the heart as she. "Perhaps I could put in a good word for you, hm? Perhaps in exchange for any information about that cave near the Bridal Veil Falls?"

Emmerlaus
2017-01-12, 07:33 AM
" I still dont like it since not only I wont be the one wearing it but also it feel like a huge waste of money . So far, the potions listing proved more useful in my mind! "

Groot say that in answer to Duryss, ignoring the fight in the shop.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 01:44 PM
She huffs and settles back against the wall, continuing her conversation with Bren as if no interruption had taken place. "Ahh, romance! You are interested in Lady Chaia, are you?" She keeps her voice low, understanding that some weren't as forthcoming with matters of the heart as she. "Perhaps I could put in a good word for you, hm? Perhaps in exchange for any information about that cave near the Bridal Veil Falls?"
"What? Ahahaha! That's! Just!" He denied having such feelings with all the social grace and guile of a soggy towel. "I mean, how did you get that idea? No, no not at-wait did you say Bridalveil Falls?" He seemed shocked to hear Duryss mention the name, for some reason.

Kildrak yelled again, and charged towards the door. Unlike Lush, whose erratic acrobatics were thrilling in their grace-by-way-of-complete-stumbling-chaos, Kildrak just chose a straight line and went for it, muscling past Lyphie, Nahaak, and finally Duryss as he powered his way out of the shop. He also slammed into a table displaying travel cloaks, summer hats, and other garb as he went, knocking it aside and spilling a dozen or so items of clothing all over the shop's floor.

"Oh thanks!" called Chaia at his back. "I'm the one cleaning all that up, of course!"

Outside it was a beautiful, if already a bit hot, summer morning just off the town's main square. A couple of farmers passing nearby with a cart full of dull red fruits looked up as first Lush, then Kildrak charged out into the street. "I'll KILL yeh!" the dwarf boomed, taking another swing at Lush with his newly bulging muscles.
I'll roll his attack here. He's raging now, so Reckless Attack gives him advantage on attacks but also gives opponents advantage on attacks against him. Combined with Lush's combat style, hilariously, this means that their styles cancel each other out and each attacks normally, with no advantage or disadvantage, for this next round. :smallbiggrin:

Attack: [roll0] - result is 15, which is a hit if I am not mistaken.
Damage: 6

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 03:09 PM
Having received a furious pummeling from the dwarf, Lush suddenly cries out in pain. Seeing how the tables seem to have turned, Lush launches a series of erratic flurry of blows against the furious dwarf with newfound determination; almost as if saying, 'now, this means business!' Swinging up, swinging down, and finally making a vertical roundhouse kick towards Killy's jaw.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 04:27 PM
Lush's first hit connected, his second hit was barely blocked by Kildrak's raised forearm, but that created an opening large enough for his roundhouse kick to land devastatingly home. The dwarf wobbled on his feet for a moment, eyes unfocusing, but with a snort and a clench of his jaw he fought it off. "GraaaaaaaaH!!" he said, and clenched both hands together and brought them towards Lushe's stomach in a jackhammer blow which had a lot of fury behind it but left him completely without defense.

Inside the shop, Chaia rolled her eyes and walked around the counter towards the pile of clothes. "Sorry about this. Mr Groot, you wanted one of those healing potions? And I'll go back into the reserve room to get you guys that cloak once I get these other cloaks off the floor." She clop-clopped her way across the wooden planks and began to clean up the mess. As she did so, she finally noticed Bren hanging out in the shadowy corner along with Duryss. "Oh, hey Brent," she said off-handedly. Duryss heard the boy gulp audibly.

Attack roll!

[roll0]
Damage:6

Emmerlaus
2017-01-12, 04:31 PM
" Let me help you..."

Groot help her cleaning the shop.

OCC: I'll check the potion tonight and tell you what Im buying. That Robe of "useful items" is too much like those bag of tricks in 3.5 for my tastes and Im NOT buying or helping buying that :smallannoyed:

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 04:35 PM
Lyphie watches the fight with a slight pout, then notices Chaia and Groot cleaning spilled goods and tries to help. "I hope no one gets hurt bad..."

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 04:38 PM
With a lazy lurch, Lush evades the jackhammer blow, staggering around the angry dwarf. Continuing with attacks from surprising angles, he aims another three blows at Killy.

igordragonian
2017-01-12, 04:49 PM
Nahaak watched the battle with interest, prepared to act, if things will get too wild.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 05:01 PM
The blows landed on the dwarf, one after the other after the other. By the end of it, he managed to give Lush the stink eye one last time, and stumble forward a half step with his finger pointed at him in a 'I'm gonna get you for this!' gesture.

Then he keeled over face first like a falling tree. His impact on the road threw up a small cloud of dust, and then Lush was left swaying in the street, the victor of this mighty conflict.

The two farmers clapped a little bit at the performance, then carried on guiding their cart of fruit to the market.

Inside the shop, Chaia and Groot quickly finished picking up the clothing. "Hey thanks," she said. "Now, about your purchases."

I think that's enough time for shopping, whatever purchases you made be sure to record them on your sheet and deduct the matching funds. Duryss is still talking to Bren, and there is some info to be gathered there, and if you guys want to make the job offer or whatever to Lush that would be stellar as well. Lyphie is somewhat the de facto face for the group so far, along with Duryss, but you guys can handle the invitation however you like.

After that you can decide what to do next. Prime options are:

Head off to the dungeon by land (you can get pack animals for that or go by foot).
Head off to the dungeon by lake (you'll need to hire a boat for that, but it's just 3 gp per person for a trip there and pickup at a time of your choosing).
Head off to talk to the adventurer who was part of the original group who killed the dragon, she is staying at the Cheesy Weasel tavern.

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 05:16 PM
For a while Lush sways and swings the air as if he didn't realise the dwarf fell already. Then, as the realization slowly sinks in, he staggers back into the shoppe, and swoons at the doorstep.
After a short moment, with a snort, Lush cranks himself up from the floor, and shakes his head. "Ouwie! Now I've got a double headache..." Lush manages to mumble incoherently, after which he slowly staggers towards the counter, and speaks to Chaia: "Shorry about the messh. Lemme pay for th' counter crack... an'I'll take 'em all bladders! Don't bother with the pickle, I'll take that too. Easier to keep'em fresh! ...jush, name yer priche... hic!"

Seeing the healing potions on the counter, he hastily adds: "And mayhaps one or two of thoshe too... Godsh under shea know I might need one, or two, if it ain't too pricey..."

I've got 190 gp spare at the moment.

igordragonian
2017-01-12, 05:26 PM
"Good fight." Nahaak tapped on Lush's shoulder, and turned to the seller.
"My sword for two potions." he said, more coldly.

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 05:30 PM
Lyphie looks over to the fallen dwarf, wincing a bit. "That was intense... You did make sure not to kill him, right Mister Lush..?"

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 05:40 PM
"Oh, I guesh he'sh fine... Might need shome gettin' ush'd to th'face-masshage, but... yeah...I'm shure he'sh fine!" Lush mumbles back at Lyphie, rubbing his stomach where the dwarf landed a ringing punch.

Turning to face Nahaak, he adds: "Thanksh... Gosh, I wissh it didn't have to end like thish... it sure has been a rough morning, eh?"

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 05:48 PM
Chaia motioned to the homunculus that was manning the fan, and it retrieved several potions from the high shelves as she took the payments (and sword). She also went to the backroom and re-emerged with the cloak, handing it over once the adventurers figured out how they were splitting up the costs.

Bren looked a bit nervously out at his fallen dwarven leader, but seemed to be involved in his conversation with Duryss for the moment.

CovertCobalt
2017-01-12, 06:30 PM
"What? Ahahaha! That's! Just!" He denied having such feelings with all the social grace and guile of a soggy towel. "I mean, how did you get that idea? No, no not at-wait did you say Bridalveil Falls?" He seemed shocked to hear Duryss mention the name, for some reason

The Likho's grin grows wider than it seems possible, and she giggles with delight. "Oh, my dear boy, I did not wish to upset. But perhaps you would be better served talking to her personally? Tell her how you feel, no matter how terrifying that may be!" She scratches her head absentmindedly. "But if you have information about Bridalveil Falls, I would love to hear it." She stares directly in the boy's face for a bit before turning toward a nearby window.

Duryss peers out of the window at the fight, her gaze tracking Lush with interest. She wonders at the possibility at having such an individual accompany them; he seemed more than competent in combat. She takes moment to pat the young warlock the head before strolling gracefully out of the shop's front door, waving cheerily at Chaia on her way out. "Lyphie, Groot, Nahaak, my boon companions: What say we invite him along for our excursion? The gods smile upon those who seize an opportunity when it is presented." She walks over to Lush, perhaps a bit too close, and proffers her arm for a handshake. She ignores the unconscious dwarf entirely.

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 06:36 PM
Lyphie sighs in relief, then listens to Duryss' invitation and grins. "Yeah, how about it Mister Lush? We could use another friend!"

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 06:53 PM
Waiting for Chaia to answer his suggestion of paying for the damage caused by the sudden brawl, Lush barely notices as Duryss approaches him, juggling the jug of wine into his hand, uncorking it and taking a swig - only to realise the ceramic jug's bottom had shattered to pieces when he smashed the dwarf with it. Groaning, he turns to see Duryss only a few inches from his face, and startles back a few feet, "Uhh, what's thish about, thish talk of shome excurshion?" he asks, shaking the likho's hand with a confused face.

By the way, Lush is already back inside, by the counter.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 07:22 PM
Chaia eventually got back to Lush. "That'll be 66 silvers for the bladders, jar and all" she informed him after carefully weighing their stock, "and if you buy the whole lot I'll round it up to 10 gold to pay for the counter. We've had those things floating in the jar forever, so it's worth it just to get them off our hands." She also handed over the cloak once the payment was sorted out properly.

Bren was looking at the unconscious dwarf in the street with wide eyes, and they only got wider at Duryss's words. "Hey!" he said loudly to drown out Duryss's talk about Chaia. "Hahaha, it's not..." He trailed off. "Look, she doesn't even know me well enough to get my name right. That's why I got this job with Kildrak, to you know. Earn some money and stuff. The Summer festival is in three weeks, so I thought..." he scuffed his foot on the ground. "But anyway, the falls! That's what I was gonna say. This job, it's to get this weird fungus from the falls. The chef from Le Joie de Centaure hired us to get this weird mushroom for the battle of the restaurants at the Summer festival. He's paying ridiculously, so we were coming here into the shop to get supplies. I don't really need anything since I have my magic, but Kildrak said there were some magic boots he'd been eyeing that would help us get the fungus."

He's telling the truth.

Arkhios
2017-01-12, 07:46 PM
Lush reaches into his coin pouch and pulls out a dozen shining silvery coins, "That'sh shettled then! Here's 1 platinum pieshe for the jar and the counter, and another 10 platinum piecesh for two potionsh of healing. Shay, do ye maybe shell any liquor in'ere?"

Steel Mirror
2017-01-12, 07:55 PM
"We...do," she said hesitantly. "Usually people actually drink it elsewhere. But we sell some applejack and distilled spirits." She looked at him weaving unsteadily next to a bottle full of formalin and fish organs, and added "And table cleaner."

