PDA

View Full Version : clarifying question about White Wolf's Storyteller system (Aberrant)

Noje
2017-01-09, 09:51 PM
I've been trying to learn aberrant for a game I plan on running in the future and I am a bit confused on how the combat systems work. Are accuracy rolls separate from damage rolls or are they one in the same? how are hits determined? does ranged combat and melee combat have entirely different systems or am I just crazy?

lightningcat
2017-01-16, 05:22 PM
You are attempting to run Aberrant, so yes you are crazy.
But in my book, the information starts on page 239.

But in short it goes like this:
Make attack roll, this is also your Accuracy roll. This uses (Dexterity + Martial Arts or Melee or Firearms) or (Strength + Brawl) depending on how the character is attacking. This may be resisted by the target by blocking, dodging, or parrying.
Roll damage, including extra damage dice from extra successes on the attack roll. Subtract the armor of the target from the damage dice pool.
Damage has a minimum of 1 die.

Hope that helps some.

Noje
2017-01-16, 08:09 PM
Oh, ok, that helps a lot, thank you. somehow I had the notion that you rolled once for both accuracy and damage (honestly that sounds better in some ways).

what makes it so crazy to run aside from half the book being written like a senior citizen navigating a webpage?

Yael
2017-01-16, 08:32 PM
Yeah, well, if you throw a MEGA STRENGTH character when they have no good resistances, expect some One Punch Man stuff right there :smallsigh: