PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Huecava as a character in D&D 3.5? apropriate LA advice

Lemongrove
2017-01-10, 06:45 AM
me and my two friends have been playing an undead campaign for about 4 weeks now, and were not too far into it but its quite a brutal campaign. me and the other player are both level 6 and we just faced a strong demon enemy which nearly killed us both in a couple of turns (but for the life of me i cannot remember the type of demon) suffice to say we nearly got slaughtered. my friend is playing a dread necromancer and im currently playing something akin to a powered up rogue and we both have the metropolitan feat applied to us(no idea if that is homebrew or a real feat but all it does is give you the undead type). so just in case im trying to get the legwork for playing a a different character just in case my first one dies (which is pretty likely) so i was thinking a huecava seeing as we have to play undead. but the problem i ran into is a huecava doesn't have a listed LA since you are not supposed to play as them. but the only reason i see that you cant play as them is due to the decrease in intelligence so i was wondering what the LA would be for that race.

Inevitability
2017-01-10, 08:30 AM
First of all, I think you meant to say 'necropolitian' rather than 'metropolitian' there.

Eyeballing it, I'd say +1 is enough on a huecuva. The slam and disease won't affect gameplay that much, the turn resistance is cancelled out by the LA, the ability scores are more-or-less even and the bonus feat won't matter much. The DR is pretty powerful, but Divine Conversion is just annoying. Also, don't forget that a huecava will either be a class that suffers greatly from lost caster levels (cleric, druid) or a class that's not that powerful to begin with (monk, paladin).

That said, if your game is less optimized, I think +2 LA may be in order. Could you give some example PC's so that we can gauge the optimization level?

Lemongrove
2017-01-10, 10:21 AM
hey thanks for the reply , first of all yes i did mean to write necropolitan i probably spell checked it without looking, about the gauging optimisation levels there is not a lot of info i can give you seeing as the game we are playing is relatively new and our DM only runs it when im too tired to run rogue trader for them so he dosent really optimise the enemies he runs, but i would say our optimisation level between me and my fraind is fairly low due to the fact we rarely stray from the core rulebook this is probably the first time we have tried something different as characters. but i have to say thanks a lot for your help, i honestly didn't think i would get a reply. :smallbiggrin:

Inevitability
2017-01-10, 10:43 AM
hey thanks for the reply , first of all yes i did mean to write necropolitan i probably spell checked it without looking, about the gauging optimisation levels there is not a lot of info i can give you seeing as the game we are playing is relatively new and our DM only runs it when im too tired to run rogue trader for them so he dosent really optimise the enemies he runs, but i would say our optimisation level between me and my fraind is fairly low due to the fact we rarely stray from the core rulebook this is probably the first time we have tried something different as characters. but i have to say thanks a lot for your help, i honestly didn't think i would get a reply. :smallbiggrin:

Happy to help. If you're not very optimized, I'd recommend +2 LA.