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 10:19 PM
"You wanna come with us, Mister Lush? We're going to that cave by the falls to get some mushrooms. I promise it'll be fun!" Lyphie takes the Robe after it's paid for and promptly gets buried in it because she's a tiny birb.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-12, 10:26 PM
"You wanna come with us, Mister Lush? We're going to that cave by the falls to get some mushrooms. I promise it'll be fun!" Lyphie takes the Robe after it's paid for and promptly gets buried in it because she's a tiny birb.

Groot is grumpy: " You sure its a good idea to invite him Lyphie? "

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 10:33 PM

"Rm shrr rr's rrd!" Lyphie's voice is muffled by the robe she's struggling to get off of her

Emmerlaus
2017-01-12, 10:38 PM
"Rm shrr rr's rrd!" Lyphie's voice is muffled by the robe she's struggling to get off of her

Groot help her out: " Need a hand? "

Kushina43
2017-01-12, 10:45 PM
Groot help her out: " Need a hand? "

Lyphie emerges from the robe and shakes her wings out. "Bwah! Thanks, Mister Groot. Anyway I was just saying I think Mister Lush is a good guy overall!"

Arkhios
2017-01-13, 12:01 AM

Not sure what to make of the treefolk's motivations or a rather woody attitude against him, for now Lush decides to just ignore him - maybe he'll come around - and turns his slowly focusing eyes to Lyphie, then to Nahaak, and back at the large single eye staring at him from veeeery close, then looks at the dwarf laying outside. As the dwarf seemed to have moved a bit in his unconscious slumber, Lush shivers and turns back at Duryss and gives that sloppy smile of his, answering in a slowly sobering voice "Yea'shure. I'll come! ...beshidesh, wouldn't want to be around when my new 'friend' Killy wakesh up again. I feel he might acshually want to kill me nexsht time, even though I wissh no shuch harm to him..."

He looks up at Chaia, with a cheerful and already quite sober voice he says: "A bottle of applejack for each of my new friends, including the shady kid in the corner, and a bottle of spirits for Killy outside, as an apology... And a bottle for me, for the road! Here, keep the rest!" and tosses another platinum piece on the counter.

As you can probably tell, Lush is rather generous in nature

Steel Mirror
2017-01-13, 01:33 AM
Chaia's eyes widened, but she snapped up the shiny platinum piece without hesitation before distributing the bottles.

Their business in the shop was basically complete, and their party now filled with the maximum number their license could support, but Bren was still fidgeting with Duryss as they conversed about the other group apparently interested in Bridalveil dungeon.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-13, 09:19 AM
Groot seeing that, say to the seller: " Im sure you never was tipped as much before. Here, take the bottle of Applejack as thanks from me. Its not as much but I believe you'll appreciate it neverthless."

(Groot will follow wherever you wanna go next)

Kushina43
2017-01-13, 12:25 PM
Lyphie beams happily and jumps up almost to the ceiling. "Yay, we got a new friend! Let's go on that adventure soon, I'm excited!"

Emmerlaus
2017-01-13, 01:54 PM
Lyphie beams happily and jumps up almost to the ceiling. "Yay, we got a new friend! Let's go on that adventure soon, I'm excited!"

Groots hugs Lyphie: " You're just too adorable and easily trusting Lyphie. But I guess thats what makes you special!"

He released her with a smile. He have a paternal attitiude toward Lyphie.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-13, 02:25 PM
The bargain struck, the newly outfitted and expanded group of adventurers left the shop, their money bags lighter but their preparations for the caves all completed. They made their way past the crumpled, unconscious form of Kildrak (eventually Bren pulled himself away from Chaia and helped the dwarf out) and down to the docks.

The docks were busy this time of year, with dozens and dozens of humongous logs clogging the harbor and the waters outside it. Loggers from all around the lake would cut trees and then roll them down to the lake, where they floated in huge loosely associated rafts and were slowly channeled to town. In town, the lumber was turned into all manner of things by the Carpenter's guild, the main source of revenue for the area and employment for many of its people. But the adventurers weren't really interested in any of that.

Instead they found a ferryman drinking at the bar, and quickly struck a bargain to use his boat. He blanched quite a bit when he heard their destination, but for 15 gp he eventually agreed to drop them off at the base of the falls, the entrance to the caverns and the old, supposedly haunted temple to the Fairy Queen Titania.

So they struck out onto the open water, wind at their backs and adventure ahead. It was a beautiful, hot day, but the wind and the lake made the temperature more bearable and it was as pleasant a day for sailing on the lake as anyone could ever ask for. Even the ferryman, an elderly human with a beard down to his waist who had been muttering darkly about "damnfool adventurers" the whole time, was pleased. Groot was reminded of his happiest days with his old crew at sea, and his dear friend. Lush felt the clean air and open water driving his hangover away.

Then they reached the base of the waterfall.

https://s24.postimg.org/ost0bi2j9/p1060702_waterfall_hitting_water600.jpg

The pounding of the water hitting the lake was a constant roar that made it difficult to hear each other talk unless they raised their voices. Despite the heat of the day, there was also a thick mist hanging over the base, more than seemed to be reasonable just from the waterfall's splashing. The whole area had a chill to it that had nothing to do with temperature, which made the hairs of their necks stand up.

"It's tough sailing to get in close," yelled their ferryman. "You can't see it from here, but there's an old abandoned dock at the base of the falls that leads to a little grotto where those old fools made their shrine! I kin take you in there, but I'd appreciate some help on the oars! This is your last chance to turn back; I swear to all the gods above that this aint any place for the living, any more. Gives me goose flesh just being this close, and I've lost friends who thought it would be a hoot to come here and see what old Titania might have left behind when her cult moved on." He shivered. "It's an evil place!"

