PDA

View Full Version : Aetheria (IC)

josienoms
2017-01-10, 10:02 AM
When last we saw our heroes, the Nothus Gods, they had braved many dangers to reach the home of the Cipactli tribe: Huacan, the City of Gods and Monsters. The feast is being laid out, and the Tlapetlani has arrived.

The beast snarls at Cass's response to its disdain.

"Portents. Omens. Why should I believe you? And what reason should I let you stay at my banquet, instead of just eating you?"

The massive creature had never put much stock into prophecy, sadly.

ChaosArchon
2017-01-10, 10:06 AM
Azorcha sits silently, giving Cass time to respond. But even as he looks at the beast, the ambient air around him begins to grow stale and cold as even heat begins to die as the god of death grows in righteous rage.

shorewood
2017-01-10, 02:44 PM
Haramhold looks up at the beast, as through a haze the chains weighing heavily on him. Observing the might of the monster. So strong and yet it thirsts for power. Cass's plan had better work.

Kell_tamer
2017-01-21, 03:55 PM
The Huntress raised an eyebrow at the implications. Talking or not an animal is an animal. Immortal or not an animal is an animal. She mentally settled on it. This thing will be her prey.

Obscurejones
2017-01-23, 10:30 AM
"Because if we meant you harm we would not have brought those who sought to betray you. It would have been as it was for the people of the Chained God. Your lands would have simply gone quiet. Your people would vanish one by one till you had no blood to draw upon, no one to prepare your feasts. You would have starved and left an empty throne."
Cassandra lets the nature of the threat hang in the air for a moment, wandering over to inspect Haramhold. She rests a hand on the bound god's shoulder before turning to the beast with a cheerful smile.
"But to be honest? I like you. And the stars like you more. You're going to win. This world. And the world that rises from this one's ashes. This feast will be the first of many we share. I want to be on the winning team. And not just the team that wins the battle. I want to win the war. I want to be there when the last fire burns low and someone pisses on the coals of civilization. And that means you and us need to be friends."
Manipulation 3 + Presence 5[roll0] One auto sux

josienoms
2017-01-24, 10:40 AM
"I like the way you think."

The Tlapetlani smiles, and it's most assuredly a gruesome sight. It's all razor sharp six-inch fangs and menace. Its stubby front arms wriggle and it clenches its two fingers into tiny fists. It would seem that it has been duped.

"With that, I say let the feast begin!"

The Cipactli gods dig in with gusto, enjoying their native foods. Chipateotl offers Lunette a shank of Alpaca.

Tziztimitl looks to Azorcha appraisingly, her sunken eyes narrowed.

"So, god of death, they tell me you dwell beneath the seas. Doesn't it get cold?"

Maizeteotl, the small goddess of agriculture, glances up nervously at Haramhold.

"Gods should not be slaves. I... I don't know what to say. I'm sorry, I suppose."

Meanwhile, Tzekel-Kan leans over to Cass. He whispers in her ear.

"That was delightfully done, but don't think you've fooled me."

Kell_tamer
2017-01-24, 10:48 AM
Lunette accepts but watches from the corner of her eye the way the beast moves and feasts. Stubby arms... useless for fighting. It has to rely primarily upon charging and using its bite. She would keep that in mind.

Obscurejones
2017-01-24, 10:54 AM
Cassandra turns to Tzekel-Kan and smiles so all her teeth are visible just for a moment, as predatory as she can. Then she leans in to whisper to him in turn.
"I'll let you know a secret, Tzekel. I wasn't lying about being here at the end. Only the method. But delightfully? If I get my way? You get to be there at the end too."
She pulls pack just a little and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"So be nice to me. Or I'll feed your testicles to your Beast as a pate while they're still attached."

shorewood
2017-01-24, 11:50 AM
Haramhold glances at the small god of agriculture, he wants to feel grateful for her sympathy, but it is hard. Its hard to feel anything with these chains, feasting upon him.

josienoms
2017-01-26, 09:46 AM
Tzekel-Kan's face splits into an unsettling grin.

"Don't fret, my dear. You were already my favorite. But this? Well now, there just might be something... mutually beneficial for our peoples in our relationship."

Maizeteotl frowns at Haramhold.

"Did they take out your tongue, or something? I've seen worse happen to slaves, but I thought someone divine would receive better treatment."

Meanwhile, in her analysis of the Tlapetlani's weaknesses, notices that it's eyeing one of the serving girls with a predatory look...

Obscurejones
2017-01-26, 10:16 AM
Quite pleased with herself, Cassandra tucks into, looking for a particularly amusing protein source.

