PDA

View Full Version : Are there any templates for Weredinosaurs?

Zephonim
2017-01-09, 06:39 PM
I am making a Saurian Shifter Cohort who is going weretouched master pre-errata and i was hoping there were weredinosaur templates. Or i'll just borrow like weretiger sats i guess.

I want to got Velociraptor the big kind

Edit: Dragon magazine is fine but no 3rd party

ComaVision
2017-01-09, 06:42 PM
What? The Lycanthrope template works fine with dinosaurs. Read the MM or SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm).

Necroticplague
2017-01-09, 06:44 PM
I am making a Saurian Shifter Cohort who is going weretouched master pre-errata and i was hoping there were weredinosaur templates. Or i'll just borrow like weretiger sats i guess.

I want to got Utah Raptor

Edit: Dragon magazine is fine but no 3rd party

The general Lycanthrope template can be applied to allow for were-dinosaurs.

Creating A Lycanthrope

"Lycanthrope" is a template that can be added to any humanoid or giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The lycanthrope template can be inherited (for natural lycanthropes) or acquired (for afflicted lycanthropes). Becoming a lycanthrope is very much like multiclassing as an animal and gaining the appropriate Hit Dice.
Size and Type

The base creature’s type does not change, but the creature gains the shapechanger subtype. The lycanthrope takes on the characteristics of some type of carnivorous or omnivorous creature of the animal type (referred to hereafter as the base animal).

This animal can be any predator, scavenger, or omnivore whose size is within one size category of the base creature’s size (Small, Medium, or Large for a Medium base creature). Lycanthropes can also adopt a hybrid shape that combines features of the base creature and the base animal. A lycanthrope’s hybrid form is the same size as the base animal or the base creature, whichever is larger.
All dinosaurs I'm aware of are Animals, and a good chunk are predatory or omnivorous, so a good amount of dinosaurs qualify. Heck, a half-minotaur human could be were-t-rex without any rules problems (though they would be an epic creature).

Zephonim
2017-01-09, 06:47 PM
What? The Lycanthrope template works fine with dinosaurs. Read the MM or SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm).

Oh... i didn't realize you could just make them on your own. I apologize for being retarded

Rebel7284
2017-01-10, 12:08 AM
Oh... i didn't realize you could just make them on your own. I apologize for being retarded

The ableist language choice isn't great. :\

Besides that, yeah, Were-Fleshrakers are pretty sweet!

You can also do all sorts of ridiculous things with getting lycanthropy to qualify for a prestige class, then curing lycanthropy once the class self-qualifies. Probably outside of the scope of the question, I just find this neat. :)