Emmerlaus
2017-01-13, 03:30 PM
" Let me help you stir the boat! And if we die, let's meet up in the afterlife fellow sailor! "

Steel Mirror
2017-01-13, 03:43 PM
The ferryman laughed at Groot's words. "You're the best kinda crazy, treeman! Fine, you take the till, I'll call out directions!" He hopped up from his position holding the rudder tiller to make way for Groot, then hung out over the side of the boat by holding one of the mast ropes and started scanning the waters ahead for obstacles.

Kushina43
2017-01-13, 06:50 PM
Lyphie tries her hardest to peer through the fog, but can't find anything. "Dangit, I can't see a thing... Anyone else see better?"

Arkhios
2017-01-14, 05:31 AM
Without a word, Lush dives into the water and starts looking for submerged rocks, and when he sees any, he'll return to report the ferryman.

It's somewhat a sight to behold as how fast the nereid can swim.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-14, 10:44 AM
Groot is like a fish in water and handle the sailing part, watching the waves and adjusting his course depending of what is being thrown at him.

CovertCobalt
2017-01-14, 01:23 PM
Although she laughs and claps her hands together in delight at Groot's bravery, Duryss quickly becomes cross when it is her turn to take up the oars. Duryss glares into the fog and begins rowing with disdain, grumbling quietly the whole time. "I thought Lush would just get some fish to pull us across the water like a team of sled dogs."

Athletics: [roll0]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-14, 04:53 PM
With Duryss straining at the oars, Groot calling out a rhythm and guiding their path, and Lush resurfacing periodically, they fought the turbulent waters. There were a couple hard bumps as the current pushed them up against shallow rocks, but nothing that endangered the boat. Groot guided the boat eventually to fetch up against a collapsed, half rotted wooden dock which was built into stone supports projecting out about 20 feet into the water.

Beyond it, they could see a gravel shore leading up a grotto carved from the stone, three flat areas of ascending heights, the top of which was dominated by a rotted out shell of an old stone structure which looked down on the entire area from a height of about twenty feet up. A long, wet stone staircase led up to the wrecked stone hut, and the whole area was buffeted with wind and mist from the waterfall, making footing treacherous and the air chill even in the summer heat. Tucked behind the big staircase there was a stone statue, more than 10 feet tall, but far enough away and hidden enough in its corner that they couldn't make out any details just yet.

"Hop on out, then, if yer minds are made up!" the ferryman yelled at them. "I aint waiting around to get haunted at, too!"

https://s30.postimg.org/aztj0k381/Docks600.jpg

As he got closer, Lush managed to swim up to the docks on his own. Beneath the water, he could see the sunken shapes of old, algae-covered bones stuck between the submerged rocks leading up to the small patch of stony shore. There were a couple rusted weapons and bits of armor there too, apparently the rotting remnants of some kind of battle long since lost.

I'll talk a bit about the map in the OOC thread. For now, you guys can jump out onto the rotting dock and declare marching order, as well as any skill rolls you might want to make. The moment the last of you walks out onto shore, the ferryman is getting the heck out of there.

Kushina43
2017-01-14, 06:02 PM
"Thanks for the boat ride, Mister!" Lyphie hops out of the boat and immediately starts scouring the stone area for.. anything neat, really

1. Guess I'm not first, that's fine

2. Investigation: 1d20+1

igordragonian
2017-01-14, 06:02 PM
Nahaak was silent and observing, as he shaped a small wooden figurine. When the boat stopped, he jumped first on the rotting dock.
As Samurai, it was his responsibility to make sure it's safe.

Arkhios
2017-01-14, 07:26 PM
While the journey on boat and fresh air was enough to sharpen his senses, the swimming truly reinvigorated Lush.

Now, while looking at the bones and weapons laying around, he gets a chilling flashback of bad memories from a distant time.

To avoid thinking about the old times, Lush tries to see if there's anything useful within the bones and weapons, and if nothing catches his eyes, he heads back to surface and on the shore.

Roll(1d20)+2:
19,+2
Total:21

CovertCobalt
2017-01-14, 07:29 PM
Duryss snaps a quick salute to the ferryman before gracefully leaping off the boat and onto the docks. Her eye grows wide when she spots the large stone statue, and she rushes over to it immediately, inspecting it carefully for any hints about the area. She calls back to the rest of the group as she examines it in detail. "I've heard quite a few tales about big stone statues like these, comrades. Oftentimes, they hide interesting quirks if you've got the skill to uncover them!"

Investigation: [roll0]

Emmerlaus
2017-01-14, 07:31 PM
Groot shake the sailor hand as he get off: " May the waves watch over you! "

He get on the dock, frown: " Does any of you know that magic cantrip to repair things? That dock would probably need it sometime soon..."

igordragonian
2017-01-14, 07:49 PM
"Give me some time, and wood and I'll fix it in the manly decent way.' Nahaak said proudly.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-14, 07:58 PM
Though most of the debris beneath the water was rusted and rotted to uselessness, Lush managed to find four pitted side swords that could probably be polished up and made serviceable, if not exactly brand new. He also found a pouch containing 10 gold pieces and a little silver ring with a chip of yellowish stone set into it, and also a little stone flute in surprisingly good condition.The rest of his companions could see him moving back and forth beneath the dock as they made their way to shore, taking to the swimming duty like, well, a fish to water. As Lush was finishing up his search, he thought he saw some of the bones beginning to rattle and shake.