Kell_tamer
2017-01-26, 01:04 PM
Lunette is definitely not a fan. She's also not exactly a flirt either. She needed someone to beckon the girl over.

Screw it.

She whistles to the girl and holds up a cup.

ChaosArchon
2017-01-26, 06:35 PM
Azorcha matches Tziztimitl's narrow gaze,"The cold doesn't bother me. I'm told the stars are far hotter than they first appear. How do you stand it? All the pressure, heat, and...empty space."

josienoms
2017-01-27, 10:26 AM
Tzekel-Kan leans in to Cass again.

"Tell me, in your vision of the glorious future, what becomes of the thunder lizard?"

He rolls his eyes towards the Tlapetlani.

Meanwhile, the Tlapetlani is too distracted to notice the whispered conversation, and its eyes follow the serving girl as she goes to refill Lunette's cup.

Tzitzimitl ponders Azorcha's response.

"I have the company of the souls up there, it is far less empty than it would appear. Though, with more and more of our people ending up in the Tlapetlani's belly, the heavens have seen their flow of souls reduced to a trickle."

Kell_tamer
2017-01-27, 10:29 AM
Lunette gestures the girl closer and whispers. "The lizard wants to eat you. So i'd be careful with getting close."

She smiles and thanks the serving girl.

shorewood
2017-01-27, 06:48 PM
"I can speak" Haramhold intones as if from a great distance "I have found it wise to only speak when spoken too"

Obscurejones
2017-01-30, 02:03 PM
"The Beast will live on in the legends of man until they no longer have any reason to fear the unknown, no reason to think there could be anything greater then themselves."
Tearing the last little bit of meat off a bone with her teeth, Cassandra slides into her masculine shape and throws the bone to bounce off Haramhold's head.
"The name doesn't stick though. That many letters? Really? Gets stripped down to the iconography. Beast. Maybe tyrant lizard."

josienoms
2017-02-01, 01:22 PM
The girl gulps, her voice shaking as she speaks. She has the tone of someone who's been indoctrinated, but is still fearful.

"I-it is an honor to feed the Tlapetlani... If I must be its meal, I will face his jaws with dignity. My head held high."

Meanwhile, Maizeteotl looks Haramhold up and down.

"You've truly been broken, haven't you? I know how you feel. The Tlapetlani has made slaves of all of us..."

Her voice is a hushed whisper, as if she's afraid of being overheard.

Tzekel-Kan shrugs, and waves a dismissive hand.

"Pity. I was hoping you'd say I got to kill him."

Obscurejones
2017-02-01, 01:25 PM
"Oh, don't worry, dear. You get to spill plenty of blood today."
Cassandra scans the table for more things to throw at Haramhold.

Kell_tamer
2017-02-01, 01:28 PM
Lunette grabs the girls hand and pulls her close. She whispers. "Do not settle for simply being a meal... you have the potential to be much more." She lets the girl's hand go.

shorewood
2017-02-01, 01:33 PM
The chained god's features soften for a moment in sympathy before that too was diminished into apathy by the hunger of the chains.

ChaosArchon
2017-02-07, 04:55 PM
Azorcha sits silently, the hanging judge watching all the events unfold as all things must, as all endings are birthed anew.

josienoms
2017-02-08, 12:20 AM
The girl meets Lunette's eyes. Her demeanor is one of dignity and rigid pride, but her eyes... Her eyes are those of a scared child. She starts to glance up at the Tlapetlani, and makes a break for it.

The beast isn't having any of that. It gets to its feet and starts to plod after her.

Obscurejones
2017-02-08, 12:23 AM
Cassandra sighs and hangs her head. With a weary note in her voice she turns to drolly look at Lunette.
"Should I take this to mean we are in motion? Azorcha, could you be a dear and locate that pesky spear?"

Kell_tamer
2017-02-08, 12:33 AM
Lunette wastes no time. Her bow is out and she's already firing a shot. Attempting to stumble the beast to the ground. Moonlight fires from the endless quiver towards its ankle. Something that big would have trouble getting up with those stubby arms.

epic dex 2 so two atuo sux. Spending a willpower for a success. I believe my knack lets me ignore penalties for called shots if i spend a legend so sure. 9 dice +2 sux
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

If it's bad imma spend a legend to reroll.

josienoms
2017-02-08, 12:47 PM
The Tlapetlani stops in its tracks. The Moonbeam bounces off its leathery, feathery hide. Slowly it turns to face Lunette.

Its roar of outrage shakes the very foundations of the earth.

Time to Join Battle, mother****ers!

