PDA

View Full Version : Psionics-magic transparency question

Eisfalken
2017-01-10, 08:34 AM
Had some interesting ideas, wanted to get some general knowledge on how to work it.

1. Limited wish permits you to mimic a spell of 5th level or lower from any list that isn't wizard/sorcerer. Would this include psionics as well? Could you use limited wish to mimic a 5th or lower power off the psion/wilder list?

2. Does UMD have transparency in activating psionic items under transparency? I know you can't use anything that absolutely requires using PP, if you don't have them, but if it just requires activation/triggering in general, will UMD do it?

exelsisxax
2017-01-10, 08:46 AM
Had some interesting ideas, wanted to get some general knowledge on how to work it.

1. Limited wish permits you to mimic a spell of 5th level or lower from any list that isn't wizard/sorcerer. Would this include psionics as well? Could you use limited wish to mimic a 5th or lower power off the psion/wilder list?

2. Does UMD have transparency in activating psionic items under transparency? I know you can't use anything that absolutely requires using PP, if you don't have them, but if it just requires activation/triggering in general, will UMD do it?

1. No. Note the bold.

2. If this is PF, use the UMD for psionic items (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/skills/use-magic-device-cha-trained-only) rules. It works basically like normal UMD, but with brainburn for all severe failures and you have to address power stones separately from activating them.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-01-10, 08:47 AM
1. I don't think so; Bend Reality/Reality Revision specifically call out that they can't do spells, so I don't see why the reverse would be true.
2. Definitely not; otherwise there would be no need for Use Psionic Device. Not even the Magic Mantle makes them work together.

Transparency just means that SR=PR, Detect and Dispel Magic work on psionics, and dead magic zones affect both.