Their ferryman made quick progress away from them now that he was riding the current from the waterfall instead of fighting it, and he gave them half a wave as he and the boat they rode in on vanished into the mist.

Duryss, meanwhile, had made it to shore before the rest of them, darting to investigate the statue. They could barely make out her words over the roar of the waterfall, but they could all see the stature a bit better now. It was huge, 20 feet tall, with its crowned head coming up to the height of the stone hut's collapsed window at the top of the long, slick staircase. The figure was an armored warrior with a hugely imposing lantern jaw and ornate armor carved with care from the stone. It was holding out a huge tower shield in front of it laid flat across its two arms, like someone holding a stack of folded shirts. The shield was so flat and so large that it looked like you could probably walk out from the staircase about halfway up and stand on it.

Lyphie came up to Duryss' side and the two of them read the inscription at the base of the statue. "In honor of Balnon's sacrifice, that his example may lift you up as he did the Changeling Princess."

Other than that, none of them found much of interest in the first moments of looking around the area. The constant spray from the waterfall made footing tricky, but it seemed that anything of interest must have been picked over or rotted away long ago. They hadn't yet climbed the stairs to reach the old wrecked cottage, though.

Then, all of them heard a low rattling sound which seemed like it was coming from up the stairs. At the same time, a patch of the cliffside about 20 feet directly above where Lyphie and Duryss were standing began glowing with bright blue light, which came streaming out to gather into a cloaked, glimmering, translucent figure of a woman wearing a heavy robe standing on the steep steps, looking down on all the adventurers. She was headless-or rather, she was holding what appeared to be her own head, ghostly blood staining all down the front of her robes as well as still streaming from her disembodied head's mouth. The blood spat and slurped as she spoke.

"YOU MORTALS DARE TO DISTURB THE SANCTUARY OF THE QUEEN OF ALL FAERIE, TITANIA?"

https://s27.postimg.org/9lx5adkg3/Screen_Shot2.png

CovertCobalt
2017-01-14, 08:35 PM
Duryss is just about to turn to Lyphie to ask what she thinks about the statue's inscription when a booming voice erupts from the stairs and shocks her into silence. She immediately darts to where she can see the source of the voice, her mouth falling agape when she spots the ghostly priestess atop the stairs. She puts a hand upon her shortsword's sheath, but does not yet draw it--perhaps the ghost could be convinced of their legitimacy.

Duryss bows deeply and theatrically to the ghost, her ragged cape fluttering in the wind. "Deepest apologies, most noble priestess! We are but humble supplicants of the revered Queen of Faerie. Our lips may not even be worthy to speak her name, but whispers of her grace and beauty abound even in the land of mortals. I beg forgiveness from you, m'lady, but most of all from the monarch who keeps the balance of seasons." Duryss sinks onto one knee, putting one hand out in utter supplication. "We destitute few beg favor for passage, as we are ordered to carry out a task most sacred to the land of Faerie. Mab, Lady of Air and Darkness, has bid us scour this place clean so that it may again be worthy of the grace of Faerie's highest queen. We are but tools of her will, and it falls upon you to offer us lenience so that we might carry out this task in her honored name."

Yeah, this is utter BS lol. Time to see if Duryss' Charalatan background can come into play in a positive way!

Deception[roll0]

Edit: Damn you, Random Numbers gods!

Steel Mirror
2017-01-14, 08:48 PM
The good news was, the ghost seemed to believe Duryss' words. The bad news was, it seemed that the ghost really believed Duryss' words.

"MAB? LICKSPITTLES AND TOADIES OF MAB HERE, NOW? BETRAYERS! DECEIVERS! TO ARMS, FAITHFUL GUARDIANS OF THE SYLVAN FIELDS! VENGEANCE SHALL BE OURS!"

With that, bones rattled and armor clunked. Four skeletal figures rose into view behind the walls of the ruined cottage on the top of the staircase. Likewise, Four figures stood up from the water around the dock, and they reached for their swords-only to find that Lush had already commandeered them. Instead, they began lurching through the waves and up onto the rotting dock to reach the adventurers with their bony claws, while their allies above took out their bows and aimed arrows down on the party from above.

The ghost screeched in rage, then simply poofed and vanished, the flames billowing out like a candle snuffed out by the wind. Her scream of rage continued, however, echoing around the stony grotto.

Arkhios
2017-01-15, 04:55 AM
Lush's eyes widen in shock, as he is oblivious what was said at the cottage, believing that the ghosts of his past have yet again returned to haunt him.

Checking that all the swords are safely tugged under his sash, he surfaces and climbs on the peer, and seeing one skeleton near him, he takes a staggering posture, aiming a few lazy lurches towards the boneman.

Attack 1: Disadvantage (might hit?)
Roll(1d20)+5:
9,+5
Total:14

Roll(1d20)+5:
16,+5
Total:21

Damage 1:
Roll(2d4)+3:
3,3,+3
Total:9

Attack 2: Disadvantage (yay, fumble!)
Roll(1d20)+5:
1,+5
Total:6

Roll(1d20)+5:
15,+5
Total:20

Damage 2:
Roll(2d4)+3:
3,1,+3
Total:7

Steel Mirror
2017-01-15, 12:38 PM
The skeleton that Lush attacked was just getting settled, clicking its jaw into place with its hand, when he attacked. It wasn't really possible to read any emotions in the permanent sneer of a moldy skull, but you could almost believe that the skeleton looked surprised as Lush's fist hit its jaw, knocked it free, then continued up to smash its skull in one brutally effective, kind of painful strike.