Kell_tamer
2017-02-08, 12:55 PM
Lunette curses quietly under her breath, Her hand darts for the key slamming it hard into haramholds chains to unlock him as she preps for the fight. She prepared to lead it into the woods. Make herself the hunter.

pool of six + stunt
[roll0]
stunt
[roll1]

shorewood
2017-02-08, 02:17 PM
The lock clicks open a gasp of relief escaping the Smith as the chains fall to the ground. The stones around the chains shiver as ice coats them, the surrounding grass withering into dust. Haramhold stands his shoulders broad, head held high, eyes gleaming with power raises a hand. Vechulz shifting into a ball of light as he leaps in front of the beast, slamming his fist into the ground. The light spreading around the tyrant carving a circle into the earth and forming a shimmering dome to encase the vile creature.

Activating my ward boon, it costs 1 legend and 1 willpower. I am specifying the tyrant beast inside it as the creature it wards against. Creatures with an equal to or less than legend than Haramhold (4) which match the type I specify (so just the beast) cannot pass through it. If the creature has a higher legend it can attempt to break through it.

This roll is to activate the ward. It will have a HL equal to (Legend * 4)+activate roll successes and a Hardness of Legend. So it will have HL=16+roll with a Hardness of 4.
Activation roll [roll0]
and I will get 4 additional auto successes to this roll due to legend

Stunt if any [roll1]

shorewood
2017-02-08, 03:19 PM
little typo it should be 5*legend, not 4*legend and Kell_Tamer was amazing in pointing out that epic stamina gives me an additional success so the Barrier has 30 health levels in total with a hardness of 4. More if Josienoms allows some stunts

in addition I suggested and Joisenoms agreed that the ward boon should be nerfed to instead read *beings of legend/2 cannot harm the barrier* so that gods of equal too or slightly less than legend can still chip away at it

shorewood
2017-02-08, 06:11 PM
forgot to roll his join battle roll
[roll0]

Obscurejones
2017-02-08, 07:52 PM
Grumbling to herself Cassandra turns to glare at the Beast.
"Oi! Your mother was a newt of loose morals! And your father was likely also not that great. Below average really. Like your arm length you stumpy reprobate!"
Perhaps not the most biting of observations, but as she spits her sub par vitriol she crooks one hand into an ancient and slightly unwieldy sign of ill intent, levying a curse carried by her words. With the other hand she grabs a potato off the table and throws it at Haramhold's head again.
MAking use of Tactical Planning Knack, my Join Battle uses Intelligence in place of Wits. Intelligence 5 +Awareness 1 [roll0] One Auto Sux from Epic Intelligence

Using the free action that we all seem to be taking(:tongue:), casting Evil Eye from my Magic Purview. Costs one Legend, uses Manipulation 3 + Presence 5 [roll1] Also applying Stunt if any to this roll [roll2] Adding One Auto Sux from Epic Manipulation. The Beast will take a -5 penalty to all actions for a number of actions equal to Sux.

ChaosArchon
2017-02-09, 05:28 PM
Shadows lengthen and sepulchral wails fill the air as the god of the abyss stands with a grace equal parts quick and inexorable. From within his robes Azorcha pulls out his sword and the Blade sings as it leaves its sheath, ready to perform its duty along side its god.

Wits (2)+ Awareness (4): [roll0]

stunt: [roll1]

josienoms
2017-02-14, 12:54 PM
Chipateotl smirks.

"Are we finally rebelling against the lizard? About time!"

The other three gods aren't as happy about it. They rise from their chairs, prepared to fight, while the Tlapetlani bites impotently at the ward.

So, to avoid cluttering up the thread, I did the JB rolls elsewhere. Our order of combat is:

Tick 1: Tzekel-Kan
Tick 2: The Tlapetlani
Tick 3: Cass and Chipateotl
Tick 4: Lunette and Haramhold
Tick 5: Maizeteotl
Tick 6: Azorcha

Tzekel-Kan draws a short obsidian knife from his belt, and slashes at Cass.

"I was hoping to trick you into thinking I'd help you kill the beast, but this is certainly satisfying in a much more visceral manner."

So, his to-hit roll: [roll0] He's not exactly a combat monkey. I'll roll his damage if he hits in another post, but I doubt he will.

Meanwhile, the Tlapetlani smashes its head into the ward, attempting to batter through it.

Strength+Brawl roll for damage to the ward, with three autosux from Epic Strength.