The rest of the skeleton's bones fell to the water with a dozen small splashes, and now Lush was one enemy down. The other three swiveled their empty sockets towards where he was standing on the dock, though, lurched forward, and began to close on his position from three sides.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-15, 01:04 PM
Groot yell to Naahak, our paladin: " Charge the archers Naahak, I'll follow you! "

Ready action to charge after the paladin. I'll attack the one on the other side he is attacking so no flanking from them.

Arkhios
2017-01-15, 02:17 PM
"AAAAAAHHH! TAKE THAT, FIENDSH, AND LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY! I'M SHORRY WHAT HAPPENED, OKAY!?" Lush screams in fear-struck fury as he lands a flailing strike on the skeleton, and stumbles up the stairs towards where he assumes his companions have gone.

25 ft. as straight as possible.

igordragonian
2017-01-15, 06:07 PM
Nahaak frowned, pointing his Guan Dao at the undead archer. He has narrowed his eyes trying to recall anything he knew about them.
"In the name of the carpenter guild!" he growled and charged forward, trying to stab him.

Deathly Awarness
[roll0]
Attack
[roll1]
Damage(?)
[roll2]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-15, 06:34 PM
The footing on the steep mist-soaked bridge was treacherous. Nahaak surged up the steps, gaun dao in hand, and eyes on the archers above.

So he was entirely surprised when he ran through the space which the spectral priestess had previously occupied-only to realize that she was still there. A chill went up and down his spine as he stepped into the square, and all of a sudden her blue, translucent form reappeared. One of her arms still held her head, whose expression was twisted in fury. The other arm was held straight out, and before Nahaak could stop his forward momentum it sunk wrist-deep into his chest.

"DIE!"

The ghost flung Naahak back and he fell down the 10 feet of steps he had just climbed, landing in a heap at the bottom.
That's an opportunity attack. She's trying to use her ghost powers to toss him back down the staircase. You roll opposed Athletics to resist, and I'll roll that for you just to speed things along.

Ghost's opposed roll: [roll0]
Naahak's Athletics: [roll1]
Fall damage (if applicable): [roll2]

So he got knocked back by the ghost, who is now visible again. Groot used up 15 feet of movement already, and was charging up the stairs when the ghost appeared again. You can change your action now if you like, or you can continue charging up the stairs to get withing melee range of one of skeletons 2 and 3. After that it's Duryss' action, then the enemies will go!
https://s30.postimg.org/pw0ompcup/Screen_Shot3.jpg

Steel Mirror
2017-01-15, 06:58 PM
Naahak wasn't out of the brawl yet, though. Quickly pulling a trident from his back, he took aim from his crouched position at the bottom of the stairs and flung it up the staircase, passing just over the shoulder of the ghost and passing through the ribcage of one of the skeletal archers. The trident passed through its ribcage, scattering shattered bones and leaving a thick coating of frost on the undead's remaining ribs and scraps of armor, but it merely continued drawing back the string on its bow, aiming right down at Naahak to return the favor.

Con save for the archer vs Naahak's Ice Blast: [roll0]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-15, 07:10 PM
Groot came up short when he saw his ally get knocked back down the steps, but there was only a moment of hesitation before he simply pounded at the ghost with his giant, barky fists. She was hardly a difficult target; she stood there and all but allowed him to pummel her, and he could feel the thudding impacts like the memory of hitting something with his fists. It didn't feel quite like he was damaging her, it felt more like punching water or window curtains, but judging from her screams of rage and pain it was having an effect.

CovertCobalt
2017-01-15, 08:06 PM
Duryss ditches her false groveling as soon as the ghostly priestess begins raging. She hisses in annoyance and somersaults to her feet, drawing her bow in the same movement. She carefully takes aim and fires an arrow at one of the skeletal archers, hoping to pierce its skull.

She gasps when Nahaak plummets down the stairs, but her shock is replaced with approval when the Oni gets right back up and tosses a trident. She shouts above the din of battle, a sparkle in her eye."Atta boy, Nahaak!"

Aiming for the archer directly behind the priestess, if the angle is doable.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-15, 08:30 PM
Duryss' shot took the same skeleton that Naahak had hit with his trident. The arrow struck true, smacking into the skull's left eye socket and leaving a good three inches of fletching poking out of the skull while the point of the arrow protruded out of the back. The skeleton fell, but its three companions launched arrows down at the struggling adventurers. One arrow streaked down towards each of Duryss, Groot, and Lyphie, while the skeleton that would have attacked Naahak collapsed into a mere pile of bones.
Vs Naahak (he is prone so the attack suffers disadvantage): [roll0], [roll1]
damage vs Naahak: [roll2] - sorry about that, I miscalulated the amount of damage you guys had dealt to the skeleton. Good shot, Duryss! Combined with igordragonian's trident you two saved Naahak from taking that damage.

vs Groot:[roll3]
damage vs Groot: [roll4]

vs Duryss: [roll5]
damage vs Duryss: [roll6]

vs Lyphie (she has half cover so her AC is +2): [roll7]
damage vs Lyphie: [roll8]

Meanwhile, the ghost screeched in fury at Groot after his her face reformed from the translucent mist.

"MAB HAS NO CLAIM HERE, BEGONE FOUL SERVANTS AND TELL YOUR QUEEN OF YOUR FAILURE IN THE AFTERLIFE!"

She slashed her other hand in a broad horizontal motion like she was delivering a backhand slap, and though her hand never contacted Groot's body he felt a spectral force trying to lift him up and throw him down the stairs, much like Naahak had done. Then, following her attack, she once again poofed into invisibility.
She's hitting you with ghost mojo, roll opposed Athletics to resist it. If you fail, you get pushed to the bottom of the stairway and take fall damage, and Duryss has to make a Dex save (DC 12) or take the same damage.

Opposed Ghost mojo: [roll9]
Fall damage if you fail: [roll10]

Finally, while Lush retreated up the steps after claiming his first kill, the remaining three skeletons trudged their way through the water and up the shore, closing towards him and raking their bony fingers through the air like claws. By the time they reached him, only one had enough momentum to try attacking, but the rest bunched up around him just below where everyone else was engaging the archers.
Claws w/ disadv thanks to drunken style:[roll11], [roll12]
damage: [roll13]

https://s29.postimg.org/55ugtb8x3/Screen_Shot4.jpg

Kushina43
2017-01-15, 09:24 PM
Lyphie turns her head back to the sound of combat and gasps. "Oh no, enemies!" She moves back from the statue a bit and takes out her banner, planting it into the ground. "Mister Lush, you can do it, stand your ground! Mister Groot, Mister Naahak, you're gonna be fine!" She then points at Duryss confidently. "Lady Duryss, nice shot! But I know you can do better!"

Here goes nothing

Action: move and Plant Banner two spaces to the right/East/however the map works.
Inspiring Word: Bolster on Groot, Lush, and Nahaak: +[roll0] temp HP

Bonus: Battle Inspiration die (d4) to Duryss (10 min., add temp hp or to attack roll, ability check, or save. +3 if used to attack)

Let's hope I don't screw any of this up lol

Arkhios
2017-01-15, 11:53 PM
Facing the cottage, Lush's face distorts in horror as he sees the ghost appear - and speak - and is about to run away the other direction, only to realize just now that the way's been blocked by three more skeletons.

Lush stares at them mouth agape in horror, and shakes his head as he's looking for a way out. Seeing there's none, Lush closes his eyes, whimpering: "I'm shorry, I'm shorry, I'm shorry...."

He quickly snags a swig from his bottle of distilled spirits, hoping that the drink drives the haunts away, then resumes the flailing against the skeletons, as if trying to clear his way away from the ghost, though Lyphie's words of courage did somewhat help in his decision to fight instead of cowering in place.

I suppose I can switch targets as they drop, right? (Not that it matters much now)

Roll(2d4)+3:
1,4,+3
Total:8

Roll(1d20)+5:
11,+5
Total:16

Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5
Total:22

Roll(2d4)+3:
3,3,+3
Total:9

Roll(1d20)+5:
12,+5
Total:17

Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5
Total:7

Here goes nothing

Action: move and Plant Banner two spaces to the right/East/however the map works.
Inspiring Word: Bolster on Groot, Lush, and Nahaak: +[roll0] temp HP

Bonus: Battle Inspiration die (d4) to Duryss (10 min., add temp hp or to attack roll, ability check, or save. +3 if used to attack)

Let's hope I don't screw any of this up lol

I don't see anything gone wrong there :)

Steel Mirror
2017-01-16, 12:26 AM
Lush struck and stumbled and attacked with tremendous athletic ability. His first blow landed with crushing force, shattering a pelvis and collapsing the monster into another pile of bones. His second blow went wide, and the final two skeletons kept their sockets focused on him as they closed in with grasping skeletal fingers and empty, grinning skulls.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-16, 08:55 AM
Groot: " Charge the ghost again! Trust me! We will succed this time!"

Once the death knight charge her again, Groot charge behind him . If she appear, he attack her. If she doesnt, he stop and attack her in his track.

igordragonian
2017-01-16, 06:26 PM
After losing his trident, Nahaak was annoyed- he hoped he could grab it later.
Annoying undeads. Bah!
He took again his Quan Dao trying to stab the ghost, despite it dissaperiance.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage?
[roll1]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-16, 07:18 PM
Naahak swung his mighty weapon through the air where they had last seen the ghostly priestess. His weapon, though, merely swished through the empty space without meeting any resistance or giving any visible sign that the ghost was there at all. From all around them, a ghostly, sourceless cackle echoed off the stones.

https://s29.postimg.org/psjvk5lfb/Screen_Shot5.jpg

Steel Mirror
2017-01-16, 07:44 PM
As Groot charged up the slick, steep steps and past his ally, he almost reached the top steps. Then, just like had happened a few seconds earlier when Naahak collided with the apparition, Groot all but ran straight through the ghost as it kindled back into visibility. It was standing directly in his path at the top of the steps, and it stretched out a hand and pushed into the floran monk, trying to knock him all the way back down to the bottom of the stairs yet again.

Rolling opposed ghostly powah again, roll Athletics to resist: [roll0]
damage if you fail and fall to the bottom of the stairs: [roll1]

https://s28.postimg.org/xsqb37z25/Screen_Shot6.jpg

igordragonian
2017-01-16, 08:02 PM
Nahaak growled.
"Annoying ghost! I'll shishkabab you!" he growled and ran forward by Groot's side and tried again to slash the ghost.

attack

[roll0]

Damage?
[roll1]

Emmerlaus
2017-01-17, 01:46 AM
Nahaak growled.
"Annoying ghost! I'll shishkabab you!" he growled and ran forward by Groot's side and tried again to slash the ghost.

attack

[roll0]

Damage?
[roll1]

Groot raise up and charge her following the paladin.

(Only use one attack, use my monk second action to raise up)

CovertCobalt
2017-01-17, 10:33 AM
Duryss gives Lyphie a grin before leaping to Lush's side, replacing the bow in her hands with a small, wickedly sharp sword. Ensuring that the skeleton is preoccupied with the strangely competent drunkard next to her, she lashes out at its legs, attempting to destroy it before it can react to her sudden assault. She laughs in delight as she slashes, enjoying the excitement of battle. "I've got a bone to pick with you, skinny!"