[roll1]

Tick 1: Tzekel-Kan
Tick 2: The Tlapetlani
Tick 3: Cass and Chipateotl
Tick 4: Lunette and Haramhold
Tick 5: Maizeteotl
Tick 6: Azorcha

Obscurejones
2017-02-23, 02:51 PM
Time stands still for a moment as Cassandra sees all the different paths that her opposed counterpart's blade could take. A gleaming arc here and a spray of red mist as he severs her life. Perhaps he twists his wrist at the wrong moment and manages farcically to only catch her with the flat, barely managing to scratch at her robes with the tip of the knife. No, best still to stand simply where the strike will not be. Time resumes as she unflinchingly stands where his clumsy attack isn't.
"Far be it from me to criticize another in their purview but you're actually a tremendously poor liar. It helps to start from a point of believability. Some possibility are simply too outlandish. Like an idiot like yourself being clever enough to join our cause. But take heart Tzekel-Kan. There is still some service you will do me."
Cassandra smirks as the weight of Tzekel's future binds him to be as ineffectual as his attempts at deception.
Casting Evil Eye again. Costs one Legend, uses Manipulation 3 + Presence 5 [roll0] Stunt if any[roll1] Adding One Auto Sux from Epic Manipulation. The Idiot will take a -5 penalty to all actions for a number of actions equal to Sux.

Kell_tamer
2017-02-28, 12:16 AM
Lunette swaps from her bow to her spear and shield. Getting up close is now the plan. She rushed toward the flank planning to take it down up close. She drove it off its stability so others could hammer it down. It would not be able to survive any onslaught.
So... 2 actions, swapping weapons and imposing a penalty on it I spend 4 legend reducing its DVs from close combat by 4 using my Tide power.

shorewood
2017-03-04, 02:12 PM
The Smith looks around, at the beast contained for now, the other gods calling to arms, the mortals scattering in a mad panic and then back to the beat tearing against his power. "How does it feel? To be trapped and helpless like so many you have preyed upon." Taking a step back Haramhold molds another cage of shimmering light placing not a handspan further out than the one the tyrant batters at.

Haramhold is going to toss down another bubble ward around the tyrant beast. It will have a Hardness of 4 and 20 health levels +# of successes + 4 from legend and +1 from epic stamina
[roll0]

shorewood
2017-03-04, 02:15 PM
okay so this second ward will have 28 health levels

josienoms
2017-03-08, 12:32 PM
The Tlapetlani roars so loudly that it reverberates through the ground, sounding more like a peal of thunder than the sound of a living thing. Lunette's tidal pull throws it off balance, making it stagger like a drunk, unable to make another attack against the ward. Haramhold's prison only grows in strength, trapping the Beast within another layer of impenetrable force. Meanwhile, Tzekel-Kan is cursed, and will only become more ineffectual as time goes on.

Maizeteotl drops her cups, and runs over to her brother, begging him to take her away from this. She's a goddess of agriculture, not a fighter. He refuses, and calls to Lunette.

"The lizard has a weakness! I've been keeping it hidden, for when the time was right! It's the only weapon that can kill him!"

Azorcha's turn now!

ChaosArchon
2017-04-02, 06:52 PM
Azorcha sighs and shouts at their new-found ally, imploring him to tell him where he did the t-rex bone spear. Meanwhile Sebastian twitches at the ready, prepared to go fetch it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/61/e0/f5/61e0f5017451e8b1a8379dc101dae858.jpg

josienoms
2017-04-06, 09:51 AM
Tzekel-Kan, realizing he's hopelessly outmatched thanks to Cass's curse, tries to get out while the getting's good.

Needless to say, he doesn't get far. He's tripped by one of the serving girls, the very same one Lunette offered encouragement to.

Meanwhile, the Tlapetlani roars in impotent rage, unable to break free from the prison Haramhold constructed around him.

Chipateotl shouts the location of the spear to Sebastian as the crab scuttles off, it's tucked safely away in the little Sun God's temple.

And Cass's turn now, followed by Lunette and Haramhold, then Azorcha, since Maizeteotl has given up the fight in her fear.

Obscurejones
2017-04-10, 02:52 PM
Running her hands along the hem of her sash Cassandra draws forth a pair of whippoorwills and throws them out into the air. A single sinister hiss from their master and the birds streak forward, passing over Sebastian as they soar to retrieve the spear.

Kell_tamer
2017-04-14, 10:32 AM
Taking advantage of her flanking position, Lunette drives her spear with a thrust through the barrier along the hamstring of the creature. An attempt to topple it over. Keeping her shield up to the side and ready parry a counter attack against her should he manage to break the shell.

So its at -4 DV she rolls 8 dice and gets 2 auto successes on the spear roll. + any stunt
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

If the attack hits the damage is 7L + 2 auto + extra successes

Base damage if a hit
[roll2] +2 auto

Extra successes from left to right take em
[roll3]