BEcause I'm adjacent to an enemy that's also adjacent to an ally, I get advantage on this attack roll. I'm going to attack the one directly in front of Lush, toward the bottom of the map.

Attack with Advantage (Adding Lyphie's free +3 bonus!)
Attack Roll 1:1d20+5+3
Attack Roll 2:1d20+5+3

Edit: Oops... Reposting attack rolls in the OOC thread cuz I'm a goon.

Damage
Shortsword: [roll0]
Sneak Attack: [roll1]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-17, 02:42 PM
Duryss moved to engage the skeleton even as Groot slammed down into the space she'd been standing at the foot of the stairs yet again. Her blade carved neatly through the spinal column of the skeleton that was partially distracted by her unsteady (but curiously unscathed from this battle) ally, turning it into just one more pile of molding old bones. The one remaining skeleton at the bottom of the stairs, undaunted, continued raking its fingers at Lush.

Just an attack roll.
[roll0]
[roll1]

damage: [roll2]

On the staircase, the angry ghost priestess roared again as Groot flung himself to his feet, charged up the stairs, and hit her, but she gestured imperiously at Naahak, who was standing on the steps nearby. His hit with the Guan Dao had stung more mightily than Groot's fist. Yet again, the carpenter samurai felt the ghostly pressure of her will pushing against him, trying to fling him back down the stairs. Then, once again, she disappeared.

Opposed roll: [roll3]

fall damage if he fails: [roll4]

The archers were still going at, as well. The two of them behind the statue aimed their arrows at Groot, while the third one sent an arrow at Naahak.

Attacks at Groot:[roll5]
[roll6]

damage: [roll7]
[roll8]

Attack vs Naahak:[roll9]
damage: [roll10]
Note that Naahak's position may not be accurate, pending how he rolls on that opposed Athletics.
https://s29.postimg.org/hwpw2hq9z/Battle_Progress.jpg

Kushina43
2017-01-17, 11:22 PM
Lyphie quickly surveys the battle around her and looks back at the statue. Internally going over her idea for a moment, she nods and draws her weapon, then hops up the ten feet to the shield/platform of the statue. She then attempts to jump over the head of the statue and land on the wall behind it.

Athletics Jump w/Advantage: [roll0]
[roll1]

If successful, Acrobatics balance w/Adv: [roll2]
[roll3]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-17, 11:33 PM
Lyphie soared through the air, wings flapping madly for the duration of the first hop, and relying more on pure muscle power to push her tiny frame for the second one. She landed with effortless grace on the collapsed wall right in front of the two skeletal archers in the corner. They turned their blank skulls to face her, unable to react in time before she was able to take further action.

[spoiler=Success! You reach the top of the wall and still have an action, so lay it on us, bird-girl![/spoiler]

Kushina43
2017-01-17, 11:50 PM
Lyphie brandishes the rapier and points it at the skeleton archer right in front of her. "Have a taste of this, you skelly!"

Target is Archer 1
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Steel Mirror
2017-01-18, 05:04 PM
The skeleton in front of Lyphie took her blow right to the skull, sending its rusty old helmet bouncing into a corner of the ruined old room but leaving the skeleton standing. Now that she had a better vantage point, she could see that the room was filled with old, moldering furniture and a piles of rubble and collapsed roofing. She was standing in what had once been a window, and all across the floor beneath the skeletons there were leaking old casks of something with puddles of some viscous liquid seeping out onto the floors.

It's everyone's turn now, you guys go get that ghost!
https://s28.postimg.org/ag4rlbmbx/Battle_Progress.jpg

Arkhios
2017-01-19, 06:58 AM
In his drunken haze, Lush is seeing double and aims a hit at the recently fallen skeleton's direction, only ending up knocking himself off balance and accidentally elbows the skeleton when he tumbles to regain his balance.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If the attack hits, Lush turns around and sees his companions fighting something at the upper end of the steep stairs and, with the little self-control he has left, rushes to their aid. If I can attack something (e.g. the ghost), use bonus action for Martial Arts punch/kick/accidental headbutt/whatever (see the rolls in OOC chain). If not, then Lush will just approach them as far as he can.

Emmerlaus
2017-01-19, 09:13 AM
Groot is going following the paladin, who seem to seek for the ghost. He make a ready action to attack her if she appear again to attack her first if she appear.

Steel Mirror
2017-01-19, 05:16 PM
Lush's first attack went wide, and even the the cumbersome skeleton was able to dodge the lumbering blow with ease. Unfortunately, that meant it was in prime position for the second of Lush's unpredictable strikes, which landed squarely in it's chest, shattering ribs with a loud CRACK and leaving the skeleton barely tottering in front of him, still brandishing its bony fingers.

The first attack was a miss, so I'm assuming that the second roll would be applied to the skeleton in front of Lush and that he wouldn't end up moving so as not to provoke the opportunity attack. If either of those assumptions are wrong, just let me know and I'll edit as appropriate! The skeleton is still standing, but barely.

CovertCobalt
2017-01-21, 04:32 PM
Duryss whirls her shortsword around again just as Lush's tottering blow connects, aiming to sever the skeleton's head from its bony shoulders. "Look at you, you undead idiot! You're a coward: entirely gutless!" The one-eyed girl laughs as she slashes and pivots, the adrenaline of battle thundering through her veins.

Attacking the skeleton Lush just hit.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

igordragonian
2017-01-21, 06:14 PM
"Baka-ghost~! Stop dissapearing~!" Nahaak grumbled, and charged forward- if the ghost doesn't apear he will slash the skeleton archer at his left.

Deathly Awarness
search for the ghost
[roll0]
[roll1]

Attack

[roll2]
if damage
[roll3]